Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Steelers' GM statement on Martavis Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,074

FB Update: Steelers' GM statement on Martavis Bryant

Mar 15, 2016, 10:24 AM

Steelers' GM statement on Martavis Bryant

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he can talk to Jay Guillermo about how to cope

Mar 15, 2016, 10:31 AM

Seriously, it could help both of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe he can talk to Jay Guillermo about how to cope

Mar 15, 2016, 12:57 PM

I'm sure that there are a lot of Tiger Nation that has smoked weed before that will tell you that weed is the worst thing to self medicate yourself with if you are depressed or fighting chronic depression. I know certain drugs work differently on different people but, I know that through my many years of experimenting with weed, the last thing for me to do was to smoke weed if I was suffering with depression for any reason bc weed would slam me into deeper depression and paranoia.

While I'm on the subject of weed. When I severely injured my back in 2006, after 4 major surgeries, I ended up with a lot of nerve damage plus two handfuls of titanium for fusion of L-3,4,5,6 that has left me with variations of chronic pain every breathing second of my life. I require pain medications everyday to try and keep the pain in check, that it sometimes does but never completely. I guess the never completely is some my fault bc I take as less of that chit as I can to get by or through the day. Here is my point, I better not even think about smoking weed anymore. While on pain management, I'm tested for drugs in my system, there better not be anything there that wasn't prescribed by my pain management doctor in my systems, bc I would risk getting kick out of pain management on 1st offence, for sure 2nd offence, and my test record will follow me everywhere I go for pain management. Pain management is a must for me, and weed could end it. Needless to say that I haven't used weed since 2006, and I smoked weed longer than Martavis has been alive, and I quit instantly. And I would have quit instantly for a $million a year also. He made his choice and got caught, now he's making excuses for a cause. Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe he can talk to Jay Guillermo about how to cope

Mar 15, 2016, 2:28 PM

I agree. Smoking weed when dealing with depression makes everything worse. I think most of us on here have tried, or experimented with weed once in their life time. I remember when my grandmother died in 2011, while I was still in Clemson, I turned to Marijuana to self-medicate my depression. It did help ease the pain, but long term, I noticed I began to change, and realized I felt like I needed it to do basic things I enjoyed doing previously before using. I hope he talks to someone, before he ruins his life. Depression is real, and men especially shouldn't feel ashamed of admitting they need a helping hand sometime. God bless you all. Go Tigers.

Re: FB Update: Steelers' GM statement on Martavis Bryant

Mar 15, 2016, 10:37 AM

I personally suffer from depression. I hope he's not self medicating with drugs. Mary Jane especially makes depression worse. Praying for you Martavis.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If smoking is the only thing keeping him from suicide then

Mar 15, 2016, 10:46 AM

He needs a year off. If his depression isn't to that point yet then it's a maturity issue. Either way he needs this year off it sounds like. Only he can make the choice to change.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Mar 15, 2016, 11:50 AM

Maybe a year at the car wash will reassess his priorities in life.
Some amazing realizations are made at the working end of a hoe or the car wash. I know.

Mar 15, 2016, 11:52 AM

Also behind the working end of
a M-16.

Mar 15, 2016, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steelers' GM statement on Martavis Bryant ]

I think car was and detailing guys smoke more weed than the NFL players do .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 15, 2016, 2:33 PM

Get well Martavis. Get help. Do this for yourself. You will be in my prayers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still not 100% sure why alcohol gets a pass and MJ is

Mar 15, 2016, 5:06 PM

strictly forbidden. No question that Martavis was dumb to choose that over his career, but as far at the actual rule goes, how many of you who actually know about both things (alcohol and MJ) honestly think the punishment fits the crime?

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,074
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic