Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Scott on lack of touches: "I'm a team player"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,679

FB Update: Scott on lack of touches: "I'm a team player"

Nov 7, 2016, 12:58 PM

Scott on lack of touches: "I'm a team player"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Scott on lack of touches: "I'm a team player"

Nov 7, 2016, 1:23 PM

This is a great kid we have playing for and repping Clemson. Whatever he decides to do after the season I'll stand behind it. Don't change AScott.

Nov 7, 2016, 1:24 PM

let me be the first to say that every should listen to this and pass it along to every high school player. Do we have great people at Clemson or what !!! Certainly don't worry about your future Tay - you're playing on Sundays for a long time and there is no limit how far you soar. Last but not least, Thank You !

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 1:38 PM

A Steve Smith type player who has a bright future in the league .
I expect we will unleash him in the playoffs .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Led the team in catches against Syracuse......

Nov 7, 2016, 2:09 PM

7 receptions for 45 yards and a TD. I'd say that's a good amount with all the guys we have.
Unfortunately Syracuse blew up the one jet sweep we tried with him.
On punt returns and kick returns recently....

I get the feeling we'll see more of him down the stretch. He did such a good job carrying the load under the circumstances last year. He'll be "fresher" down the stretch this year with all the depth we have at receiver.

Re: Led the team in catches against Syracuse......

Nov 7, 2016, 8:17 PM

I understand all the touches Mike has gotten this season, and it's bc he was injured and out all of last season, and this is his last season to have his on the field interview for the next level. But I also see Scott's displeasure of not getting the targets after he has done a super great job in helping carry our team when Peake was out with his acl injury, and then the same while Mike was out recovering from his neck injury. If I were him, I know that I would be more than a little put out over the anorexic targets he hasn't been targeted with this season. I'm sure he expected to get less touches this season with Mike back no doubt but, there has been times during this season when Mike was just off and the ball kept going his way with Scott wide open. That just shows the type of character that Scott has bc we have had some in the past complaining with a lot less reasons than Scott has had. PlUS+++++, I don't ever remember Scott having all the drops and the ball bouncing around in his hands that Mike has had this season. Mike is and will be a great NFL WR, but IMO, Scott will have a better career in the NFL. Scott has been a Rock for our team, and he has stayed calm when he was being overlooked waiting for his opportunities!!! Personally, I hope he stays another year bc I love him for who he is and what he has meant to our team!!! Frank Howard would have loved Scott bc he represents his Rock 125%!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 3:51 PM

Was telling a friend Saturday at the game that he is going to play a long time in the league, wish we could get more use out of him. Kid is a beast at everything he does, and he's killing it on special teams. He's helping his draft stock tremendously. Just wish he would get some yards and TD's as hard as he works and everything he's one for this program. Love that he is such a team player, winning cures a lot of problems

Dang stop trying to make that kid mad

Nov 7, 2016, 3:59 PM

Kid acted like a true professional in the face of tough questions, wish I coulda been that poised at 21

Re: Dang stop trying to make that kid mad

Nov 8, 2016, 10:00 AM

Ditto. I feel like the job of the press is to push buttons. I resent them for that. You're a class act, Artavis!

I've been saying all year he needs more touches

Nov 7, 2016, 4:02 PM

He was killing it every time he touched the ball last year. The mistake was when the coaches tried to use him as the deep threat early in the year, which isn't his forte. Of course it didn't work well when combined with Watson not having great touch on the deep ball. I think coaches used that as a reason to look elsewhere for targets. You need to get Scott the short and let him operate. No one fights for extra yards like 'Tay. I also don't understand forcing Ray Ray into action for punt returns when Scott seems like more of a natural there. Needless to say, I feel some errors were made in game planning with Scott.

Re: I've been saying all year he needs more touches

Nov 7, 2016, 4:15 PM

Could not agree more! Well said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 4:24 PM

Tay has made some great catches. The catch in OT against NC State comes to mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 4:43 PM

Tay has always been my favorite player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 8:38 PM

My favorite play of his, was stepping on the coot's hand to stay in bounds!!! And I love that guy myself!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2016, 10:03 AM

Funny thing is, I trust Scott more than any other wr we have. Imo he's the most likely to catch the ball, fight for the first, and not fumble. He's a complete wr

Hunter Renfrow says hi...***

Nov 8, 2016, 10:09 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,679
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic