Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Two Tigers named to Preseason Watch Lists
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,451

FB Update: Two Tigers named to Preseason Watch Lists

Jul 10, 2017, 1:35 PM

Two Tigers named to Preseason Watch Lists

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Two Tigers named to Preseason Watch Lists

Jul 10, 2017, 4:27 PM

I think Big Dex and Wilkins will be close to impossible to keep out of the backfield. Wilkins showed how athletic he was by playing DE last year but could tell at times that he was out of place at DE he sometimes had trouble setting the edge due to his size which is understandble considering he's close to 300 lbs. with Bryant back healthy and Wilkins moving back to DT this line is going to stay in opposing backfields. Qbs hate pressure up the middle the most bc when you got de coming from the edges qb can usually climb the pocket and give themselves enough time to throw or escape. When you got des coming off the edge and 2 wrecking balls coming up the middle there is no where the qb can go. Can't climb the pocket and can't escape outside and that's what is going to happen all year I feel bad for opposing oline and qbs (not really) haha! Go Tigers!!

Jul 10, 2017, 7:21 PM

I agree with you. This will be a nightmare for opponents. Who do you double team? These guys are gonna cause havoc and free up the DE's and LB's to do the same. QB's will be running for their lives and making big mistakes in the process.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2017, 8:04 PM

Exactly you can't double team anyone on our dline unless you want to let one guy demolish you all game and on top of that, you got our blitz happy schemes and this LB group is big and athletic as well! There are going to be holes for the LBs for days lol. This front 7 will be one if not the best in college football. Which will also give our young but very talented secondary time to solidify into a solid unit, come towards mid season and I think this defense as a whole will be nasty and fun to watch as a tiger!

Jul 10, 2017, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Two Tigers named to Preseason Watch Lists ]

Add Ferrell , Bryant , Huggins and Pinckney to the list of nightmarish DLinemen that Clemson has at it's disposal for 2017 .
There will not be a lot of happy OC's and head coaches on opposing sidelines this year .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 10, 2017, 10:48 PM

...and Register and Yeargin !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

sadly RY3 won't be playing at all this year....

Jul 11, 2017, 3:08 AM

:(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watchlist Disappointment

Jul 10, 2017, 6:34 PM

List was too short. Nothing on the offensive side. That will change over the coarse of the season. Hope the preseason list sponsors learn something, but I doubt it

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watchlist Disappointment

Jul 10, 2017, 7:12 PM

I like how everyone is thinking our offense will take a big step back, seems everytime the media has doubts about our offense or defense that unit excels and goes way beyond ppl think. After tajh it was offense with questions man named DW took the reins but got hurt. Then last year after losing Lawson Crawford and most secondary media thought we take a step back, ended up being better defense then the year b4. This offense won't look the same without DW but I expect big things with the returning line and skill posistions.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic