Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson

Jun 16, 2017, 2:53 PM

VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson

Jun 16, 2017, 2:56 PM

Wait does this put us on upset alert in June?

null

Jun 16, 2017, 3:05 PM

Did the Sporting News just rip the words out of my mouth on this issue?!

Jun 16, 2017, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson ]

To hear a game called a trap game just makes me sick. There is no such thing as a trap game, a team either comes out and plays to the best of their ability, or they get lazy and get beat. Nothing resembling a trap under those circumstances!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd table that game discussion - here is why:

Jun 16, 2017, 3:06 PM

Their Offense is losing 6 starters and 4,465 of their 6,229 yards gained last year - including their QB Evans. He should have stayed in school, but they need to find a replacement for him. They also lost all american type talented WRs Isaiah Ford and Bucky Hodges. Now they certainly could find replacements for those guys and they could be settled in by the time we play them. But we'll have to see

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Their Defense line was gutted as well

Jun 16, 2017, 3:32 PM

They lost a lot on the line, but they'll be great at linebacker and good at secondary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd table that game discussion - here is why:

Jun 16, 2017, 3:43 PM [ in reply to I'd table that game discussion - here is why: ]

Well said...

here's my thing...most publications are just trying to create stories. And too many fans
get upset about the slightest things. Like they're suppose to say..
"yea, Clemson is going just rip through every opponet this yr, no need to even play the
games"

To me, the VT game is a respectable game with concern implacations.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about NC State than VT***

Jun 16, 2017, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I'd table that game discussion - here is why: ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 16, 2017, 3:58 PM [ in reply to I'd table that game discussion - here is why: ]

We lost all of our offense too...still think we are much better. This trap game mess is dumb. The Tigers are gonna get every team's best shot this year. Including Kent and Citadel. Just gotta play football. I guess they gotta have something to right about.

Jun 19, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to I'd table that game discussion - here is why: ]

Both teams lost a ton of skill on the offensive side. I would expect a low scoring game.

9-3 this year

Jun 16, 2017, 3:22 PM

And I'll be satisfied.

But if we lose one I'm calling for coaches heads.

#realcfbfan

Jun 16, 2017, 3:23 PM

It has begun......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We play Boston College the week before VPI, and Wake Forest

Jun 16, 2017, 3:36 PM

the week after. So why exactly is Virginia Tech the trap game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: We play Boston College the week before VPI, and Wake Forest

Jun 16, 2017, 4:54 PM

Scheduling....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2017, 3:53 PM

I would say NCST is a bigger trap game. They're looking for revenge after what happened last year, they always play us tough, especially when they're at home, and we get them the week before Florida State.

The real trap game for Clemson

Jun 16, 2017, 4:28 PM

will be the Rose Bowl Game. Might be looking ahead to Atlanta.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2017, 4:32 PM

Somebody forgot that VT's QB went early to the draft. He would have made a huge difference, but not now. VT is NOT a trap game IMO.

That said, I guess ALL of our games are trap games (save USUC who is not relevant).

Jun 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

I agree, all teams will give their best shot. Alabama faces that each time they play. It is a mindset to play the A game no matter the opponent.

Jun 16, 2017, 8:21 PM

True , and it helps if when you have to play your A-Game you have an A-Team ...which we do .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 16, 2017, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson ]

Maybe that is part of the trap, they're not going to use a QB bc their's left early. I guess we will be setting a trap of our own with a total different style of QB!!!

article by Captain Obvious***

Jun 16, 2017, 5:11 PM

Insert Admiral Ackbar gif

Jun 16, 2017, 7:19 PM

If you think it may be a trap, then is it still a trap?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LORENZO WARD!!!!!?????***

Jun 17, 2017, 3:16 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2017, 7:46 PM

Fuentes is a great young coach and will give the Hokies an ACC Championship or two ...but they aren't there with Clemson yet . Especially without Evans .
Tigers win .
31-17

DB23

Jun 16, 2017, 7:55 PM

LOL EVERY time I hear a "tiger fan" say "we lost all of our offense", it wreeks of cootdom.

Ill be sure to let our four returning OL starters, Cain, McCloud, Renfrow, Fuller, Feaster that they dont count.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2017, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson ]

Tiger D bigger, stronger, faster. I think that will be the difference. Clemson won't score much, but the Hokies will score even less.

Upset alert!***

Jun 16, 2017, 8:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Countdown clock

Jun 16, 2017, 8:20 PM

I dont know if its a trap game but VT has a countdown clock to that game. So well be in there heads for a while.

Re: Countdown clock

Jun 16, 2017, 9:02 PM

They also lost their entire passing game, and I dont think there are 4 and 5 stars battling it out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it labeled Countdown to Beatdown?***

Jun 17, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Countdown clock ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legit trap game ... as is Uncle Lou***

Jun 17, 2017, 10:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 6:03 PM

This might seem crazy, but I thought a trap was something that got you when you didnt see it coming. Not that I think VT is going to beat us, but they were in the ACC title game last year. Auburn, Louisville, FSU and VT should be out of the running for being a "trap game" Looking at the schedule those are the ones that get circled for me as our toughest tests. Those 4 and maybe NC State. The only potential trap game on our schedule is Ga Tech because of the triple option, but we get them off a bye week and Venebles owns them.

Jun 18, 2017, 11:27 AM

As Dabo consistently says week in, and week out, the next game is the most important game for our season. The next game opponent has an equal opportunity to hurt what we're striving to accomplish in our 12 game regular season. We can't win championships until we take care of those regular season games. For as long as Dabo is the HC of our Tiger FB team, I do not see any game we play as a trap game bc Dabo knows and understands that every opponent we play will do their best to beat us, and Dabo and his staff will do their best to have our guys prepared to win every game when they show up on our schedule. There won't be any trap games with Dabo knowing the intentions of every team we play. We have played in back to back NCGs and winning one of the two bc Dabo understands the meaning of being prepared!!!

Jun 19, 2017, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: VT listed as a trap opponent for Clemson ]

And the Yellow Coats don't even have last year's qb. Paullllllllllllllll Johnson will kick and scream to no avail. :)

Jun 18, 2017, 11:36 AM

VT is a good team with a proven coach, who gave us a great game in the ACC Championship. This is no trap game. It is a good game between two good teams. Should be fun to watch, but NC Tigers win a close one.

Jun 18, 2017, 12:16 PM

VT has good players and a good coach. They gave us a great game in the ACC Championship game. This is no trap game, it is two really good teams playing a very important game for their seasons. Clemson will win a close in a close game.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic