Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney updates injuries on his team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney updates injuries on his team

Nov 7, 2017, 11:26 AM

Swinney updates injuries on his team

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney spoke to the media during his weekly press conference on Tuesday and shared an injury update on some of his players. Marcus Edmond an Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney updates injuries on his team

Nov 7, 2017, 11:41 AM

I'm no webmd but these cornerbacks can't heal. Even hurt he's worse than our starting wr. They better get a standing ovation the moment they ever play a down again.

Nov 7, 2017, 12:22 PM

Just let me know when they are 80 to 85% healthy...we'll know then

Nov 7, 2017, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates injuries on his team ]

Dabo being coy. A second time. Let's just Wat to see plays. Then we'll know??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 11:42 AM

wow. just seems we will never get these guys back

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Dex????

Nov 7, 2017, 12:31 PM

N/m

What about Hyatt? What about Joseph? What about Dex?***

Nov 7, 2017, 12:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about them?***

Nov 7, 2017, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dex had to sit out for a bit due to being banged up.

Nov 7, 2017, 1:48 PM

It seems like he may not be 100% until the bowl game. Joseph got hurt and came out in the end.

How are their injuries?***

Nov 7, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to What about them?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they're injuries, so they probably hurt***

Nov 7, 2017, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 7, 2017, 12:39 PM

This has to stink for Marcus Edmond. Poor guy is basically loosing his last year of eligibility to a foot injury. I assume since he was already redshirted a year he can't get a medical redshirt for this nagging foot injury??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recall past instances where NCAA granted a sixth year.

Nov 7, 2017, 9:23 PM

If Edmonds doesn’t come back this year, any chance of that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The nepotism schollies to Trapp & Dawkins hurt the team bad.

Nov 7, 2017, 6:36 PM

Trapp & Dawkins didn't project as D1-caliber athletes and didn't have any D1 offers. They can't really even be put on the field as DBs against D1 opponents, and so now Dabo has to burn up one of our best WRs (Ray Ray) to play DB poorly-- but better than the nepotism "DBs" who have been burning up schollies for years. That lack of depth at DB contributed to the Syracuse loss and almost cost us another loss against NCSU, a shot at the Atlantic crown, the ACC crown, and the playoffs. Dabo does a lot of great things, but handing out nepotism scholarships to guys that have no business in D1 football is wrong and it hurts the team. There are tons of D1 athletes who would love to have a scholarship at Clemson rather than a schollie at some lesser D1 school. Such nepotism is completely against the philosophy that he preaches about meritocracy. Dabo got away with the nepotism schollies before the injury bug bit, but this is why Dabo shouldn't take such risks. I hope he learns from his mistake.

I’m not sure Dabo is working out for us. 6 soon to be 7

Nov 7, 2017, 8:39 PM

10 year plus wins in a row. Three years in a row in the hunt for playoffs, s national championship and a natty appearance. About to wrap up another Atlantic division. Yeah I think he needs your advice. Make sure you tmail him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think nepotism scholarships are a good thing? Yes or No.***

Nov 8, 2017, 12:00 AM

Re: You think nepotism scholarships are a good thing? Yes or No.***

Nov 8, 2017, 12:57 AM

I think you are either a troll or totally ignorant!
Or you take football far to seriously.
Making accuastaions about Dabo when he has Clemson in rarefied air that few programs has ever breathed is just plain stupid!!!
Long live Dabo!!!
I hope all of his boys playI hope every coach we have had a son or two that plays!!!!!

I figured nobody here would give an honest yes or no answer.

Nov 8, 2017, 3:27 PM

Obviously it hurts the team to give nepotism scholarships to undeserving non-D1-caliber athletes but apparently your love of Dabo prevents you from admitting that. It's possible to love someone and a laud their achievements but admit when they do something bad.

Checking the batteries in my meter...

Nov 7, 2017, 8:49 PM [ in reply to The nepotism schollies to Trapp & Dawkins hurt the team bad. ]

This is a joke, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The nepotism schollies to Trapp & Dawkins hurt the team bad.

Nov 7, 2017, 8:52 PM [ in reply to The nepotism schollies to Trapp & Dawkins hurt the team bad. ]

Yeah, 6 straight wins against the Wuffies.....a natty, 2 straight CFP playoff appearances and heading for a 3rd, another ACC title.

I don't personally agree with the 5-heart offers, but his results on the field say he can do whatever he wants.

Screw Calford.

Results on the field say Cuse & NCSU enjoyed our nepo DBs.

Nov 7, 2017, 11:58 PM

Dabo has done been successful in spite of nepotism scholarships, not because of them. The wasted nepotism schollies didn't hurt Clemson much before the injury bug bit because the nepo guys were buried on the depth chart, but THIS YEAR the nepo schollies probably contributed to a loss at Syracuse, and a nail-biter at NCSU. Finley abused Trapp and Ray Ray. They can't even put Dawkins on the field.

Dabo usually learns from his mistakes so I'm guessing we don't see many, if any, of these nepo schollies in the future.

You probably thought Renfrow was a wasted scholly***

Nov 8, 2017, 12:23 AM

No. Renfrow WALKED ON and EARNED a scholly. Ha!***

Nov 8, 2017, 3:09 PM

Our scout team is talented enough to beat Syracuse

Nov 8, 2017, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Results on the field say Cuse & NCSU enjoyed our nepo DBs. ]

The combination of a Friday night (joke scheduling), a crappy field (joke stadium), a brilliant coach (he'll get offers to get away from that joke school after this year), snowballing momentum, and panicked play calling got us beat.

We beat NCState - this was their one year to be good with all the experience they loose they go back to a 2-3 conference loss per year team.

Building that sense of continuity and tying the past together with the present makes us a quality program not just a one year flashy team.

Yeah "Dabo has done been successful" and he'll keep on being successful by creating a long term leagacy.

How do nepotism scholarships help the team or build legacy?

Nov 8, 2017, 3:21 PM

They are opposite of the meritocracy philosophy that Dabo preaches. Wouldn't such nepotism scholarships be more likely create bad feelings among some players (especially walk-ons) who are more deserving of scholarships?

The scary lack of depth at DB, is due in part, to nepotism scholarships given to guys who the coaches can't even put on the field as serviceable depth at DB, right? Don't you think there are players and coaches on the team who see that and hate the nepotism? Or do you think they love seeing nepotism?

Dabo has done a lot of great things. This is obviously a bad thing that hurts the team.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic