Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Lakip's future with team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Lakip's future with team

Jul 15, 2015, 10:27 AM

Swinney on Lakip's future with team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Lakip's future with team

Jul 15, 2015, 10:36 AM

We all have made stupid mistakes but this kid really messed up. Hope he finds his way back on the team.

Jul 15, 2015, 11:02 AM

oh please, a little bit of the florida snow never hurt anyone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2015, 1:43 PM

https://youtu.be/bjD4PHojNBU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had the Colombian Flu, nothing to see here...

Jul 15, 2015, 3:20 PM

Run along... :)

interestingly, neither was acting!

Jul 17, 2015, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Lakip's future with team ]

Jul 15, 2015, 11:27 AM

Missing the first two games should be sufficient!

Like that - suspend him for first two game - enuff already!***

Jul 15, 2015, 8:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give him a game and move on.

Jul 15, 2015, 11:35 AM

I guess drug offenses just to me pail in comparison to violent assaults, rape, or theft. There is no reason for the guy's career to be done.

Re: Give him a game and move on.

Jul 15, 2015, 11:48 AM

Its not about a drug offence, its about the other 84 kids... its called accountability and sadly most of these kids dont have it until they Fortunately get a coach like ours. Jimbo would have tried his best not to have to punish the kid and after school the drugs come back. I hope this kid can overcome his sort of fun and realize Dabo might be saving him heartache or worse later in life.

One game and what the legal system will

Jul 15, 2015, 11:53 AM

do with him or not do is punishment. I see no reason why the guy's career should end at Clemson. I think Dabo feels the same.

Re: One game and what the legal system will

Jul 15, 2015, 12:04 PM

They say once you try crack there's no going back!

Re: One game and what the legal system will

Jul 15, 2015, 1:50 PM

Fortunately for him it was only powder :D

Assuming he does everything else he's supposed to do....

Jul 15, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Give him a game and move on. ]

and he does get invited back to the team, he will serve, at minimum, a three to four game suspension IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yep, Sammy got a two-game suspension, so I agree that AL

Jul 15, 2015, 12:50 PM

will get 3-4 games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Yep, Sammy got a two-game suspension, so I agree that AL

Jul 15, 2015, 1:54 PM

That's unfortunate. If the law views Lakip's offenses to be similar/equal to that of what Sammy did, why should he have twice the suspension (or more) of Sammy? Dabo confirmed this is the first problem they've had with him and he's been doing well in terms of getting back on track...so why should he get double the suspension of a star?

Well there was the cocaine possession along with

Jul 15, 2015, 2:07 PM

suspected DUI, although he refused to take a breathalyzer test.

So in the eyes of the law, I guess marijuana possession = cocaine possession but there's the DUI thing also. Which they would have to prove?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well there was the cocaine possession along with

Jul 15, 2015, 2:20 PM

Sammy was also caught with pills...if I remember correctly, the pills & blow were both Schedule I drugs. Maybe I'm wrong...however in the grand scheme of it, I don't believe these offenses are all that different.

I forgot about the Adderall possession...

Jul 15, 2015, 2:28 PM

although in my eyes a DUI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> simple possession of most any kind of drug.

sammy was driving, hit the curb in the parking lot or some

Jul 15, 2015, 2:31 PM

such nonsense...

the whole situation was no bueno.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sammy was driving, hit the curb in the parking lot or some

Jul 15, 2015, 3:37 PM

I think Sammy was in the passenger seat.

Jul 15, 2015, 3:39 PM

The men were arrested when police stopped the car Watkins was driving after an officer saw it scrape against a curb on campus and because the temporary license tag was not illuminated.

maybe, but the report doesn't agree.

Jul 15, 2015, 4:28 PM

Oh whoops, my bad!

Jul 15, 2015, 4:48 PM

haha, i wasn't there either i just never forget what i read; the fun begins when i find the conflicting reports. you know, like davidhood's ray-ray saga vs tci's ray-ray saga. that's when the magic happens...

;)

Re: I forgot about the Adderall possession...

Jul 15, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I forgot about the Adderall possession... ]

That's fair.

Re: I forgot about the Adderall possession...

Jul 15, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to I forgot about the Adderall possession... ]

Since we're spitting hairs over the what's worse between cocaine and hash, the DUI charge is actually a "refusal for a DUI test," which is very different than a DUI.

There's a lot of thought / education / propoganda however you want to say it that says a DUI check is an unlawful search, which is why you have to consent to it. If you do not consent, it's an automatic 6 month suspension of license (which btw, doesn't include the popular moped at Clemson). Some would say that if yu even think you MIGHT fail the field test to refuse, get the license suspension, and move on with life without ever getting an actual DUI.

>>>The more you know<<<<

Jul 15, 2015, 12:59 PM

Sorry, ridiculous - if he actually had cocaine he's out. Go ahead and flame away but this is another level of offense.

The guy takes a credit card number and commits fraud and gets thrown off, but we somehow classify an individual that gets picked up that stuff fine to come back?

Doesn't add up.

No flaming but just trying to figure out

Jul 15, 2015, 1:14 PM

how you equate stealing money from people with snorting a substance to liven up the night. I tend to forget how liberal I am on drugs, drug laws, and the farce that is the War on Drugs compared to most.

Re: No flaming but just trying to figure out

Jul 15, 2015, 1:27 PM

Short of him stealing the cocaine, it's a victimless crime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No flaming but just trying to figure out

Jul 15, 2015, 1:39 PM

Possibly he felt he was a few pounds overweight and wanted to try the Jenny crack diet plan!

Unless he gets behind the wheel of a car ...***

Jul 15, 2015, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: No flaming but just trying to figure out ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

i agree... A victimless crime, first offense=2 games max***

Jul 15, 2015, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: No flaming but just trying to figure out ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just liberal on drugs -- naive about effects

Jul 15, 2015, 8:04 PM [ in reply to No flaming but just trying to figure out ]

signed,
drug abuse counselor

freedon to make personal decisions/choices is a right

Jul 15, 2015, 9:58 PM

If/when folks make self destructive choices, it is not society's role to make the determination for them.

I hear you, but freedom means freedom. Until they endanger others or infringe on other's freedom it really is not anybody else's business.

There is that word again.....naive.

Jul 15, 2015, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Not just liberal on drugs -- naive about effects ]

Trust me when I say I could more than hold my own having a real and honest discussion with you about drugs and its effects. Can you?

I can!***

Jul 15, 2015, 10:07 PM

Re: Not just liberal on drugs -- naive about effects

Jul 15, 2015, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Not just liberal on drugs -- naive about effects ]

The legality of substances shouldn't be dictated by their potential harm any more than the legality of firearms should be dictated by their potential harm. I think the question is, should people have the personal freedom to be able to make those kinds of choices?

Why does the government feel the need to protect people from themselves? It seems there's not a politician in any red state with the balls to tell the SD's to put their militarized, obscenely expensive "War on Drugs" campaigns to rest. And why would they? It would almost invariably be to the chagrin of the same folks who complain about their "marriage rights", or who look at you funny when you say "America doesn't have a national language."

I mean, people make jokes about the DMV. But "the War on Drugs" is proof positive that the government sucks at pretty much everything it does. And in this case, it can in fact make a problem it's purportedly targeting much worse.

Classic Reagan.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

DITTO!!!!!!***

Jul 15, 2015, 10:36 PM

I would expand this to include the left's

Jul 15, 2015, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Not just liberal on drugs -- naive about effects ]

Need to curb folks from choosing to not to hire folks or service folks whose lifestyle they disagree with. If you want to just say "no thank you" as a small biz owner due to your religious beliefs, why can that business be sued out to f existence? Whatever happened to our right to exercise our religious beliefs?

Jul 15, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Lakip's future with team ]

If that's how you feel about Lakip, I assume you wanted Sammy kicked off the team for his offenses, as well...right?

Lakip's first offense

Jul 15, 2015, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Lakip's future with team ]

Ebo's issue was his 3rd offense.

Oops I'm wrong about Ogundeko

Jul 15, 2015, 3:13 PM

I was confusing him with Battle.

The only reason I can think of for Ebo's immediate dismissal is if the financial transaction card theft charge was over the threshold to be considered a felony, but I've never seen if that was the case or not.

Athletes and Double Standards

Jul 15, 2015, 2:56 PM

Not trying to start anything....oh yes I really am I guess lol. If it was you or me and we were busted with drugs or failed a drug test at work we would be fired, but in this day and age athletes
get more than one strike, sometimes many, before they are kicked out of their chosen sport. What say you? Acceptable or not and why?

Cocaine possession wouldn't get you kicked out of Clemson

Jul 15, 2015, 2:57 PM

Might get you suspended for a semester, but first offense simple possession wouldn't result in expulsion.

testing positive for drugs doesn't get you fired from

Jul 15, 2015, 3:28 PM

all jobs--- many would allow for reassignment(if you operated equip that endangered you or someone else) or you may be required to enter a EAP substance abuse type program on 1st offense.

Jul 15, 2015, 3:00 PM

2 games is very appropriate

Jul 15, 2015, 8:55 PM

Here's how it works:
5* recruit - slap on wrist and misses 1-2 practice sessions, school lawyers and PD defend him
4* recruit - 2-game suspension
3* recruit - kicked off team
2* recruit - kicked off team, kicked out of school, never heard of again

Oh wait - this isn't the FSU or USUC board.

Jul 15, 2015, 9:43 PM

Good luck to you partner. Hope things work out for you, because my second chances seemed to have helped.

Jul 15, 2015, 11:20 PM

I completely trust Dabo when it comes to judging issues of character, personal responsibility and recognizing a players willingness to change.

There are 2 types of people in this world. The ones that did stupid stuff and didn't get caught and the ones who did. I agree with those who say that a first time offense involving alcohol, weed or amphetamine (adderall or cocaine) in college is not the same as one who commits theft, rape or some other violent act.

If he recognizes and takes responsibility for what he has done, takes steps to make it right, then there is no reason to take away the guys entire season....sometimes it takes a situation like this to wake someone up to the realities of how quickly things can be taken from you and some guys truly change their lives because of it

Jul 20, 2015, 1:44 PM

I assume they will be adding another kicker in HS class of 2016. Any idea who they are looking other than Alex Barbir?

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic