Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

FB Update: Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks

Nov 18, 2014, 11:47 AM

Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Dabo had said anything resembling that after Lattimore

Nov 18, 2014, 11:51 AM

had gotten hurt, can you imagine the response? That was a total lack of class; but, then what should I expect from Spurrier???

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Lattimore leg went four directions, No questions there. We

Nov 18, 2014, 12:18 PM

still don't know DW's injury situation. Maybe a sprain, might be back this week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

So you can make fun of potential season-ending injuries

Nov 18, 2014, 2:17 PM

just not career-ending ones. Duly noted.

He went to Arky, that's as close to classy as that troll has

Nov 18, 2014, 4:01 PM

seen

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lattimore leg went four directions, No questions there. We

Nov 18, 2014, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Lattimore leg went four directions, No questions there. We ]

Slurrier can say anything and people like coot elcid will take up for him

How does that excuse his lack of class?***

Nov 18, 2014, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Lattimore leg went four directions, No questions there. We ]

Spurrier - Class

Nov 18, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to If Dabo had said anything resembling that after Lattimore ]

180 degrees from each other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: FB Update: Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks

Nov 18, 2014, 11:52 AM

But when you mention an injury to one of our players followed by saying you are better off now and letting out a weasel-like snicker - it shows your character.

Is ok, that players gonna beat his old #### into retirement

Nov 18, 2014, 12:20 PM

in 2 weeks. Funny how his tone changed when he realized his imitation of a defense is almost certainly going to have to try and stop #4 now.

Re: FB Update: Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks

Nov 18, 2014, 11:54 AM

His team lucks up and gets a win thru another teams stupidity(can't max protect on a punt). And now he starts shooting off at the mouth again, he's not going to stop unless we do something about it and so far we haven't. This year is a must and we need to do it big.

Spurrier always has been and always will be....

Nov 18, 2014, 11:56 AM

a low-life, mouthy, pompus, d0uchebag.

Had Dabo or any other coach for that matter said anything even remotely similar to this following an injury to an $CU player, that coach would have been crucified by the media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:58 AM

Let's make sure we all fall over ourselves to give Spurrier the exact reaction he's seeking.

It's worked wonders so far.

he's a master***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:59 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

No....he's a jacka$$....If they lose to Florida, he doesn't

Nov 18, 2014, 12:01 PM

even go to the presser, but they win and the first thing he does is troll us? That is poor sportsmanship DEFINED and that is exactly what you said was "good for college football".

wow***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:02 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Does the truth surprise you?***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:03 PM

Re: No....he's a jacka$$....If they lose to Florida, he doesn't

Nov 19, 2014, 7:21 AM [ in reply to No....he's a jacka$$....If they lose to Florida, he doesn't ]

Are we talking about that team in the Midlands that insist on calling themselves Carolina. That's hilarious, chickens don't resemble Goats in any sort of a way. What could that coach in the Midlands be thinking? Is it possible that from all of his past alcohol abuse, he really doesn't recognize the difference between a Goat with Horns, and a yard buzzard with a nasty growth on its head. Slow down coach in Midlands, even though necessary, Prohibition hasn't been enacted in Cootlumbia!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

master of what, exactly?***

Nov 18, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to he's a master*** ]

Poor Sportsmanship***

Nov 18, 2014, 2:59 PM

Mind games

Nov 18, 2014, 3:43 PM

Getting into the not only the opposing teams head but the entire opposing fan base and judging from this thread it appears he has succeeded.

Re: Mind games

Nov 19, 2014, 7:30 AM

Just b/c that S O B puts himself out there with his thought out comments, doesn't mean he is in anybodies head. It means he is deserving of the personal attacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mind games

Nov 19, 2014, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Mind games ]

You're giving Slurrier too much credit

Re: master of what, exactly?***

Nov 18, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to master of what, exactly?*** ]

master of his domain.

So he is a master at bating the opposition?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:01 PM

Someone take this joke from here...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: master of what, exactly?***

Nov 19, 2014, 7:22 AM [ in reply to master of what, exactly?*** ]

Acting like the Idiot!!!

Won't that be "bad" for college football? What say you

Nov 18, 2014, 11:59 AM

York? This is the shat you love about him and now he's taking it away?

link to where i said I loved Spurrier?

Nov 18, 2014, 12:01 PM

do I think he's good for college football? yes. Does it suck that Clemson is the brunt of what he does right now? yes.

but c'mon... he brings something different, and Dabo has even entered into it.

Since you want to call me out in a post completely unrelated to me... please post the link where I said I loved him?

I didn't say you love Slurrier, I said you love it when he

Nov 18, 2014, 12:02 PM

pulls this shat...He's trolling, you ought to be happy.

and look at what it's doing....

Nov 18, 2014, 12:03 PM

we only hate it b/c it's directed at us...

beat him and it wouldn't happen

You said it was great....Hope you are enjoying it...As

Nov 18, 2014, 12:07 PM

classless as classless gets...And you defend it as being great for College football?

i'm nuetral to it... he doesn't effect me

Nov 18, 2014, 12:08 PM

and yes... I think Steve Spurrier is good for college football

sorry he's a coot

To ignore his classlessness is one thing, but to admire

Nov 18, 2014, 12:13 PM

it is an entirely different matter...It doesn't matter who he coaches for, that is pure horseshat

you could just have your opinion and york could have his

Nov 18, 2014, 12:14 PM

but i'm just spitballin' here

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: you could just have your opinion and york could have his

Nov 18, 2014, 12:16 PM

But then where would I take out my anger if it weren't for york?

i'm here to help

Nov 18, 2014, 12:17 PM

$1 to dsq

admire? #####?

Nov 18, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to To ignore his classlessness is one thing, but to admire ]

I think he's a good college football coach, and I think he's good for college football. Period. He doesn't offend me.

This is his calling card. You act like he started this when he got to Columbia.

Is he arrogant? Yes. What does that matter?

No, York. You admire him.

'cause agenda.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Agenda?***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:31 PM

dang, i thought this was going to be a link to

Nov 18, 2014, 12:41 PM

york admiring and loving OBS.

oh well...

Still waiting on a link to whatever agenda your agenda says

Nov 18, 2014, 12:55 PM

I'm pushing...oh well...

Ok, what would you call

Nov 18, 2014, 12:59 PM

taking York saying OBS is good for college football and repackaging that as admiration and love?

If you have a word for that, we can start using it.

I wouldn't call it a link***

Nov 18, 2014, 2:59 PM

I didn't call it a link.

Nov 18, 2014, 3:32 PM

I called it an agenda.

And unless you have another term for it that means deliberately altering what a poster says so that you can attack them, then I am sticking with it.

Still waiting on a link to York saying he loves and admires OBS, btw.

so nothing

Nov 18, 2014, 3:49 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't call it a link*** ]

you got nothing

Re: admire? #####?

Nov 18, 2014, 12:19 PM [ in reply to admire? #####? ]

I see what York is saying. It's like when someone makes the "Hitler was a good leader" statement. Sure, it's controversial and definitely not popular, but it's true. I LOATHE the man - even when he was at UF. It sucks that now his aim is directed at us, and with whatever the h3ll we've got going on, we can't seem to figure him out - but he is right, he is good for football - it's just hard to see it through the hate.

Point for comparing him to Htler***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:22 PM

we beat him right out of the gate it didn't stop

Nov 18, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to and look at what it's doing.... ]

he was 5-8 -1 against fsu and it didn't stop
he don't bother me the least but it won't stop

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 12:06 PM

I have already posted about this a couple of days ago as many of you know. I don't defend Spurrier for bringing up Clemson after the Florida game. Today, he was asked a direct question about it and he answered it.

But I do have a question for Tony Crumpton who wrote this article. In your article you state that Spurrier said the following:

I guess the upstate team got beat today, is that correct?", Spurrier said. "What was that score of Georgia Tech game. (Watson) got hurt again? ...That game, looks like we're in better shape than two weeks ago, right?," Spurrier said with a snicker.

But those three dots you posted after Spurrier said "Watson got hurt again?" leave out some very important information.

What he actually says is "He got hurt again? What was the .. are they? What was the final? Huh? Oh was it? Ok…. " Then he goes on to make the comment about the game looking better than two weeks ago.

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears to most of you. I get that. And I have tried to be very respectful with my posting on this website. But I do believe that some Clemson writers are doing a disservice to Clemson fans in they way they have reported on this. Josh Kendall did it as well. To get more clicks they are trying to DIRECTLY tie in Watson getting hurt to Spurrier's comment about "we look better than two weeks ago." But if you watch the video, that is not what happened.

I agree with you. This is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Spurrier makes comments like this about lots of teams. He did the same thing when at UF.

The fans need not fall for this. Spurrier was a former Heisman trophy winner and knows that Stoudt is not a good QB and I think he just makes comments knowing that the press is going to selectively quote him.

Now with that said, Spurroer has always been a classless guy. I remember him running a play with a minute left at uGA on year in order to get over 50 points just to make the loss more embarrassing.

He keeps recruiting -players that are academically ineligible and yet some how they always seem to make it on the team. He may make the UNC Football team look really clean when everything is said and done.

The bottom line here is that no 0one should care what Spurrier says before the game. We just need to out there ad beat the Coots and then he will shutup. Even if we win, be prepared for Spurrier to come back wqth "Wells its about time they won" are something like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just BEAT HIM!

Nov 18, 2014, 12:09 PM

That's how you stop a bully. Punch him in the nose!

Booby Bowden owned him, did that stop him from taking

Nov 18, 2014, 12:24 PM

shots?

Nov 18, 2014, 12:36 PM

Wish he hadn't mentioned Watson, but other than that, I love Spurrier. He's the perfect coach to have as a rival and generally he's a funny guy. I enjoy the banter.

His comments were 100% planned....

Nov 18, 2014, 1:26 PM

He was going to say something about Clemson no matter the outcome of our games Saturday. He plays the mental game as good as anybody. He knows he's in Dabo's head and strategically reminded him on Saturday.

It's no different than the deep ball he's going to call on the 2nd play of the game no matter what. It's all just to get in your head

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His comments were 100% planned....

Nov 18, 2014, 1:35 PM

I totally agree. I hope Dabo doesn't spout off something to the media about the ole ball sack. We just need to kick their teeth in on game day. That will take care of the mullet heads and their big mouth coach.

Go Tigers !!!;)

I hope we mSTOMP a mudhole in that dirt pecking, poop eating

Nov 18, 2014, 1:29 PM

#### supporting, puke!

What an ####! That was as much a dig as any.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:58 PM

He's a master at the mind game. I sure hope the team responds and kicks his #### back to the arm pit of SC. Columbia is dreadful place.

It's not that I've never seen a coach I WANT to beat more

Nov 18, 2014, 3:12 PM

than Spurrier. It's that I've never seen a coach that deserves a beating like he does. What a child.

Even with SCGolfer's clarification, Spurrier is a non-stop garbage machine. The whole world deserves to watch his team get humiliated by Clemson just to see the post-game press conference.

null

There wouldn't be a presser or a coaches show the next day

Nov 18, 2014, 3:14 PM

he would simply take his ball and go home

I should have written "just to see how he responds after the

Nov 18, 2014, 3:16 PM

game"...whether he actually attends the Press Conference, takes questions, skips it all together, announces his retirement, etc., etc. The reaction would be pure comedic gold no matter what.

null

TRANSLATION

Nov 18, 2014, 3:43 PM

He heard Watson might play LOL

Nov 18, 2014, 4:24 PM

I think that old man has lost it.....

Nov 18, 2014, 6:33 PM

With losses to Kentucky , Tennessee and Mizzou and close wins against power teams like Vandy and ECU ...he had to do something to draw attention away from the fact that they suck .
When anyone in American college football claims that a win over East Carolina university is a " quality " win , its official. The sucking is happening , and it is real.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 18, 2014, 7:57 PM

The only way to SHUT that idiot up is to BEAT him...Go Tigers!!!

Let's just all agree that Spurrier is an a-hole

Nov 19, 2014, 7:47 AM

and go back to ignoring him and not letting him get under our skin, shall we?

Why in the hayull

Nov 19, 2014, 8:28 AM

does TigerNet, the site keep feeding this fool's ego? It's bad enough that it's in the papers, etc., WHY is this chicke$hit here on what is supposed to be THE Clemson site? This is CRAP and y'all should have better judgement and more respect for Clemson fans, than to clutter this site with this junk.

Great job Tony! NOT!!!!

Spurrier is a classless loser that runs his mouth

Nov 19, 2014, 10:34 AM

About his own team and cuts them down regularly when they lose so i wasnt surprised in the slightest when i read the snide remarks from the old drunk ball sack. It just goes to show that the man is a heartless prick that needs to be knocked back down a couple pegs. He knew that there was no hope for his team to win with Superman DW in the game so he got excitd that his team may actually have a chance at winning, but hopefully karma will do a 180 on him and smack him in the face when he sees DW out there on the field in 2 Saturdays from now.

Want to shut the Butt-H up....beat his coots..

Nov 19, 2014, 8:56 PM

Next week......beat the crap out of them....NO MERCY

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic