Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Vegas win projections for Clemson in 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,641

FB Update: Vegas win projections for Clemson in 2017

May 21, 2017, 11:18 AM

Vegas win projections for Clemson in 2017

Read Update »

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the 2017 National Championship

May 21, 2017, 12:14 PM

Ain't got no problem with Alabama and O310 State having 10.5 and 10 wins by Vegas' estimation ....none at all .
With their easy schedules and high caliber coaching they SHOULD easily win at least 10 games .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Strongly tempted to lay money on the over

May 21, 2017, 12:59 PM

10-2 is very realistic for this team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Strongly tempted to lay money on the over

May 21, 2017, 1:17 PM

I agree. I don't see us losing to both Auburn and FL St at home AND Louisville away??? While I'm at it I'm also tempted to take the under on the coots. Game On!

USuCk 5-5

May 21, 2017, 1:13 PM

On a generous day. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USuCk 5-5

May 21, 2017, 1:19 PM

This! If they played the better teams in their conference (who by the way, aren't world beaters) they would not win 5 games. They might not win 5 anyway, and an implosion is certain to fill along with a muschump firing and yet another contract buyout. This is going to be fun to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vegas Loses Again on Clemson

May 21, 2017, 1:50 PM

Vegas betters lost big time this last Natty. They'll repeat the same mistake in this preseason projection. Last year they said 10.5 wins, we had 11. Strength of schedule is predictable. RPI predictions before the season even starts is a total crap shoot.

Agree another 10+ win season .

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vegas Loses Again on Clemson

May 21, 2017, 3:45 PM

Vegas never loses. The book is always balanced by kickoff. Their profit is "the juice", basically a commission for handling the bet. Who wins or loses does not matter to them.

May 21, 2017, 5:37 PM

You missed my point. "Vegas" is the bettors. The bettors will lose as they did last year because they have bought into the delusion of ESPN and whoever.
I don't bet and don't know how it works, don't care either. But our Tigers will do better than "Vegas" predicts. Bet on it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

11 wins on a 10.5 total sounds like a pretty good number

May 21, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Vegas Loses Again on Clemson ]

by Vegas. I'm not sure where they missed big.

2014 was 9.5 an we won 9. That's another good number that we came just short of.

2015 was 9 and we won 12. Obviously we outperformed that one a good bit. 9 was probably a little low for that team, but i guess losing all of the guys off the 2014 defense led to the lower number. Also, 10.5 is about the highest number you will ever see, so it's not like 9 is a really low projection.

Re: 11 wins on a 10.5 total sounds like a pretty good number

May 21, 2017, 6:43 PM

Justify what you want. The point is that the Tigers won the Natty against big odds. My son got 400 dollars a friend bet for him for 50, that's 8/1. Big odds against the favorite last year. And what has changed. Nothing. Wake up Tigers. The uphill battle continues despite the odds. I think Clemson continues to prove the "experts " wrong again.

Re: 11 wins on a 10.5 total sounds like a pretty good number

May 22, 2017, 8:23 PM

This! If we were in the secheat, we would be right back in the conversation about playing AL for the 3rd time. We still may make it, and I like our chances a whole lot better than Urban Meyer and USU's. Wait What was that score last year when we played them, and what was the score the time before that? I rest my case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2017, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Vegas Loses Again on Clemson ]

This! And, if we find a QB who actually can complete a down field pass, we may just show back up in the natty again. We definitely have lots of great talent all over the board if (and it is a big if) our QB play is up to par. JMHO

Vegas win projections

May 21, 2017, 1:53 PM

The gift thst keeps giving during football down time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Vegas win projections for Clemson in 2017

May 21, 2017, 2:49 PM

What was the Las Vegas win projections per team for last season analyses, or is this something they made up to do for this year to try and convince folks not to bet on Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2017, 3:34 PM

Here's the link, if I got it right.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/las-vegas-releases-2016-college-football-win-totals-for-all-128-fbs-teams/

May 21, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Vegas win projections for Clemson in 2017 ]

They want people to bet. The more bets, the more "juice."

May 21, 2017, 3:53 PM

Clemson will absolutely not lose more than twice this year. I'm leaning more towards 11-1 myself. I have a real feeling Loserville will be exposed this year and lose often. Auburn would be easy if not for being week 2, and FSU is my main concern. All winnable games, likely will drop one of them though.

I think we'll get to double digits in wins.

May 21, 2017, 6:22 PM

That said, it may not be enough to get us to a championship. Auburn and FSU are my main concerns. Since they're at home I think we have a good chance to earn a split.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,641
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic