Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt

Nov 29, 2015, 4:52 PM

Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Mark Richt is unemployed more than 1 week,

Nov 29, 2015, 5:04 PM

It will be by his choice. Those teams looking for a coach could do a lot worse. Hope he doesn't go to USuC. Those classless turds don't deserve him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: If Mark Richt is unemployed more than 1 week,

Nov 29, 2015, 5:40 PM

To say that USuC is the most prestigious and high brow opening in NCAA football is like saying Moe is the most prestigious and high brow Stooge. I seriously doubt Richt will give them a second thought...if he does need to look at Bell, Spanky, Holtz and Ball Sack

Nov 30, 2015, 1:38 AM

But you know, that is probably the job he would want bc usuc faces UGA every year, and I'm sure Mark sees that as a place he can get him some get back toward UGA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami should just pay him whatever he wants***

Nov 29, 2015, 5:52 PM [ in reply to If Mark Richt is unemployed more than 1 week, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 6:42 PM [ in reply to If Mark Richt is unemployed more than 1 week, ]

agree. it would be funny if usuc offered job and he turned it down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was his buy-out and what were the terms?

Nov 29, 2015, 10:30 PM [ in reply to If Mark Richt is unemployed more than 1 week, ]

He could be getting some serious Tommy Bowden money to be sitting around not coaching for the next couple years. A lot of those buy-outs are written to be forfeit if the fired coach gets another coaching job...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Re: What was his buy-out and what were the terms?

Nov 30, 2015, 1:39 AM

I read that his buy out was 4. something mil with the new contract of last January.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA has no idea

Nov 29, 2015, 5:06 PM

As a Clemson alumni and fan, I have always respected the way Mark Richt coached, supported his players and staff and represented UGA in a professional manner. The money controls this decision and it may just backfire in their faces.

Re: UGA has no idea

Nov 29, 2015, 6:10 PM

UGA should have learned from us on the monetary ramifications to the university as a whole on the firing (forced resignation) of a winning coach and a fan favorite. It took us years to recover after Danny left.

I will gladly hope it backfires on them and they suck

Nov 29, 2015, 10:51 PM

#### for a decade

null

Re: FB Update: Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt

Nov 29, 2015, 5:06 PM

I know UGA has said that he will be reassigned to other nonfootball duties but that sounds an awful lot like "you can pick anything from the bottom shelf". He is a Miami graduate. May not be a bad fit. As much as I dislike their incredibly lowbrow fan base, I have always respected Richt. I wish him success in what ever he chooses.

Nov 29, 2015, 5:07 PM

Georgia is crazy! Think he is one of the best in the business. However, when he tried to run it up on us a few years ago, lost some respect for him. Hey.. Slurrier is available! Good luck finding someone better than him. As long as we have Dabo.. LOOK OUT! GO #1 TIGERS!!!!

Nov 30, 2015, 7:13 AM

Will never understand how people get offended by another team beating us.

That's embarrassing to me to ask the opponent to take it easy because we aren't good enough to compete.

Nov 29, 2015, 5:19 PM

Reminds a little of when Tennessee fired Fulmer . How did that work out for them ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fulmer 14 out of 16 of the years he coached has been

Nov 29, 2015, 5:42 PM

better than the next 6 years after him. This year will match the next two lowest Fulmer years so still he had 12 out of 16 years with a better record than the best of the next 7 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of people getting fired who shouldn't be

Nov 29, 2015, 5:22 PM

8-9 wins used to be job security.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 5:22 PM

This is crazy........they are crazy..........hope UGA gets what it deserves.............and has to pay him a bunch of bucks. He deserves it

the talent uga brings in..

Nov 29, 2015, 5:26 PM

yet the past few years they continued to choke in a weak division dont bame the fans for wanting him out..mark did so little with more was his mo..he was just like tommy bowden classy and a good guy but not a great coach imo

Re: the talent uga brings in..

Nov 29, 2015, 5:32 PM

He didn't run the score up. He ran the ball and we couldn't stop them

Also, he's a good coach with bad personnel. He needs a QB and his backs always get hurt

Nov 29, 2015, 6:22 PM

What I have been told by a coach on the staff at Georgia and it was pretty much what I had seen my self is. They have not developed talent in ten years. They took emphasis off it and just attempted to bring in guys ready. We all, if we're honest with ourselves have seen that. 4 star players disappeared in that program. Richt is a great coach and a better man. A great Christian man and I have a huge amount of respect for him. But just like all of us. In my job. If I don't preform to my bosses expectations , there's a hundred guys dreaming of having my job. Its the world we live in. Its America. We are taught at an early age to be the best and expect it from others. To many openings for him to be unemployed long. And he'll go where god leads him and be happier for it. I see Kirby smart at Georgia. Richt at Memphis. But he's probably making millions for the next couple years. So not like us and just be without money and a way to support your family. He could just retire and enjoy life with a lot of money.
GO TIGERS!!!,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 7:21 PM [ in reply to the talent uga brings in.. ]

Ultimately the Dawgs had not won the SEC Championship in a decade . There is no reason to suspect anything other than this for thereason he was excused . It is dog eat dog in CFB today , so you better get those rings or pack your bags .
Unfortunate ? Yes , good guy and a winner . Surprised ? Not I . It is just the way things are today ...do it now , press it now , gimme gimme gimme .
If Saban went 8-5 over the next two seasons Alabamites would be burning him in effigy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 29, 2015, 5:35 PM

What Dabo wanted to say....

"Hot dang! The State of GA is ripe for the picking"

Recruiting goldmine awaits!

Go Tigers!!

You know, he's pretty smart to call them out.

Nov 29, 2015, 5:57 PM

Recruits will have that seed of doubt firmly planted about the stability of that program. Their nearest chief competitor for talent is gonna clean up!

WL

Dec 2, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt ]

Excellent point!!!!! Florida AND Georgia. Very nice.

Richt is way too classy for that redneck bunch***

Nov 29, 2015, 5:43 PM

Nov 29, 2015, 6:03 PM

As an alumnus of Clemson, UGA & USC (in that order), I usually go 3-0 in football past years. Was great. I've watched them all closely for decades. I was glad to see the Ole Ball Sack go! But Mark Richt!? Are they nuts?! Must be! Go Tigers! Beat the tarHoles !!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 6:09 PM

We need to save all these posts and pull them back out when Dabo has a 9 win season and some of our demanding fans go after him.

Nov 29, 2015, 7:39 PM

I agree. I hope our fans are better than that, but you never know. I hope Dabo coaches here for as long as HE wants. He's the kind of coach that can leave a legacy, you might have a bad stretch every now and again, but he will ultimately have a successful program.

Wish we had a spot on our staff for him.

Nov 29, 2015, 6:27 PM

Any potential position coaches that may leave?

I am sure Richt can name almost any school he could go to as head coach, but sure would like him with us for a couple of years to get deeper ties in the state of Ga. Bet he could flip a couple of current commits to us.

Re: Wish we had a spot on our staff for him.

Dec 1, 2015, 1:28 AM

He maybe will do that after he reads all the good things that Dabo has said for and about him. And how angry seems to be over his firing.

This is a two way street though

Nov 29, 2015, 6:51 PM

How many times do HC's leave for greener pastures? There is little loyalty on either side of things these days. Dabo has shown to be loyal, but will he show that same amount of loyalty to Clemson if Bama comes calling? I would think he would, but the point is to illustrate that coaches leave all the time for different reasons.

Re: This is a two way street though

Nov 29, 2015, 8:37 PM

People keep saying Bama, Bama, Bama, and we'll never know until Saban moves but why on earth would he want that gig?

He has built a juggernaut at Clemson, best it's been in a generation, maybe ever and built to keep getting better.

Why would he want to go chase the ghost of Bear Bryant? You're never going to be able to top him and they'll chase you out in a heartbeat. I'm all for a challenge but that's the most thankless job in America.

He'd be crazy to go.

Re: This is a two way street though

Dec 1, 2015, 1:31 AM

Just wasted words bc Dabo's only tracks in Bama will be to visit family, then he will be east bound back to Clemson town!!!

Nov 29, 2015, 7:29 PM

just to play devil's advocate-I agree he is a classy coach--but with all of his top 5 recruiting classes, he should have won a few more championships lately.

Nov 29, 2015, 10:27 PM

He really has no excuse. Plenty of cash to buy whatever they needed, top recruiting classes every year, great facilities, rabid (even though as pretty trashy fanfase) and the schools' academic reputaation has come way up with the advent of the Hope Scholarship which keeps the smart kids in state. He has under-performed based on the assets he has had at his disposal and also being on the weak side of the conference for the last many, many years. I wish they had kept him. I doubt they get anybody better for a while.

Dec 1, 2015, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt ]

A HC is and will always be, only as good as their assistant coaches, period!!!

I love beating UGA, but this simply s*u*c*k*s....

Nov 29, 2015, 7:43 PM

and you ### well would never hear me say that about any USuCk or UNCheat coach.

Richt earned respect while he was there, and has really been undone by injuries the last couple of years.

Unlike Spurrier, we'll see this cat coaching against again, as as always, it won't be easy.

Nov 29, 2015, 8:52 PM

Who does UGA think they are-Clemson?

Nov 29, 2015, 10:48 PM

I don't really get why everyone is acting like Georgia is stupid for firing him. Based on recruiting they are usually in the top 2-3 in terms of talent inside of the SEC, and they play in terrible SEC East, and yet they haven't won the SEC since 2005, and only have 2 SEC East titles in the last 8 years. In fact, this is now the 4th time in the last 7 years that Georgia has finished the season unranked, and they have 3 seasons of 5 or more losses during that time with 4 out of the last 7 years being 4 or more losses. These are again, results from a team with top 5 talent in the country playing in the terrible SEC East, and up until this year Georgia usually has a somewhat weak SEC West schedule. I honestly can't tell you the last time I watched Georgia play and came away thinking that they had just outcoached the opposing team. He constantly got owned by Florida, and really their success went about as far as being able to beat teams they were able to defeat on pure talent. To further show that point, Richt was only 14-22 vs. top 25 teams since 2007, which again is coming from a team that recruits near the top in the country every single year.

Nov 30, 2015, 6:19 AM

I agree. If he was at Clemson we all be cheering that they finally let him go . I have always said that mark richt was Georgia's tommy Bowden. He did a lot for that university much like tommy did us. But he had done all he could do there. They would never see a national championship with richt at the helm. Richt is and will be well taking care of. Not like he's broke. It was time for a change there.
GO TIGERS!!!

Nov 30, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt ]

Very well done! MR has doen less with more, more often, than any other coach I know. I sure was hoping they'd keep him, though. I could see him seeming less and less interested in getting to the top. It will be interesting to see who they get.

I doubt Coach Mark will take another job at a place that...

Nov 29, 2015, 11:16 PM

wants to win at all cost. Just how much money does a guy need to be happy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Richt = Class

Nov 30, 2015, 6:10 AM

nm

Mark Richt's deal

Nov 30, 2015, 6:50 AM

4.1 million to be fired. Don't waste your time feeling sorry for him. I was fired once. I didn't even get my vacation pay. I think 4.1 million would have helped me for the rest of my life. Richt will be fine.
GO TIGERS!!!!

Nov 30, 2015, 7:02 AM

Richt is a great coach, but he is UGA's version of Tommy Bowden. He led them to some great victories but could never quite get them to the top of the mountain. I'm not surprised to see them can him though I'm not sure it was smart of them.

He'll land on his feet somewhere. Hopefully not SCar. I like whoever suggested he go to Miami, although he doesn't seem like a fit there.

Nov 30, 2015, 11:11 AM

It really don't matter how much you love a HC, bc if they don't have the right people/assistance in place, over the hump won't come.

Chemistry Teacher Here.....

Nov 30, 2015, 9:30 AM

I don't feel sorry for anyone making a seven figure salary! He made more in one year than I'll make in 15+

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are making 3.3 million in 15 years you

Dec 1, 2015, 5:44 AM

are doing pretty good. I might have made that much in the last 30 years...

Nov 30, 2015, 9:32 AM

Program suicide. Top 5 recruiting classes, buhbye.

Nov 30, 2015, 11:24 PM

Tell it like it is, Dabo. I am a transplant from Georgia, and I think it stinks that the head coach for UGA was fired, sure they had a rough season, but it could have been what he had to work with, if the talent isn't there, you will not have a winning season. You got lucky, Dobo, you have the best team in the country. RAWRRR GO TIGERS

Dec 2, 2015, 3:50 PM

"but it could have been what he had to work with, if the talent isn't there, you will not have a winning season."

Talent at UGA? Year in and Year out they recruit with the best of the best in the nation.

Talent hasn't been issue.

I like Richt as a man and I think he's a very good coach, but he does have CTB qualities about him and IMO has continually done less with more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic