Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: TBT: Dabo Swinney fires back at Steve Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: TBT: Dabo Swinney fires back at Steve Spurrier

Dec 4, 2014, 9:25 AM

TBT: Dabo Swinney fires back at Steve Spurrier

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally enjoy it MUCH MORE when Dabo does it

Dec 4, 2014, 9:27 AM

ON THE FIELD!!!! Go Dabo and Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: FB Update: TBT: Dabo Swinney fires back at Steve Spurrier

Dec 4, 2014, 9:42 AM

I laughed the whole time watching this. Not because I thought it was funny or untrue. When it comes to responding to blowback, no one and I mean no one does it like Dabo Swinney. He went all American President on Spurrier. And then to finish it off, he said "Tweet that!" Man! that just made my day!!!

#TweetThat
#ALLIN
#THISISCLEMSON

Dec 4, 2014, 9:47 AM

Odd thing is when he actually did beat them, I don't think he's fired anything at Spurrier. Love how so far he's not taking an immediate jab...not giving him the luxury of the attention.

Dec 4, 2014, 9:51 AM

That is him growing and maturing as a head coach...

He understands now that you can't entertain that old drunk son of a btch in Columbia...Let him run his c@ck sucker and go about your life...I am actually proud of him that he has kept quiet since, h3ll, pretty much our Orange Bowl victory last season...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I think that Dabo would...

Dec 4, 2014, 10:26 AM

speak those same words with the same passion today as he did back then, if put in that position again. Maturity doesn't factor into this equation. He defended his program, not with his opinion or conjecture, but with FACTS, and those facts can't be and weren't argued. He pitched a shutout, and no matter how drunk and red-beaked SOS got, he knew he couldn't hit that fastball Dabo served up. Couldn't even swing and miss. The OBC K'd looking.

I loved every word Dabo spoke. It made me proud to be a Clemson fan, and even more because Dabo is the coach at Clemson. I admit I doubted TDP's hire of him, doubted him after the Napier debacle, and I will admit that I was wrong in doubting. I may doubt Dabo again, it might take another 50 years, but it could happen.

You are exactly right fine sir....this was no "rant"....

Dec 4, 2014, 11:08 AM

watch the clock on the video and then watch the deliberation with which Dabo chooses his words. Also note that he didn't raise his voice, and that he was very complimentary to what USuCk and Spurrier had accomplished at that date.

I think the major failure of the "fandom" as a whole at Clemson - especially at sites such as Shakin the Southland and oft times her on TigerNet as well - is the simple failure to recognize how well grounded our coach is, and the maturity and intelligence he brings to his interpersonal work. People who question this man's ability in those areas need to check themselves first to see what they haven't yet grasped.

Funny thing is, is that Dabo hasn't gone after USuCk this year after he won any more than he "went after" them then. Here he is simply responding to the slight that someone at USuCk chose to make public, and he responded with directness to the question at hand, facts to support his conclusion, and complimentary class where it had been earned.

Ask yourself if Spurrier did all these things when he "ranted" at Ron Morris...

Clemson yet knows how lucky we are.

A very well-put reply...

Dec 4, 2014, 7:37 PM

It's moments like in that video clip that made me realize that Dabo Swinney is among a very select group of head coaches in the country. A few coaches that are humble, honest, and confident enough to be a "Leader of Men". I think life experience is the major factor in molding a man to be able to possess such virtues. Art Briles is another example of a coach of similar ilk.

Swinney has made mistakes. He has in other circumstances (not this one), let emotion lead him to say or act in a way that some CU "fans" took issue with. I think he, like most men, with age has learned to temper his emotions when temperament is called for. He has admitted his mistakes, and worked hard to correct them. I admire that, even envy that to a degree, as I'm sure a lot of men & women do. But, I have more adoration that when convicted, he is unwavering and unapologetic about his enthusiasm and passion. As he was in this instance. And any supporter of CU football and the University should not feel embarrassment, nor take issue with it in a moment such as this. His remarks were not a sign of maturity or perceived lack of, rather a rare instance of a public figure displaying genuine passion and honesty. And that is to be lauded in this PC world we live in. A man much wiser than I once said "He who is afraid to offend cannot be an honest man."

Dec 4, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: TBT: Dabo Swinney fires back at Steve Spurrier ]

I also think he realizes that talk is cheap. When you do what Clemson did on Saturday, that speaks volumes to the directions of the two programs. South Carolina has not built anything. I can remember six years ago when Spurrier was on the hot seat because they were only able to have 7-win and 8-win seasons when he got there. Then they had a string of good recruitment classes and beat Georgia three years in a row and all the faithful was clammering about SEC titles and National Championships they were going to win.

This year was a rude awakening for South Carolina fans and an indictment on how much non-coaching goes on in Columbia. They can say we lost a ton of stars because of graduation or early enroll to the NFL (Who I might add only Clowney is "playing" on Sunday from this year's class) and that is why they lost. But the truth is no one was getting the players behind them ready. Case in point, all of Clemson's point production on offense was gone from last year and yet, Clemson put up 35 against them. And Clemson is actually reloading not rebuilding. When you are into that realm, you win National Championships. We are well on our way people. Get ready for it!!!!

"My kids grandkids won't live to see this become a rivalry"***

Dec 4, 2014, 9:49 AM

Dec 4, 2014, 10:23 AM

Dabo said " I was taught to win or lose with class " .
Spurrier does neither. Even when he said we were the better team and they got outcoached and outplayed you could see in his uncomfortable smirk that he didn't want to say that , and that he really didn't mean it. LOL at what the winning streak of the last 4 years or so has done to that fanbase . They truly believed that goober from Tennessee had " changed the culture " of their lowlife football program.
Somebody explain to them how history is important and cannot be ignored or eschewed , I have a headache.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 4, 2014, 10:27 AM

Yeah , and there is nothing to be said. Your defense rode them hard and put em' up wet ...and your offense beat the brakes off of em' darn near every time they had the ball. It was a no-doubter , three and outer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 4, 2014, 10:38 AM

Guys, we won the game this year. Tigernet doesn't need to dredge up 3 year old videos to stir the pot. Spurrier said that we are the better team. Let's leave it at that and continue to recruit high character, highly skilled student athletes that are "All In." I much prefer stories like the one about how our freshmen dedicated the game to the seniors. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's an effing classic! A school child should be....

Dec 4, 2014, 11:05 AM

...required to watch that. It shows that you can use class and facts to set the record straight.

TWEET THAT!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

### ###### I Love Dabo!!!!

Dec 4, 2014, 2:30 PM

If that don't get your blood flowing!! Then your already dead.

"PRINT THAT...TWEET THAT"

Dec 4, 2014, 2:39 PM

Words that will live in infamy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Dec 4, 2014, 3:36 PM

Can we just freaking let Spurrier go!
Time to focus on Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2014, 6:21 PM

I love it!!!! This gets me all pissed off again and wanting to kick their a$$es again next year!!!!

By the way COOTS..... Still flying my flags so suck it!!!!

Much respect for that man! Thanks for reposting that.***

Dec 4, 2014, 9:32 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I think he grew up since then. He does it on the field now.***

Dec 4, 2014, 10:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic