Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Steelers demote Martavis Bryant to scout team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FB Update: Steelers demote Martavis Bryant to scout team

Oct 25, 2017, 4:06 PM

Steelers demote Martavis Bryant to scout team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His continuing saga is getting old ...***

Oct 25, 2017, 4:10 PM

Re: FB Update: Steelers demote Martavis Bryant to scout team

Oct 25, 2017, 4:14 PM

Praying for you Martavis Bryant to have wisdom and to stay healthy an athletic for a long NFL career. In Jesus Name Amen.

Go be the best you can in every situation brother, as for me and my Tiger house we are pulling for you to make us proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Maybe it's me

Oct 25, 2017, 4:20 PM

But I believe I could just shut up for a few million $$.

I'm just wired that way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's the point though... he is good enough to

Oct 25, 2017, 4:37 PM

be one of the higher paid receivers in the league if he stays away from smoking weed, which he has been, but that will never happen if he isn't targeted more. He shouldn't blast it all over social media or make a big deal publicly about it but he absolutely has a right to want to leave if he isn't able to reach his full potential there. What you said is like one of the top neurosurgeons in the country saying "yeah I should probably be paid more but this general practitioner thing pays decent and it's more than most make so I guess I'll just shut up and take this".

Martavis is the neurosurgeon in your analogy?

Oct 25, 2017, 5:03 PM

Just let that sit for a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Martavis is the neurosurgeon in your analogy?

Oct 25, 2017, 5:40 PM

^^^ I believe he implied that Martavis NEEDS a neurosurgeon.

Re: I think that's the point though... he is good enough to

Oct 26, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to I think that's the point though... he is good enough to ]

And what's wrong with being a "General Practitioner"???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is he going to get big money his next contract if he barely gets the ball***

Oct 25, 2017, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Maybe it's me ]

Re: How is he going to get big money his next contract if he barely gets the ball***

Oct 25, 2017, 7:01 PM

It's clear he's not going to do it by running his mouth all over social media and getting demoted to practice squad.

Whats big money? $3-5m per yr? Sure he can. $10m, prob

Oct 25, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to How is he going to get big money his next contract if he barely gets the ball*** ]

not. The how is outlined pretty clearly in my post above. Give 100% and do your job on every play. The tape will speak for itself. WR isn't all about catching the ball, nor is being an asset to a team.

null

Re: Maybe it's me

Oct 25, 2017, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Maybe it's me ]

But you're not a great WR in the NFL, right? So what's the point. IMO, it's not just the money. He's made mistakes and wants to show his stuff. Love it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 4:23 PM

He needs to grow up and start acting like a pro

Oct 25, 2017, 4:24 PM

Does he really want to one of the teams desparately needing receivers? The Bears, the Jets, the 49'ers, the Giants, or the Browns?? The Ravens could use him, but he won't be traded in the division to a competitive team.

Oct 25, 2017, 4:32 PM

I'm not a lawyer but, it seems to me like Bryant is being punished and fined for using his freedom of speech rights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't believe so

Oct 25, 2017, 4:35 PM

I don't believe his freedom of speech means he has a freedom from consequences. He is distracting and disrespecting the team publicly, therefore he is punished. Don't see a problem.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Don't believe so

Oct 25, 2017, 4:45 PM

^^^^THIS^^^^^

some people have a very difficult time understanding that freedom of speech doesn't equate freedom from repercussions of said speech.

Yep.***

Oct 25, 2017, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Don't believe so ]

null

yeah exactly

Oct 26, 2017, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Don't believe so ]

he's not being arrested for his comments, he's being disciplined by his employers

He also has the right to remain silent...

Oct 25, 2017, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steelers demote Martavis Bryant to scout team ]

He just seems to lack the ability.

$1 to Ron White.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steelers demote Martavis Bryant to scout team ]

Hahaha. You are quickly working yourself into queenie territory.

Steelers need to stop being stubborn and trade Bryant..

Oct 25, 2017, 4:36 PM

They weren't using him even though he was getting open, he blocked good, and practices hard. Bryant expressed his frustrations, and the Steelers don't want to use him or trade. The longer they refuse to trade him, the more of a distraction it will be for them. They aren't proving anything being hard headed about trying to force him to accept a limited role, other than causing a distraction for their team. Never understood why NFL teams take so long to trade or release a disgruntled player.

or...

Oct 25, 2017, 4:38 PM

Bryant needs to grow-up and stop acting like petulant child.

He's not doing himself any favors in the eyes of the Steelers or any other teams who may have otherwise been interested in acquiring him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: or...

Oct 25, 2017, 5:12 PM

I agree I understand Martavis frustrations but you cant call out another teammate on social media. Totally against it

Re: Steelers need to stop being stubborn and trade Bryant..

Oct 25, 2017, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Steelers need to stop being stubborn and trade Bryant.. ]

I will agree that the NFL is odd in the sense that trades seem so rare.

Oct 25, 2017, 4:45 PM

If the Steelers would trade or release him the Texans could get him for next to nothing. Give him some time around Watson and he may be ok. Then Watson could throw to Nuk, Fuller, and Bryant. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he wanted to leave so badly, he should have kept quiet

Oct 25, 2017, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Steelers need to stop being stubborn and trade Bryant.. ]

and dot cratered his trade value...the Steelers are one of the best run organizations in all of Pro Sports

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Steelers need to stop being stubborn and trade Bryant.. ]

I can tell that tk79 has never been a boss, owner of a business, manager, or in any supervisory role in his life, and never will be. I grade him a FAIL at making intelligent decisions regarding correct choices.

Steelers know how to run an organization.

Oct 26, 2017, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Steelers need to stop being stubborn and trade Bryant.. ]

If cut or trade any player that starts demanding more PT or trades just because they feel they want the ball more, then everyone will start doing that b/c you set the precedent. It shows players they need to just suck it up and wait for the offseason.

Huh!?!

Oct 26, 2017, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Steelers need to stop being stubborn and trade Bryant.. ]

You make it sound like Marty has done everything right... Dude needs to grow up and be a man, learn to contribute any way possible to help his employer win championships. No other way to look at it IMHO.

Oct 25, 2017, 5:14 PM

Some of the blame should be placed with the Steelers, they are starting to act like an confused spouse....don't want him but doesn't want anyone else to have him.

I think it's in the best interest of all to part ways.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:06 PM

If you are on a 53 man roster AND receiving targets on an NFL team, then I do think that means they want him. Steeler management has a reputation that is second to none in all of sports so I think they know what they are doing. If Martavis didn’t want to play there then he shouldn’t have signed a CONTRACT in the first place. He needs to shut up, act like a Clemson man, earn trust, continue refraining from smoking, and work for his place.

Oct 25, 2017, 5:28 PM

Lucky he was re-instated to the NFL in the first place. Now he has the marbles to whine? If this was the real world, he'd be looking for a new employer - one other than the NFL. I'm afraid he's about to learn a difficult lesson. Hope he stays away from his bad habits.

Oct 25, 2017, 5:35 PM

FB deleted my comment. "Don't let your jaybird mouth overload your hummingbird ###".

Martavis should have been making better decisions along...

Oct 25, 2017, 6:06 PM

...the way and I'm disappointed that he seems to continue to make bad decisions which are destructive. Sad. Wishing him the best.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, Martavis, pay attention.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:30 PM

Clemson Nation wants you to succeed. So...

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A FOOL

The Steelers have gone out of their way for you, REPEATEDLY. They are doing it again. Mike Tomlin sees value in you as a man and is trying to help. But you are whining and crying like a 2 year old who lost a toy to big brother. Big brother, in this case, is Antonio Brown who happens to be, arguably, the best receiver in the NFL. AND he has the confidence of his QB.

You are a rookie again. Shut up and pay attention, work your tail off, and regain the respect of your teammates and coaches. A respect that you threw away, but have a SECOND chance at. At this point, you are damaged goods. Do you really think another team is going to see you with a halo and automatically make you there no.1 guy? Make amends and work your butt off. If after a couple years you are not getting reps, then move. Until then, head down and work forward.

Spot on!

Oct 25, 2017, 7:42 PM

I'm disappointed that he'd behave this way. We should offer a class at Clemson called "So you're a big boy now" and require all scholarship players to take it in their first #### year. To be honest, I'm embarrassed by his behavior.

Is he really this stupid?

Agree totally, except that this is his THIRD AND LAST

Oct 26, 2017, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Ok, Martavis, pay attention. ]

chance, not just in Pittsburgh, but in the whole NFL. He has already served Strike One and Strike Two for the Substance abuse program. For different reasons, he unfortunately reminds me more and more of Terrell Owens every day. Hall of Fame talent with a running off at the mouth death wish. Every time he opens his mouth on social media, he is inserting his foot all the way to his ######## and lowering any trade value he might still have even further.

Ok, Martavis, pay attention.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:30 PM

Clemson Nation wants you to succeed. So...

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A FOOL

The Steelers have gone out of their way for you, REPEATEDLY. They are doing it again. Mike Tomlin sees value in you as a man and is trying to help. But you are whining and crying like a 2 year old who lost a toy to big brother. Big brother, in this case, is Antonio Brown who happens to be, arguably, the best receiver in the NFL. AND he has the confidence of his QB.

You are a rookie again. Shut up and pay attention, work your tail off, and regain the respect of your teammates and coaches. A respect that you threw away, but have a SECOND chance at. At this point, you are damaged goods. Do you really think another team is going to see you with a halo and automatically make you there no.1 guy? Make amends and work your butt off. If after a couple years you are not getting reps, then move. Until then, head down and work forward.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:48 PM

His self esteem is certainly impressive. He should ask Barry Sanders what happens if you #### off a GM in trying to get traded.

Oct 25, 2017, 7:44 PM

He needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

Under NFL rules, any NFL team can sign a player from

Oct 25, 2017, 7:58 PM

another team's practice squad, as long as it is at least 6 days before the signing team's next game, but 10 days if the team has an open date. I'm guessing that's the reason for the timing - reduces the opportunity to only one day for all teams. But there are a few that could grab him. Here's Martavis' chance to see his market value...

Maturation has been slowed....

Oct 25, 2017, 9:43 PM

By the puff, puff, pass. No doubt the Steelers are not using you as they should. But you have to understand you've forfeited your leverage, just work hard. (Understand there are some who will never respect or trust you) Know that and play the cards they deal you. You are hurting your family. Thinking too much of yourself MB.

No, no, no, mj does not hurt you. Does not cause any

Nov 2, 2017, 8:54 AM

problems whatsoever, no memory loss, no..... what were we talking about?

Sorry, but I don't agree

Oct 26, 2017, 3:20 PM

with what the Steelers are doing here. Just let the guy go to another team!!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic