Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,403

FB Update: Scott on QB rotation against Wofford

Aug 27, 2015, 9:01 PM

Scott on QB rotation against Wofford

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get em artavis***

Aug 27, 2015, 9:23 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my first thought just from reading the headline too***

Aug 28, 2015, 9:50 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Scott on QB rotation against Wofford

Aug 27, 2015, 9:25 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing Kelly get some more time in those games. If Watson goes down, we have a better chance of winning with Bryant than with Schuessler.

Aug 27, 2015, 9:40 PM

Agreed. Schuessler would be Cole Stoudt 2.0.

Aug 27, 2015, 9:45 PM

Stoudt 2.0 looked pretty good against Oklahoma when Scott/Elliott called the right game giving him less opportunity to fail than to succeed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he'd had time to heal up a little.

Aug 27, 2015, 10:05 PM

He was a different player with the right gameplan and a rested, injury-free body.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: And he'd had time to heal up a little.

Aug 27, 2015, 10:44 PM

I believe Streeter (and the OCs) made Stoudt better in bowl prep. He just had more confidence. Simplifying the plays helped, but Streeter seemed to have a calming, confidence inspiring effect on Stoudt. He is: The QB Whisperer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Streeter was the toughest QB I've ever seen

Aug 28, 2015, 1:31 AM

@ Clemson. Maybe anywhere. One of my all time favorite Tigers.

What he lacked for in talent, he more than made up for in mental and physical toughness. Back in his playing days I never thought we were out of a game when he was healthy and on the field. He brings that same gritty mentality to coaching - he instilled in Cole Stoudt exactly what he needed and was lacking when he took over coaching the QB's . It more than showed in the bowl game.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

so maybe just as much blame can be put on the coach? I

Aug 28, 2015, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Scott on QB rotation against Wofford ]

really did like Chad Morris but feel like he had some of the responsibility as a coach to put his player in the best position to win. That being said, 2015 is here and I'm focused on who we have here and now....GO TIGERS!

Aug 28, 2015, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Scott on QB rotation against Wofford ]

Really dude??

<<<< FGF<<<<

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant

Aug 28, 2015, 12:14 PM

TigerNet fans seem to want all the true freshmen to play & the coaches tend to leave the impression that they will. Unless DW4 is injured again & Nick Schuessler proves that he is not up to the job, I think Kelly Bryant should redshirt. He might be able to have a little fun in the 1st couple of games but after that he should sit unless the aforementioned events happen. DW4 will be back at least one more year so KB will have plenty of time to get ready to be the starter. I hope that he doesn't play just enough to waste his year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way we redshirt KB this year.

Aug 28, 2015, 5:47 PM

He will become DW's backup at some point during the season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant

Aug 28, 2015, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

DW4 will be back at least one more
> year so KB will have plenty of time to get ready to
> be the starter. I hope that he doesn't play just
> enough to waste his year.

I hear ya and I get it. But I don't think we can afford any less than 3 QB's ready to play if necessary. I think there is a huge difference between 'next man up' and 'next in line'. Nick was a good HS quarterback but I just can't see him leading the tigers if the worst happens. You don't go from being beat out by Stoudt consistently over 2 years and suddenly being good enough to lead the Clemson Tigers....simply by changing your mind.

Dabo's a fair man and he's going to give Nick a shot. But, if Nick could have, he would have.

Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EvenStoudt looked like a different qb under ElliotandScott

Aug 28, 2015, 9:36 PM

than he did under Morris. Not bashingMorris at all....but Elliot/Scott and Streeter(albeit with onlyone game to compare too) do seem to know how to gameplan to a qbs strengthsand weaknesses.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,403
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic