Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade

Jan 17, 2017, 5:25 PM

Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade

Jan 17, 2017, 5:31 PM

I thought he tore his acl in practice before the coot game?

Jan 18, 2017, 5:21 AM

He hurt his knee in GaT game... and left the game, that might have not been a complete tear but it was torn by the USC game.

Jan 17, 2017, 5:32 PM

Tell 'em Dabo!

I thought he tore his acl in practice before the coot game?

Keep in mind that these are the same NFL scouts that thought Logan Thomas, Tim Tebow, Brock Osweiller, Jay Cutler, Jake Locker, Matt
Leinhardt, and Jared Goff would be amazing NFL quarterbacks and Tom Brady is a sixth round draft pick. They are always wrong!

Jan 17, 2017, 6:21 PM

You are absolutely right bc, them sumbitches have been riding their gravy train way to long and not knowing jack chit about skill. When will NFL owner get sick and tire of paying these scouts and managers all the money that pay them for amateur results. There are way more college scout out their doing a better job noticing talent and top skill players. If they done their job as pisss poor as those NFL scouts do, they would be looking for another line of employment bc college is lucky to keep a player pass 3 years, and college coaches don't have time to wait on the next hit or miss with recruits. College scout have to get it right 95% of the time, and not 47%!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Claussen.............***

Jan 17, 2017, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

Jan 17, 2017, 5:46 PM

CS needs to work on his delivery

Jan 17, 2017, 5:58 PM

He presumably tore his ACL on the 12th play in the first quarter of the 2014 GT game. Re-tweaked it the week of USuC.
The scouts can measure a lot of things, but they really only measure those objective things: height, weight, strength, speed, etc.... There is not a measure of one's "It Factor". DW4 has got IT and we have all been witnesses of it. The most incredibly consistent and poised player I've ever seen. The greatest Clemson FB player EVER. Dabo is 100% on! Any team in need of a QB and passing on him is very, very stupid.....

Yep...+1.***

Jan 17, 2017, 7:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 5:51 PM

Seems like the Dabs is getting even more outspoken. I love Watson but maybe scouts think he is missing a tool that makes him a top pick

so you'd rather he tote the company line when he knows its

Jan 17, 2017, 6:02 PM

hogwash? Why would you want that? As a player you wouldn't want that. You'd want a guy that is going to have your back. If coach Swinney was a follower he wouldn't have inspired so many double digit win seasons and championships that he's put together. Positive reinforcement and instilling a belief of over-achievement is what he's created and thrived with at Clemson. If he does what you're saying he should do then we should just believe people like Colin Cowherd when he says we're a fraud.

I applaud Dabo when he hears something stupid and ridiculous and speaks up about it. Yeah it gets him into trouble sometimes but he's obviously a man of convictions. Being silent is perpetrating the lie. And that would kill DW4 if Coach just passed by that without speaking up.

I don't think it's going to get him in trouble. I just hope

Jan 17, 2017, 7:20 PM

it doesn't get him a NFL coaching offer, though I don't think he'd be a good fit....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it's going to get him in trouble. I just hope

Jan 18, 2017, 10:39 AM

HECK NO, he would be a horrible fit for those soulless Aholes in the NFL. CDS is ALL about emotion and getting more out of a player than even the player himself knew he could give. That type of coaching would go nowhere with those overpaid mercenaries in the NFL. It's exactly the reason that most of us on Tnet are true college football fans and at best tolerate the NFL.

Re: I don't think it's going to get him in trouble. I just hope

Jan 18, 2017, 12:32 PM

I don't think that Dabo would be a good NFL coach either. Dabo has perfect circumstances at Clemson to win. He has full backing from the admin from top to bottom. They gave Dabo the key and told him as long as he could drive the bus to the top, the bus key was his. No NFL owner is going to do that!!! Yes Dabo is winning bc he is a smart man, but being smart isn't enough if someone is taking the tools he needs away bc they want a bigger profit, or just getting to playoffs is satisfying to them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

And maybe they are missing out on the tools that DW4 do have that they don't recognize bc they haven't seen it before. Lets not forget that everybody don't do things the same, and he is one of the best with the way he does it!!!

Re: FB Update: You make a good point..

Jan 17, 2017, 11:31 PM

You make a very good point.
When you said that, I was reminded of my son, who was in
Marine aviation mechanic's school.
He completed a fuselage project that was so good, that he received
3 perfect scores from the team of 5 judges. They couldn't
remember the last time they had given any perfect scores.
They asked him (my son), to explain the method he used to
complete the project. So he explained it to them,
and they all stated, "they had never seen anyone do it in
that manner before." They were all amazed.

Guess what? My son told me that he used a technique that Grandad
(my wife's Dad), had shown him in woodworking, a few years before.
He was a union finish carpenter from the 50's through the 80's.
He passed away just last year. Young people are sponges. We
just have to make sure they are soaking up the good stuff.

In conclusion, I could see DW4 doing his own thing and amazing
some of those in the NFL. Look what he accomplished while focusing
on school to graduate early. With him focusing on football full time,
no telling what he can achieve. Fans tend to forget the players
are dealing with academics, too.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

Seriously tigerswag0714 did you watch a game in the past 3 years?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

Yea, the scouts have been sooo right with the likes of Tebow, Linehart, and Tom Brady was "missing" something but look where his career has gone. I'd be looking for new scouts. I agree with Dabo, too many tv pundits influence the draft.

Dear Recruits....

Jan 17, 2017, 5:52 PM

If you want a coach who has your back, come to Clemson. I was there Monday night and #4 owned that field on college football's biggest stage

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 6:06 PM

Dabo needs to chill out and stop going message board rant on everybody that doesn't pick our team and players as the best in the world.

The INT'S are concerning to some analysts and rightfully so....

While DW is obviously a cut above Tajh Boyd and Kyle Parker don't forget Dabo was very adamant that both of those would be excellent pros.

Good Ole Skeeter...he LOVES him some Clemson***

Jan 17, 2017, 6:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is Man Enough to Live His Own Life...By The Way

Jan 17, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

Disagreeing with the pundits who think they are the only ones who can be correct is not a sin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is Man Enough to Live His Own Life...By The Way

Jan 17, 2017, 6:30 PM

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing....

But saying they should lose their job because they gave him a second round grade is just ridiculous.

Re: Dabo is Man Enough to Live His Own Life...By The Way

Jan 18, 2017, 5:31 AM

your criticism is ridiculous
it was not a message board rant
the pundits say coaches should be fired on a regular basis... debating the hot seats.

how many times has he been wrong though?

Jan 17, 2017, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

he usually knows what he's talking about. He just isn't the type to be scared to speak up. I think he's looking at from the perspective of those (QB's in the draft) that are in front of DW on that list. Kizer and Trubisky? C'mon. Just like logan thomas being ready made for the NFL. Joke.

Re: how many times has he been wrong though?

Jan 17, 2017, 11:37 PM

BUT, but, he was SOooo tall..
:)
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Hop on somebody's Junk, JHop... Pathetic is just a start.***

Jan 17, 2017, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

Jan 18, 2017, 5:29 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney was on 'The Rich Eisen Show' on Tuesday and was brutally honest about the second round grade that some NFL scouts have on quarterback Deshaun Watson.

Jan 18, 2017, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade ]

All those INTs wasn't DW4 fault, receives tipping balls bc they didn't turn soon enough or it bouncing off of them or just running the wrong route on a timing route. Most of them are on him, but not them all!!!

Dabo is going to defend his players and team at all cost...

Jan 17, 2017, 6:51 PM

...if you don't think that recruits see how Dabo fights for his players, team, and university, you just have to look over the last 8 years. Don't start trashing players, Clemson, or his staff, unless you are ready to get it dished right back at you.

I love it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Dabo is going to defend his players and team at all cost...

Jan 18, 2017, 2:03 AM

Exactly. And that's why every recruit, staff, and player call it family. Dabo is the thermostat and sets the temp for this program. Some coaches wouldn't know loyalty if it hit them in the face.

I love you Dabo -

Jan 18, 2017, 11:20 AM

Don't ever change - you are the man. Can't believe some of the comments on this thread... some of you may shake your head at what Dabo says/does but he, like DW4 is a winner.

I'm soooo glad we have Dabo. We could have a muscoot or harbuttball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic