Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location

Jan 8, 2017, 10:58 AM

Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location

Jan 8, 2017, 11:05 AM

Just play it at the highest seeded teams stadium, then all the money stays in the conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idiots....let's let the ticket holders vote on the location***

Jan 8, 2017, 11:11 AM

Re: FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location

Jan 8, 2017, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location ]

Agree. Let the best team host the Championship. It guarantees attendance and protects the conference's best team and best hope at playoff. Given the extra 2 playoff games it would also help FSU and Clemson fans with travel and ticket expenses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2017, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location ]

And if wake or Duke are the top seed only 10,000 ppl will actually be able to attend lol. Not everyone has a stadium like us and FSU.

why don't we wait for that far fetched scenario to actually

Jan 8, 2017, 12:03 PM

happen ONCE before we worry about it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If duke or wake end up being the best team in the acc

Jan 9, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location ]

No1 will give a turd about the champ game anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 8, 2017, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swofford updates status of ACC Football Championship Game location ]

I hate to say it but, they're not that smart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One factor affecting attendance at ACC title game is ...

Jan 8, 2017, 11:15 AM

... the fact that lately, the winner potentially still has two much more attractive games to play and fans have to make some hard economic decisions about their travel budgets.

Driving to Charlotte for the title game is a reasonable thing for fans who are actually looking forward to the CFP finals, but hauling yourself hundreds of miles down to Florida prior to expensive trips out Phoenix and then maybe back to Florida again is a bit much to ask.

If the conference presidents insist on staying aboard their "political high-horse" regarding North Carolina, then Atlanta would be better than Florida.

Atlanta would be good but the SECCG is there the same day***

Jan 8, 2017, 11:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about a Sat/Sun Championship Weekend?***

Jan 8, 2017, 5:02 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about a Sat/Sun Championship Weekend?***

Jan 8, 2017, 5:34 PM

One LESS day to prepare the playoff game that follows ACCCG if game is on sundays

what he really means is

Jan 8, 2017, 11:21 AM

this is not a major concern
until the year the basketball title game is set to return to NC

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2017, 11:22 AM

Money talks. It will be in Charlotte next year. I think that's obvious.

Championships and offices

Jan 8, 2017, 11:22 AM

Why did they move all of the ACCCG's, but not their offices? HB2 must only affect games, players ad fans and not the uncheats cronies.

The whole thing is nonsense, like all liberal agendas...

Jan 8, 2017, 12:08 PM

and Swoffturd is a flaming piece of dung.

Lutz and move UNC, Duke, State,

Jan 8, 2017, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Championships and offices ]

and Wake's campuses

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bristol Motor Speedway***

Jan 8, 2017, 11:35 AM

Re: Bristol Motor Speedway***

Jan 8, 2017, 11:59 AM

Oh please play in Syracuse...then I can go :)

ANYWHERE BUT ORLANDO, PLEASE

Jan 8, 2017, 12:03 PM

I don't really care where the game is located (would much prefer Clemson or FSU - the biggest stadiums in the ACC, right?? equals more $$$), as long as it is never in Orlando again. I remember going to that place in the 90s for bowl games and it was a DUMP then. It is even more of a dump now. It is in the middle of a not-very-nice section of town. We bought a parking pass to tailgate in the closest lot to the stadium (great proximty, but that was all!). Now, granted, I thoroughly enjoyed the rap music cookout that was going on in the public park that was between the tailgating parking and the stadium and right next door to us which prevented us from hearing the broadcast of the SEC champ game that we were watching. The food from their cookout looked great (they were selling it) but the tailgating spot had 1 bathroom, which was shared with the rap music festival - the line was 30 minutes long!! and you had to literally walk through the fence that had been cut and rolled back by someone - and, then, a homeless guy was standing there at the hole holding the fence back for you, of course expecting a tip for holding it open. The stadium itself is dilapidated. The worst stadium I have been in since 1981 Orange Bowl in Miami. That stadium needs to be torn down and moved to a better part of Orlando if they want to continue playing football there. It is just nasty. So Swofford, Tampa or Jacksonville would be better places if you want to play the game in Florida!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ANYWHERE BUT ORLANDO, PLEASE

Jan 8, 2017, 5:38 PM

It is in a bad part of town, but yes, they did renovated it back in '14. We went down for the Russell Athletic Bowl vs Oklahoma. Great venue now...but you are correct it's in a run down area of greater Orlando.

http://www.campingworldstadium.com/about/reconstruction

I would prefer higher seeds home

Jan 8, 2017, 12:44 PM

field. Hate to mention it, but Columbia is only 60 miles below Charlotte. We have to go there anyway to collect our rent.

lol, coots would love that, ACCCG in their stadium***

Jan 8, 2017, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford is still a dumba$$***

Jan 8, 2017, 12:53 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jan 8, 2017, 1:50 PM

Cootlumbia already said no to my knowledge. It was mentioned when gutless swoffie said nc was out.

Only viable option is Jacksonville for fb championship and D.C. For bball when it goes back to nc...

Of course I say grow a pair and hold it in charlotte.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have it in ATL!!

Jan 8, 2017, 2:42 PM

Have the SEC Championship on Friday night, the ACC championship on Saturday night. Then, switch next year where the ACC is Friday night and SEC is Saturday night.

Or, have the SEC Championship in the GA Dome at 1pm, then the ACC Championship in the Mercedes Benz Dome at 8pm. Talk about a tailgating scene and conference rivalry building with that scenario....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, the ACC top brass is still unwilling to acknowledge

Jan 8, 2017, 2:48 PM

the difference between men and women, but is also still enforcing their cultural marxism on this sector of the college football fanbase. Woe to those that call evil good and good evil. The best we can say about them is that they are spineless lemmings swallowing the whims of the zeitgeist.

Isaiah 5:20***

Jan 8, 2017, 5:39 PM

If the game's not gonna return to Charlotte

Jan 8, 2017, 4:05 PM

They might as well make it home field of division winner w/ best record or highest ranking (if both division winners have same record).

Atlanta isn't gonna work as long as SECCG is there (unless they wanna play it @ GT's field, even then you're gonna get overshadowed in attention & attendance). Florida isn't going to work w/o FSU or Miami in it, especially if the ACC continues to have teams in the CFP. They try to go further north, attendance will be worse. Charlotte has proven to be best neutral site for ACC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's not cave into PC police. Play in Charlotte!!!

Jan 8, 2017, 4:25 PM

That is the best location for the ACC. The bathroom policy is NUTS. No one knows how to write a policy that will appease all sides.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2017, 5:10 PM

He sure as h&ll better move it some where a lot closer than Orlando Florida bc, I have made my last drive to Orlando for a game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a simple matter of morals or no morals.

Jan 8, 2017, 5:31 PM

There's not a "big" decision here. But with $$$ perceived to be in play, it's made to be a big decision.

I truly look forward to the day when those who pushed this agenda are "aghast" when someone steps up says says, "I really wanna marry mah dog! We're just made fer one 'nuther! What? Perverted? Whah, Ah was BORN this way!"

Feel free to fill in the "dog" space with child, brother, plant, mother. The legal groundwork is there, laid by the LBGTQMSNESPNVIPVWI.... did I miss anyone?

But, hey. Who am I? I'm simply someone with morals.

Cheers

Re: It's a simple matter of morals or no morals.

Jan 9, 2017, 1:53 PM

If you are willing to stone an adulterer then you can brag about morals. If the American people would stop electing adulterers to their legislatures maybe they would have a moral leg to stand on.
HB2 was not about morals it was about legalizing harassment of trans-sexual individuals. I assumed it was trying to drive them from the state of NC. I would not be able to stay in a state where I had no public restrooms I could use and using the outdoors is illegal.

I have morals, I have used a ladies restroom twice in my life, both time there were no women in it. I have been using the men's room when women came in and used the stalls because the ladies room was full and had a long line. I see no moral reason that should be against the law.
If a woman dressed as a man and in all appearances a man is forced by law to only use a women's restroom, it seems to me she might be assaulted by someone inside or outside the restroom. Someone born a man that has had all the sex changes made dressed as a woman might be putting themselves at risk of assault to enter a men's restroom. For me the law is immoral because it legalizes bigotry.

I have never heard of a case of a trans-sexual assaulting a child. In general pedophiles do not want to draw any attention to themselves. HB2 has nothing to do with morality nor protecting children.

Re: It's a simple matter of morals or no morals.

Jan 9, 2017, 2:02 PM

Wow, a voice of reason. Also, HB2 is about a lot more than bathrooms. It's so odd how people just ignore that fact.

If the ACC rep can attend the Belk Bowl and

Jan 8, 2017, 5:44 PM

all parties make it in/out of the restrooms okay, then surely when can do the same for the ACC Championship game. Just sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Orlando!

Jan 8, 2017, 6:47 PM

Yes, Charlotte is closer and it's a much easier trip (especially if your going for just the football game) but overall I prefer Orlando. MUCH more to do!
Wouldn't mind them looking into Jacksonville or Tampa though!

Jan 8, 2017, 9:26 PM

As long as people are not willing to stand for anything because they will not make sacrifices the PC Marxist liberals will continue to push the envelope. No one loves the Tigers more than me! But I want my children to have a decent country to live in more. You hear the Mickey Plyers of the world say "I don't care", but one day these activists will go after something you do care about. And it will be too late because no one would stand because their Starbucks or whatever meant too much to them. Thank God for giving us a chance to MAGA!!! The ACC needs to stop making political statements and stick to equality within their own rules.

Jan 9, 2017, 2:00 PM

For many years there were no NCAA championship games nor ACC championship games in SC because of the confederate battle flag on our capital or capital grounds. SC maintained the flag on the grounds until some bigot shot 9 good men and women in the AME church in Charleston.

I expect NC to maintain HB2 until the hate in the bill is unleashed against some innocent trans-sexual that just needed to use the restroom. The self righteousness of those who voted for it does not really lead to admitting they were wrong, especially since the bigotry runs deep in those who voted for them.

What would Trump say? Or better yet, what would those that

Jan 9, 2017, 2:44 AM

voted for Trump say?

What's your point?***

Jan 9, 2017, 6:56 AM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic