Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

FB Update: Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith

Apr 17, 2015, 4:48 PM

Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith

Apr 17, 2015, 4:56 PM

Thank You Robert! You've given us a lot for us to cheer for and be proud of! God Bless you and your future!, Go Tigers!

I ran into Robert and his Dad

Apr 17, 2015, 5:10 PM

at a gas station the day after the win over Oklahoma in the bowl game this year. Got the chance to tell him how much we all appreciated him as a player and how well he represented Clemson.

This kid was first class when we met. Everything was "yes sir" and "thank you". He really carried himself so well and you could tell he had great character and manners and humility.

Told me he had already graduated and that he was looking forward to trying to make it in the NFL.

God bless you Robert and thank you for all you gave to Clemson and to us fans. Thank you for being "all in" and for representing Clemson and your family so well.

Re: I ran into Robert and his Dad

Apr 17, 2015, 8:06 PM

great letter from Robert and great post from U.... Tiger nation is alive and well!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Awesomeness!***

Apr 17, 2015, 4:57 PM

Thank you Robert!

Apr 17, 2015, 5:00 PM

You are a great player, better representative of Clemson, and even a better man! May God bless you and yours for all your days to come!

No..... Thank you Robert!

Apr 17, 2015, 5:04 PM

God Bless you and good luck in all you do.

Robert, we are equally thankful for you.

Apr 17, 2015, 5:03 PM

Special player and obviously a special individual. Hope nothing but the best in whatever Robert elects to pursue. Wouldn't trade our players and staff for any other in the country. Collectively we form the best athletic/fan/academic combination in the country. Go Tigers. All In All The Dang Time.

Thank you Robert for choosing Clemson and being a

Sep 6, 2019, 7:38 PM

part of some really special seasons of Clemson football. I can tell that your parents have done a great job and have to really be proud of you and your accomplishments both as a student and athlete at Clemson. Wish you all the best in life's endeavors both athletically and otherwise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These were IPTAY dollars very well spent. God bless!***

Apr 17, 2015, 5:21 PM

Apr 17, 2015, 5:25 PM

It's always a joy to see players write letters to show their appreciation to those responsible for their successes! I see more and more athletes grateful for their education. Hats off to those who work so hard, through their busy schedule, to reach that goal. Football, along with any sport, can come to a halt in the blink of an eye. However, that degree is forever!

Best of luck to you, Robert Smith! May the next chapter of your life be filled with happiness and success! We will miss seeing you next year, but know we will hear great things from you!:)

Impressive***

Apr 17, 2015, 5:27 PM

Apr 17, 2015, 5:47 PM

Thank you Mr. Smith. You will always be a part of the Clemson family. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you in your future endeavors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best wishes to you, Robert! I'm thankful to have spent a few

Apr 17, 2015, 5:50 PM

minutes with you at the All In Ball. We are grateful for what you have given to Clemson. Good luck & come back often!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 5:52 PM

What a wonderful ode to your school Robert. . A very distinguished tribute to tiger nation.
VERY CLASSY!

Apr 17, 2015, 5:53 PM

What a great letter. We have been blessed to have some of the best athletes and young men of character. This young man will succeed at what endeavor he aspires to

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: and Thank you !

Apr 17, 2015, 6:01 PM

Thank you for your hard work!
Education is for a lifetime; the more you learn, the more you find out that you don't know.
Keep on grinding.
Many Blessings and Much Success to you!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 17, 2015, 6:46 PM

Is everyone else as proud of Robert and his exemplary expression of his feelings for Clemson as I am? This letter should be sent to every print publication in the country. It defines what is meant by a "Clemson Man". Thank you Robert. Best wishes during your remaining life's journey!

What a great piece of mail to show to future recruits!***

Apr 17, 2015, 6:53 PM

Re: What a great piece of mail to show to future recruits!***

Apr 17, 2015, 7:13 PM

If I were a coach, I would never mention that letter to a recruit. I would post it in the athletic building so they would come across it one day, but I would never personally use it. I would let it stand for what it is, a heart felt thank you from a true Clemson man that loved being a part of the Clemson family!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kerrect! Frame it and put it on the football athletics wall.***

Apr 18, 2015, 12:19 AM [ in reply to What a great piece of mail to show to future recruits!*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody else's eyes sweat when they read this?

Apr 17, 2015, 7:17 PM

Man, so proud to be a Clemson Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Anybody else's eyes sweat when they read this?

Apr 17, 2015, 9:21 PM

Yes my eyes were sweating a little reading that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 7:29 PM

WOW!!! Very good letter. Thank you for choosing to be a Tiger and playing for us.

Hwy..thank You Robert! Come back soon & GoTiGERS!

Apr 17, 2015, 7:43 PM

Beat the Coots again

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost 900 people have read this article and only

Apr 17, 2015, 7:42 PM

6 thumbs up?????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Re: Almost 900 people have read this article and only

Apr 17, 2015, 9:27 PM

Actually, I've never gave a TU to T-Net writers, I donate T-Net money instead!!!

it has nothing to do with the writers it's about Robert..***

Apr 18, 2015, 9:18 AM

odness,what a great young man and what a great

Apr 17, 2015, 7:47 PM

sentiment. Robert, you will go a far in life regardless of football. May God bless.

Well done Mr. Smith....Clemson Man!

Apr 17, 2015, 8:33 PM

Best wishes & success in all your endeavors.

CLEMSON ROCKS!!!!!!!! TIGERS ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our players and coaches are awesome***

Apr 17, 2015, 8:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bravo!! So proud.

Apr 17, 2015, 8:49 PM

The last 3 years have been special. This is a team that grew up and redefined both on and off the field expectations at Clemson.

null

Apr 17, 2015, 8:54 PM

A true Clemson man. So proud of him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go make us all proud Robert!***

Apr 17, 2015, 9:21 PM

Apr 17, 2015, 9:27 PM

I've never met him, but hope to soon. My buddy at work is dating his cousin and he asked me today if I'd like to come to a little draft party at his mom's. I told him to be dang sure that it's cool with him sense I believe this to be a special time for him to be with family and friends. It's a great feeling to have a player from the Palmetto State represent Clemson with such class on and off the field. What a player! A guy like that... .. Would be my honor to meet. GO TIGERS!!!!! Thank you Robert!

Apr 17, 2015, 10:18 PM

Just curious for you naysayers what was his star rating? Smh

Apr 17, 2015, 10:30 PM

Thank You, Robert. You certainly became one heck of a player. We love you. Thanks for choosing to be a part of the Tiger family!

His rating is

Apr 18, 2015, 6:00 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith ]

6* in my system. He was a part of our Tiger football team when it was rated the number 1 defense in the country. He is a member of the class with the most career victories. He is evidently an outstanding young man that achieved so very much during his Clemson career. And he will always be a Tiger graduate. Please remember him as a 6*in the rating system that really matters - the game of life. God bless you Robert and may your dreams come true.

Apr 17, 2015, 10:53 PM

It was a treat to watch you grow young man. May you always be a success wherever you go and whatever you do.

Dear Robert,

Apr 17, 2015, 11:43 PM

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but it is getting harder and harder to watch our young men leave to pursue that wonderful next step in life. Much like a parent, a selfish side of me wishes we could just make you stay because I am sad to see you go. But also like a parent, I am so excited about your future I can't wait to see it. You have made your Clemson family so proud not only of your football success but also the academic accomplishments. I wish you the absolute best for your life. Now it is time for the world to know what we already do........that fine young Clemson Gentleman , Robert Smith.

Richest blessings to you, Mr. Smith. Keep focused on Christ!***

Apr 17, 2015, 11:57 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: FB Update: This!!!

Apr 18, 2015, 12:38 AM

Robert Smith is an exemplar of the true Clemson man!
He reminds me why I am so proud to be a part of the Clemson family!
So fortunate and blessed!
Like the saying or not, 'We Too Deep' means much more than talent on the field.
I can't wait to see him play on Sunday!
FIght Tigers FIght Tigers ###### Fight Fight Fight

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

^^^DITTO!^^^***

Apr 19, 2015, 10:24 AM

NO!!!

Apr 18, 2015, 1:01 AM

Thank you Robert!!!!

And now you become part of the legions who proudly

Apr 18, 2015, 4:35 AM

proclaim, "We are Clemson."

Thank you and God Speed.

Apr 18, 2015, 6:26 AM

Very Classy, Good Luck Robert!

Proud to call you a fellow alum ...***

Apr 18, 2015, 6:44 AM

Apr 18, 2015, 7:26 AM

So special! Thank you, too, Robert. It is young men like you who make it easy to be an "All In" Clemson fan. There really is something very special in those hills, and you have been a big part of it. Best to you in your life. You can accomplish so much. Go get it! God Bless!

Ladies and Gentlemen - this is what separates Clemson

Apr 18, 2015, 8:30 AM

Most are Schools - Clemson is an experience, a fellowship, and a part of you forever.

You can get a degree most anywhere. But Clemson - my friends - is something special that we all should be proud of. We recruit better people, support each other, and form a bond with one another. Yes, occasionally, we screw up. But - far less than most other schools.
Robert Smith is a great example.
Proud to be a Tiger!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2015, 9:08 AM

Thank you Robert. We all enjoyed watching you play.

Apr 18, 2015, 9:24 AM

And thank you for that awesome legal hit against Wake Forest. You make great contact in a legal way. Go Tigers

Robert thank you!

Apr 18, 2015, 1:21 PM

Thank you for the way you handled yourself and played. we will miss you - great letter!

We thank you Robert! We will miss you and you will always

Apr 18, 2015, 3:37 PM

be a great Clemson Tiger.

And here is a good point to note that...

Apr 19, 2015, 8:34 AM

this is a letter that a "one and done" or a "two and done" will never be able to write. They aren't full products of the university experience, not really part of the alumni, can't ever look back to the way they "grew up" there, etc. Their choice of course.

^^^+1Great point^^^ I love all Clemson

Apr 22, 2015, 4:02 AM

Team's. However, there seems to be a special bond with members of the Football team. I know it's my favorite sport, (as it probably is with 95+% of you) and I follow it and the player's closer than any other athletes. It is a football school, and I wouldn't have it aNY other way. Proud of you Robert.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for coming to Clemson, Mr. Smith!

Apr 19, 2015, 11:15 AM

May God Bless you in your journey through life. Your words are moving and demonstrate the positive impact Clemson University has on the lives it touches.

Thank you for being a Tiger!

~JKB

Apr 19, 2015, 11:35 AM

What a class act. Thanks for your hard work and dedication Robert. Wish you all the luck in the world with what ever you are guided to do. Thank You!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2015, 2:45 AM

Robert, that is a classy letter and I am proud to call you a fellow Clemson alumnus. Thank you for all the hard work and your performance, on and off the field. I wish you and your family all the success and we will be cheering just as loud for you in your future career. Go Tigers!

Apr 22, 2015, 1:12 PM

Thank you Robert for thinking of all the people that have influenced your growth to a young man. As a student athlete, many tasks are required to be the best. You are a great example of how high school players become college athletes with the right people influencing your life. Clemson fans appreciate your words and will always be pulling for your success on and off the field. Go Tigers!

Apr 23, 2015, 10:37 PM

Thank You Robert.
Will be looking for you on Sundays very soon

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic