Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND

Sep 30, 2015, 11:01 AM

WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like a pretty fair assessment. He really likes the

Sep 30, 2015, 11:09 AM

defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND

Sep 30, 2015, 11:10 AM

I actually have to agree with Herbie on this one. It's gonna boil down to who makes that one mistake, that one little slip up that's gonna cost their team the game. I've been waiting all summer for this game. Let's go Tigers

Sep 30, 2015, 1:11 PM

If that is the case, you would have to give the edge to DW4 bc of the experience factor. He has played in huge games last year on the road facing hostile crowds. The ND QB I believe will be facing the most hostile crowd Saturday night as he will ever face again in his career. I'm giving a slight edge to us only bc of DW4's experience, and our crowd noise being 2nd to none. If our crowd is All In All 4 quarters even if we are down, our team can feed off our crowd and come back. Those of us that has been a lot, we have seen our crowd pull our team out of the grips of defeat, and drag them back up to a win. But we will need that same type crowd that won't lay down when the fight get tuff. Down 21, and a good home crowd can help erase the deficit by bringing Our Tigers back to life. Gooooooo Tiger fans, keep the pressure on ND and their young QB every time they put their dirty filthy hands on a FB in Our Death Valley. Frank Howard may have put the DV rock in our stadium, but our crowd has brought the Death by thrusting their voices as swords into our opponents hearts!!! Goooo Tiger fans, bring the Death into the Valley on Saturday Night, thrust your voices as swords into the hearts of Notre Dame. Don't let them take nothing but death out of Clemson's Death Valley!!! Gooooo Tigerssss, WE, your fans has your back!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure a late turnover determines the game

Sep 30, 2015, 11:12 AM

I think any turnover could change the course of the game. ND will not be the kind of team you can recover many mistakes against. If we turnover and make it a two score deficit that will be a huge challenge. If they turn it over and get in the same situation I think our D could also prevent them from catching up or getting ahead. Even if in the second or third quarter.

Re: Not sure a late turnover determines the game

Sep 30, 2015, 12:34 PM

Yep! Turnovers and special teams will be an area neither team can tolerate mistakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I worry about our ST

Sep 30, 2015, 2:06 PM

We need Lakip kicking off into the stands and Teasdall making some high, long punts but hopefully he doesn't need to make too many. Gotta due all we can to keep our coverage risks low.

Thank you Kirk for properly doing your homework***

Sep 30, 2015, 11:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I agree with his asessment.***

Sep 30, 2015, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with his asessment.***

Sep 30, 2015, 12:32 PM

Me too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 12:19 PM

As usual, Kirk comes through with a very good, unbiased assessment.

Sep 30, 2015, 12:32 PM

Yep! I couldn't ask for a better summary. This game should be a war, but a war we can win.

Sep 30, 2015, 1:14 PM

Absolutely. I just hope the extra time off has given our coordinators some time to put together a solid game plan, and Watson a chance to clear his head a bit.

Not sure Kirk saw CBS breakdown, Kirk's made sense***

Sep 30, 2015, 12:27 PM

Re: Not sure Kirk saw CBS breakdown, Kirk's made sense***

Sep 30, 2015, 12:31 PM

Very unbiased! Best I've seen and heard so far with facts and factual thoughts to back it up.

Absolutely!

Sep 30, 2015, 12:29 PM

Great and fair synopsis. I agree with his analysis, and it is in the hands of our OL and DL and how well DW handles the situation. I say the same thing about ND. I think our Defense is at least as good as theirs, but I see them having a better OL, based on play so far. I hope our OL come in with a performance that makes a great positive statement for our Tigers. I believe we will win this game, but we have to play a lights out, mistake free game to make that dream come true.

Trenches - that's why I posted about team speed

Sep 30, 2015, 12:34 PM

if we need to, I hope we have a plan to roll the pocket long enough for Watson to fire downfield

null

Sep 30, 2015, 12:46 PM

As usual with Herbie you get a pretty good assessment. I think he is by far the best they have on the Network and for the most part calls it straight. Some may recall he got blasted by Big10 country for saying Florida was the best team in the country not long after The Tebow Vow. Lou and a few others gave him crap, but he was right. His family was even getting hate mail in Columbus if I'm not mistaken. Point is, generally, when Herbie speaks, it's best to listen. THEN tune Joe testicletear, the bitchelor, and Heather Sammitch out.

Herbie Luvs him some Clemson too

Sep 30, 2015, 12:48 PM

He is a big fan

null

Sep 30, 2015, 12:49 PM

I totally disagree with Kirk on this one. If UMass can score 27 on ND at South Bend, then CLEMSON can score 40 on them in DV. And our D is stingy, so ND won't score more than 21. CLEMSON wins going away by at least 20 points.

Without Zaire, I consider ND to be the most overrated team in the country, but don't tell the media that. Let them think we're beating the slop outta the #6 team in the country. LOL

How about we make Herbstreit look good for a change ...

Sep 30, 2015, 1:07 PM

... he's been a Clemson advocate for a long time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#4 & Clemson was 1 fumble from beating FSU

Sep 30, 2015, 3:07 PM

in TALLY primetime with a freshman QB. No one seems to remember that.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:21 PM

I guess a lot of folks haven't learned their lesson when it came to OK Last year or Ohio St the year before. There was no love in fact I think we were like a 10 point underdog last year in the bowl game with turnover Cole. Let them suck eggs! Go tigers

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic