Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now

Nov 19, 2014, 11:17 AM

Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then friggin' do something about it...

Nov 19, 2014, 11:20 AM

The struggles with the running game didn't just mysteriously surface this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

ed zachary

Nov 19, 2014, 11:24 AM

where's it been for 3 years

if not for TB averaging 2.5, we may never have converted a 3rd and short

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: ed zachary

Nov 20, 2014, 10:04 PM

How soon do we forget, 2011 Andre Ellington RB, had 1,178 yards (eighth-most in school history) on 223 carries... 2012 Andre Ellington, First-Team All-ACC with 1,081 yards on 212 carries... 2013 Hot Rod/Roderick McDowell, Third-Team All-ACC, had 1,025 yards on 189 carries. Before 2011 was CJ Spiller and James Davis, and for some reason everybody remember the 1, 2 heavy hitters in Thunder and Lightning. So I would say up until this season, we have had some pretty good RB's even without a great OL. There is no doubt in my mind that our biggest loss from last year was one of the better players we had that didn't get a NFL contract, Tajh Boyd. And I think that every Clemson fan in the nation will agree 100% that Tajh Boyd was one very tough hard as nails QB as we've had IMO since Woodrow Danzler... But we have had good RB's counting Tajh in that until this year....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it!***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Then friggin' do something about it... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Then friggin' do something about it...

Nov 19, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Then friggin' do something about it... ]

Nope the running game is on the bench with ACL, Back and Achilles injuries.

Holes are not going to magically appear

Nov 19, 2014, 2:54 PM

I know we have better backs that are not playing but a well below average OL is also a big blame, and the fact that we have a QB that is not illusive and runs a 6 sec flat 40 doesn't help bc no one is going to respect him running like they would with Watson, it all starts up front though...IMO we have had some great back come through here that have made the OL look better than they were, I think we have been below average at the position going on 6 to 7 years now at least.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Then friggin' do something about it... ]

Well dang Dabo, glad you mentioned the coaching. The results we've experienced this year pretty well mirror the crap coaching and game time decision making you and Chad have put us thru. The 'family' concept is fine, as long as it works. I have the distinct impression that the players believe in it a lot less than you. Hope that you realize that much of the extreme bitc*ing & criticism directed at Cole
is also meant for you and the other coaches for being so narrow minded in your approach to this season. I am a 50 year Tiger fan and Iptay man and sincerely hope that you and Chad can pull your heads out of your rearends. Wake up coaches! Our team has seriously under-performed this year and much of it is your fault.

Going with Cole for anything at this juncture is a waste of present and future. What is it with Cole that you see that no one else can?

Nov 20, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Then friggin' do something about it... ]

What running game?

Nov 22, 2014, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Then friggin' do something about it... ]

Coach is pretending that he can't see the forest because of the trees.

Re: FB Update: Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now

Nov 19, 2014, 11:23 AM

*"Except for Cole Stoudt. That glorious man is everything right with football. He's just a winner, both on and off the field. And his hair - my God, those flowing locks. His boyish good looks, his charming personality and just the way he gets this twinkle in his eye when he tells me he loves me every evening. If I had a daughter, he's who I'd want her to marry. And my sons - if they did go gay, as long as it's to date Cole, then I'm okay with that. H3ll, Kathleen and I... We've talked, and if I ever decide to switch teams, I told her who's closet to look in. That boy and I could get into so much trouble. I see us just sharing a drink out of a coconut on some secluded beach, his glistening body... I mean... I uhh - So, what I'm saying is Cole Stoudt is off limits folks. But the rest of the offense - they just plain stink."

Nov 19, 2014, 11:26 AM

100%.

If I could give you more than 1 TU I would....***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 19, 2014, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now ]

stupid post of the day

Sounds like your subliminal desires are surfacing....***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney not happy with "anything offensively" right now***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Neither am I, and I pay to watch it.***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:27 AM

Really like how dabo blames himself and not the players

Nov 19, 2014, 12:22 PM

I know most on here like to flame dabo and Morris on our problems offensively.but at some point the players aka oline need to take ownership and start doing what needs to be done to move the ball. I think the oline and bad QB play has been the issue this season, not the coaches

Re: Really like how dabo blames himself and not the players

Nov 19, 2014, 12:25 PM

Right on you said a mouth full.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Really like how dabo blames himself and not the players ]

My thoughts, exactly!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 5:51 PM

you mean you want a Spurrier type as head coach

Nov 20, 2014, 10:37 AM

That's a nice stretch. Ever think of politics?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Really like how dabo blames himself and not the players ]

I'd like for the coaches to stop "accepting responsibility" for problems and come up with some solutions...that's what they get paid for.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Really like how dabo blames himself and not the players ]

It's the coaches job to motivate the players. Really poor job of it this year.

Nov 19, 2014, 1:23 PM

The offensive line has everything to do with it. It's clear that we've focused our recruiting efforts on the play makers, but if no one is blocking, those playmakers can only do so much. CJ Spiller and Andre Ellington made up for a lot of sins by the O-Line. I think we have some backs that will be close to developing into that caliber, but that line has to block to move the ball and it especially has to block to give Stoudt 10 minutes to figure out where he wants to throw the ball. Regardless, our backs are good enough to run the ball very effectively - just need some blocks. What a disappointing season - if our Defense had not been as good as they've been - Clemson would only have 4-5 wins probably which is a ridiculous thought with the talent we have. Only thing that can salvage the sour taste among our fan base is to take care of SCAR.

Well if he had an OL that could block, things would be a

Nov 19, 2014, 1:24 PM

little different wouldn't they?

Re: Well if he had an OL that could block, things would be a

Nov 19, 2014, 1:43 PM

I think our problem is that some of our starting and reserve O line players are just 2 to 3 star guys who have reached their plateau. We have 4 and 5 star guys like Spencer Region on the bench while we must watch Reid Webster let guys go by so he can help Double team a 220 pound DE.

Nov 19, 2014, 3:26 PM

Things will take time to play out(wish it were quick)but Morris isn't the answer for Clemsons expectations.

Nov 19, 2014, 3:29 PM

right Cocklover. my pizza best be here in 30 or less. got it?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 19, 2014, 4:27 PM

It's the same every year Dabo, it's just more obvious this year because you don't have the skill players to cover it up.

Recruiting Olinemen should be a top priority EVERY year, not just once every 3-4 years. Recruit 4, no less than 3 guys EVERY year, even if it means missing out on a skill player.

The past two years of signing only two guys is killing us right now. If we had signed two more in the 2013 cycle we would be fine right now.

He's got it right. The offense is on the coaches.***

Nov 19, 2014, 5:34 PM

Nov 20, 2014, 12:34 PM

thanks dabo, just to confirm, no one else is either except our competition.

No offense to Dabo, but if he

Nov 20, 2014, 10:06 PM

isn't an alum, he's not allowed to make observations about his football team...Sorry, thems the rules

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic