Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Jay Guillermo does his best Dabo Swinney impersonation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Jay Guillermo does his best Dabo Swinney impersonation

Dec 6, 2015, 2:19 PM

WATCH: Jay Guillermo does his best Dabo Swinney impersonation

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He looked like he was giving his best impersonation

Dec 6, 2015, 2:37 PM

of Bozo the clown last night on several of those snaps!

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Jay Guillermo does his best Dabo Swinney impersonation

Dec 6, 2015, 2:39 PM

Speaking of Guillermo... Holy bad snaps. For about 5 weeks now he chucks the ball all over the place I swear. I don't understand how no one ever talks about this. How many bad snaps does Deshaun have to handle per game? It's ridiculous. I can't believe we haven't turned the ball over more because of it either. Thank God for DW... He's so good that people don't even notice the mistakes happening all around him.

Dec 6, 2015, 3:22 PM

Please, just...no.

Jay has been an absolute anchor for the line this week.

For any actual players reading the board, this guys ^^^opinion is the minority. You guys are champions. I couldn't be more proud to be a Clemson Tiger fan.

Dec 6, 2015, 3:23 PM

Edit: an anchor the ENTIRE YEAR. Not week.

Dec 6, 2015, 2:56 PM

You know it is real easy to speak your mind about these players on this board but you never realize they have lives that involve more than football. Jay lost his grandmother who he was really close with last Monday. He had to make 3 trips to North Carolina and attend her funeral on Thursday so he had to miss practice. So please remember these guys deal with real life problems. Also, he is a three time all ACC offensive lineman of the week. How many Clemson Linemen have achieved that?

Dec 6, 2015, 3:28 PM

Why do we always make constructive criticism seem so evil? Listen, of course I've no idea all the ins and outs of his personal life, it's almost bizarre that you do. I wasn't attacking the "person" under the helmet or defaming his character... I'm speaking of his play on the field! We are so quick to attack someone on here for expressing their views about what we all come here to do - talk football! So keep it football talk. Gosh. Take away all of the lifetime channel drama and take what I said at face. The snaps. The low snaps. The high snaps. The over the head safety earlier in the year. You have seen them, yes? I just stated that the long snaps need work, why? Because they do. Please, criticism or an opinion shouldn't always be met with the sword or assumptions. I'm the happiest person alive today but I'm just unable to completely ignore bad play when I see it, particularly when it's a season-long issue that no one seems to mention, ever.

So random message board people can criticize

Dec 6, 2015, 3:47 PM

scholarship athletes.... but random message board people can't be criticized themselves?

Oh ok. Now I understand the world.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So random message board people can criticize

Dec 6, 2015, 4:40 PM

Never once did I complain about criticism myself, but rather the mention of funerals, "real life problems", etc.

If you want to talk about the bad snaps? Fine. But all the other stuff? Please. Like when DJ Reader left and so many people took to the boards to air our their opinions on his personal life. Or people jumping to conclusions and flaming others in their response. That was the point. Not the reverse criticism. Has anyone noticed how 3/4 of the posts lately have been about worrying, coach's attire, and everything else irrelevant? 3 weeks ago you couldn't say a single word about Boulware's play but now that he's officially admitted to playing with one-arm, now everyone can chime in? The standards are all over the place.

Just keep it football. Anyone doesn't think the snaps have been ###### the last five weeks, I'd love to hear your argument. But going back and forth about personal issues, hearsay, assumptions, etc. is for the birds.

It is all about the presentation...

Dec 6, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Jay Guillermo does his best Dabo Swinney impersonation ]

of your comments that make people take offense

Re: It is all about the presentation...

Dec 6, 2015, 4:44 PM

The guy above me called him a bozo, no one said a word.

I happen to comment on actual facts and how Deshaun has had to manage bad long snaps the majority of the year and I'm the ####### all of a sudden? Lighten up everyone. Don't believe me? Watch any game at random from this year and grade the consistency of the snaps in shotgun. If you don't realize Deshaun making miracles happen on bad snaps, and the fact that that is actually a compliment, therein lies the real problem.

Dec 6, 2015, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Jay Guillermo does his best Dabo Swinney impersonation ]

What is constructive about your criticism ? This dude has played great this year as well as the other hogs on this line . Your " criticism " is going to change anything and you are just flat out wrong .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2015, 5:18 PM

Blocking aside (because that was NEVER BROUGHT UP), you're telling me that you think our shotgun snaps have been spot-on? You don't notice Deshaun having to bend over and practically scoop 75% off the ground before running the plays? Come on bro. Tell me you haven't noticed this.

Dec 6, 2015, 5:26 PM

So do they need to replace Guillermo at center . Is that what you would do ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2015, 5:56 PM

Um, did I ever mention that? Jay came in for Norton because Norton couldn't control his snaps... So id think once Jay started doing some of the same in late weeks, it would come up in conversation, that's all. Look bad at what I read. I wondered how we haven't had more turnovers because of it and questioned why it goes unnoticed. That's all. I think he's grown tremendously and was amazed at his snaps in the hurricane against ND but lately, I've just noticed a lot of snaps being low and Deshaun having to work extra hard at handling the wild snaps before the play progresses. If you don't believe me, just review film. I've watched every replay and I always make notes. Until you've actually accepted what's on tape over the last 5 weeks regarding snaps, stop commenting. Or at least make sense when you do.

Dec 6, 2015, 6:48 PM

I want one of those t-shirts he's got on

Dec 6, 2015, 4:56 PM

why is it every time I see this playwire screen with the big orange arrow on it, I can never watch it ?!!!!!!!!

Dec 7, 2015, 12:51 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that shirt is incredible???!!!

Dec 7, 2015, 12:52 AM

Obviously not, see the poster ahead of me lol.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic