Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Satellite camps are back: Will Dabo take advantage?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,489

FB Update: Satellite camps are back: Will Dabo take advantage?

Apr 28, 2016, 2:55 PM

Satellite camps are back: Will Dabo take advantage?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't a high school in Greenville hosting a Michigan camp?

Apr 28, 2016, 3:04 PM

Couldn't find it now, but thought I recalled reading that somewhere.

Can't imagine Dabo and Muschamp are particularly pleased with that school/coach. Do the Universities get to pay outrageous amounts to schools that host their camps?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Dabo, not sure what good these camps do provide

Apr 28, 2016, 3:32 PM

A recruit isn't spending the three to four years at a satellite camp. They are spending it playing football on a college campus. By going to a satellite camp in New Jersey, a player has no idea what Clemson's campus, academics, student life, etc., will be like.

They good they provide is all sorts of players can go there

Apr 28, 2016, 4:04 PM

and all sorts of coaches can go see them. Think of the guys who aren't good enough to come to Clemson. The player can't afford to go to every UL Monroe of Western Kentucky out there, but those schools can send a coach to the camp.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with Dabo, not sure what good these camps do provide

Apr 28, 2016, 4:34 PM [ in reply to I agree with Dabo, not sure what good these camps do provide ]

The South Carolina universities should tell the South Carolina HS that if they allow camps for far off universities to come in and recruit the top talent from their schools, they better hope that they are taking the 2 and 3 star recruits also, bc the SC universities won't be recruiting their high school at all after they have been picked over. That would make our in state HS think long and hard over allowing the far off universities camp at their high school....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2016, 4:47 PM

These camps do a world of good for kids going to Newberry, PC and the College of Charleston. Clemson is still going to get our kids on campus. It's these 2 star kids that are hoping for a scholarship to a small school that the new rule hurt. Those kids weren't going to get seen by the coaches from Western Michigan or the likes. That's the ONLY reason I'm happy they are revisiting this rule. I agree with Dabo. They will basically become combines. So I say let the NCAA run them. That way Harbaugh can't pack up his traveling circus and come to SC, but if the NCAA wants to hold a camp for all the eligible kids in SC to attend, well Mr Harbough as well as all other coaches would be more than welcome. I think the NCAA should run them instead of the universities. Let them earn some of that money for a change.

Apr 28, 2016, 4:53 PM

In general, I agree. What people have a problem with is harbaugh hosting a "camp" at IMG academy. I don't think Power 5 schools should be hosting camps. But everybody else, have at it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2016, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree with Dabo, not sure what good these camps do provide ]

If you stop recruiting those high schools you're only punishing the students. That's not really fair to the kids.

I do.

Apr 28, 2016, 6:39 PM [ in reply to I agree with Dabo, not sure what good these camps do provide ]

It's for the schools in large cities and others like them which lack any form of beauty. We have the most beautiful campus in the world and we want them to come to our camps.

We're also building relationships with High School coaches which easier because of our location. A trip from Clemson to Florida takes a lot less time than one from Michigan. Other schools may have more money to spend but having our coordinators and HC visit the schools and prospects takes much less time than others. Time is finite.

Seeing the way Dabo addressed the issue makes it hard for me not to consider the differences with a predetermination to agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is based on what Dabo said back in August. Now what?

Apr 28, 2016, 5:46 PM

I know he was against the idea for good reasons, but now that the ban is lifted will he reconsider?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is based on what Dabo said back in August. Now what?

Apr 29, 2016, 6:11 AM

Last Monday night at Prowl and Growl in Greenwood, Dabo expressed the same reservations that he had last August. He definitely is not in favor of them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Satellite camps are back: Will Dabo take advantage?

Apr 28, 2016, 9:22 PM

I really doubt Dabo will use these. One of the biggest keys to our recruiting is getting the kids on campus.

Re: FB Update: Satellite camps are back: Will Dabo take advantage?

Apr 29, 2016, 6:12 AM

He made that same statement at Prowl and Growl in Greenwood. He wants recruits to come to our campus.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,489
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic