Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released

Sep 2, 2017, 8:30 AM

Report: Ben Boulware to be released

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released

Sep 2, 2017, 8:31 AM

This just reaffirms why I never pull for the Panthers. Could give a crap about a local team that never has players for Clemson. Go Texans

Sep 2, 2017, 8:38 AM

He never did anything standout in the practices I saw or read about, nor during the preseason games. Too much LB depth and experience in Carolina for him to have a sincere chance. He may be a practice squad candidate.

Sep 2, 2017, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

You don't pull for panthers cause they don't have tigers on the roster? That's stupid reasoning cause it's a business when it comes to the NFL and panthers are deep at all LB positions. I love the Clemson just as much as anyone else on here but I'm not gonna knock a team for deciding a Clemson player isn't the best fit for their team.

Stupid reasoning is thinking that you need to tell someone

Sep 2, 2017, 9:03 AM

how they should feel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

No, it's not stupid reasoning. Clemson fans are rabid and are known to travel well, but the local franchise ignores them at every turn. For example, the Panthers have never had a dominant WR and definitely need one (and have for years). Did they look to WR U? No, they let Hopkins, Watkins, Bryant, Humphries, Peake, and Williams go elsewhere. It makes me sick that teams like Houston have 5 former tigers on the roster, and the Panthers have none.

I promise you this, the Panthers would be economically more successful if they had 5 former tigers on their roster. Ticket sale, merchandise sales, website clicks, and TV viewership would all benefit.

This isn't theory, I know this because, after following them since the beginning, my son and I started watching Atlanta because of Beasley and Garrett. We are now watch the Falcons and the Texans weekly. So, the overpriced NFL gear sales will go to Atlanta and Houston not Carolina. I know for a fact that I'm not alone.

Finally, when you get as deep at LB as Boulware would have been, the other two guys ahead of him sucked too. Only one of those 4th string LB's would have put butts in the seats, but they cut him.

Sep 2, 2017, 10:04 AM

It's makes you wonder if something went wrong in the relationship with Clemson during their first season when they used our stadium? Whatever the reason, it's the Panthers loss to not have Clemson players. Go back to the preseason this year and look at the Clemson fans in the stands wearing orange because of Boulware.

I would love to see you tell Steve Smith the Panthers never had a dominant WR***

Sep 2, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

Sep 2, 2017, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

Certain that Watkins and Williams went before they picked.

I don't pull for the Panthers because Cam Newton sucks***

Sep 2, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

Well to be completely honest, the Panthers have one of the deepest linebacker groups in all of football

Sep 2, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

At least you give a crap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't pull for the Panthers because they ain't in

Sep 2, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

Green Bay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

Agree, I never have pulled for the Panthers, and I wouldn't have if Ben would've made the team, I would have pull for Ben to do good things at his position. Ben Boulware is the only hope that I would be hoping for in a Panther uniform!!! My wife's sister in law has season Panther Tickets, and listening to her about the Panthers makes me throw up. Now my wife's brother was a calm Panther fan before he passed away, but his wife is one of the worst obnoxious fans they have!!!! Good luck to Ben for finding a team to play on, bc FB is a big part of his life that he absolutely Loves. I'm hoping that he finds a team that will appreciate his heart and Love for the game more than his lack of prototype measurements... I thank Ben for everything he did and gave of himself for his/our Clemson Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 8:38 AM

Something we all expected. Panthers may have best and deepest group of LB's in the NFL.
He'll be picked up and make someones practice squad. (or whatever it's called)
Head up Ben, we love you brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 8:45 AM

I think he will follow Brents foot steps. Be a coach.

Sep 2, 2017, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

I love all that ben did for CU but always felt like he was one of those guys that would have a tough time making it in the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope someone picks him up. If not, I think he'd make a great

Sep 2, 2017, 8:47 AM

college assistant coach, or color analyst.

Keeping grinding, Ben!

Sep 2, 2017, 8:48 AM

You got the heart of a champion. Add this to the fire and work even harder. Prove all those doubters wrong AGAIN! We're all pulling for ya, man.

~JKB

Sep 2, 2017, 8:52 AM

That is OK, I was tired of being a Carolina Panthers fan anyway.

Did more than 99.9% of us ever did....

Sep 2, 2017, 8:52 AM

He gets to wear a Natty Ring his whole life even if he never plays a down of football again.

Sep 2, 2017, 8:54 AM

Keep your head up Ben. You'll be just fine.

It's not over. He can make practice squad or get called back later

Sep 2, 2017, 9:07 AM

Let's hope this is not it for Ben!

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Sep 2, 2017, 9:10 AM

That stinks. I hate that Schefter posts this stuff, if the management at the Panthers hasnt called him in yet, it means he is probably finding out from the internet that he lost his job.

Love you Big BEN...

Sep 2, 2017, 9:15 AM

keep grinding & gut er done some where else where they love you too & know grit!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Ben Boulware to be released ]

I'm with you, but if that is true, the fault lies with the organization to tell the player first rather than the reporter. I would imagine BB was told first. Probably had to see the Turk after hearing, "Coach wants to see you and bring your playbook'. Best of luck to Ben in any event.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 9:31 AM

one thing I hated being right about

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 9:39 AM

yep - was a long shot but thinking he may get picked up.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

He won't have to struggle looking for a Job...

Sep 2, 2017, 9:38 AM

With what he did for Clemson I have no doubt that if can't make it in football and doesn't choose to coach that he will be offered a fine job withing the Clemson family of well-to-do people that can offer him very well paying jobs...

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Boulware -- COACH

Sep 2, 2017, 9:54 AM

His work ethic and ability to break down vid will open a lot of doors in the coaching profession.
Honestly, he will succeed at anything because of that ethic.

Re: Boulware -- COACH

Sep 2, 2017, 10:08 AM

For me personally, I find myself wanting Houston to win now primarily due to the number of Tigers on that team. Never cared much for the Panthers before Ben got there. This just means I'll watch less Panther games. My choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 11:02 AM

I pull for the Panthers but I don't like the fact that they don't ever draft Clemson players. Keep your head up Ben you are still a great player. Maybe another team will pick you up.

BB is one Tiger I will never worry about. Gonna be just fine!***

Sep 2, 2017, 11:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

betting somebody picks him up at FA.

Sep 2, 2017, 12:10 PM

somebody like Cleveland..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2017, 1:38 PM

Bigger and better things headed your way BB!!!!

Sep 2, 2017, 2:59 PM

Why is anyone shocked? Boulevard doesn't measure up ....for starters too slow. He'll land on his feet and won't look back. The Panthers weren't the best choice....not a lot of room on the defensive side of the ball.

Sep 3, 2017, 3:10 PM

What really don't measure up, is a stray dog on T-Net!!! Call the dog catcher and have that mutt put down, it has the mange!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic