Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills

Feb 26, 2016, 10:05 AM

Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills

Feb 26, 2016, 10:16 AM

I hope this pays off!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2016, 10:36 AM

You want to be in peak physical shape to hit on all cylinders when it means as much money as it does with these prospects . Good luck MA !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 26, 2016, 12:17 PM

I couldn't agree more. Almost 3 more weeks to rehab can make the difference between an average showing and outstanding. Plus he's the star at home. Not having to compete for attention like at the combine. It's not like all the scouts don't know where Clemson is anymore. They should just have a scouts only table across the street at the Esso Club.

Feb 26, 2016, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills ]

I was thinking that would be a better date for adding 16 more days of healing time. As we know hamstrings can be a pecky injury to recover from, and that 16 more days could give him a better chance to show off his skills... Hopefully he don't aggravate the injury before or on pro day. I mean, I wish that he would have stayed, but he didn't and I wish him all the best. As we say, once a Tiger always a Tiger, and wishing that Tiger the very best!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2016, 11:34 AM

really think Mackensie is going to regret leaving early. money was the driving force so something is obviously better than nothing but I think the 1st round projections are going to look silly when things are said and done. still hoping he can have a good pro day and end up as a day 2 player

was he really a lockdown corner? or was it more a product of putting 7 dlinemen and 4 DEs in the NFL the last two drafts?

and spare me the coot name calling

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read up of Alexander's background

Feb 26, 2016, 11:53 AM

I don't know of one man on this planet that grew up with his family struggles financially and had the two year career he had at Clemson with his skill set, that wouldn't go pro now like he did.

Mack's gonna kill it in the interviews. He's acted like a professional football player for years just from a work ethic and mentality standpoint. I guarantee they'll be a ton of GMs/coaches/scouts that'll fall completely in love with him just from that portion of combine.

Re: Read up of Alexander's background

Feb 26, 2016, 2:50 PM

familiar with his background and have nothing but respect for his professional mentality and work ethic. I understand that money was a necessity for the family however I just hope that it wasn't used to convince him to leave even if that wasn't his best interest as a football player. he was one of the last to officially decide and the way the staff talked about recruiting the secondary they didn't know earlier about Mac

does anyone know what the advisory board grades were on Mac?

Yes, he was a lockdown corner that allowed Venables to

Feb 26, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills ]

not provide safety help over the top of him. He was a big key to our defensive success. One of the top three corners in the draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2016, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills ]

> really think Mackensie is going to regret leaving
> early. money was the driving force so something is
> obviously better than nothing but I think the 1st
> round projections are going to look silly when things
> are said and done. still hoping he can have a good
> pro day and end up as a day 2 player
>
> was he really a lockdown corner? or was it more a
> product of putting 7 dlinemen and 4 DEs in the NFL
> the last two drafts?
>
> and spare me the coot name calling

Dude...seriously? That is a blatantly ignorant statement.

I'm sorry if you are incapable of appreciating what we had for two seasons with Mac.

But, he is arguably the top corner in the draft. He is the quintessence of the phrase lock down corner.

Mac will have a great Pro Day.

Mac will be drafted in the 1st round with a very strong chance to be a top 15 pick.

Assuming a clean bill of health with the hamstring, I'll call Mac the first corner taken in the 2016 draft. NFL teams/scouts/GM's are well aware of what he can do on the field. And, they will soon be aware of his intelligence, his work ethic and his drive to be the best.

So, please...do yourself a favor and keep that opinion to yourself. Because, really all it does is call into question your ability to even have an opinion on the subject.

Feb 26, 2016, 2:44 PM

definitely appreciate what Mac gave for 2 seasons, but injuries prevented him from contributing as a frosh when everyone thought he'd be a starter. injuries took him out of the 2nd half of the biggest game of his life. injuries now affecting his most important job interview. combine that with a small frame, 5'9 is a huge, huge difference than 5'10 5'11 and there is reason for skepticism. corners like Josh Norman/Richard Sherman have flourished as undrafted/late round picks because of their size

what do you think a reasonable 40 time for Mac would be? I would be shocked if he runs sub 4.4 and think more likely it will be in the 4.5s

>"he is arguably the top corner in the draft"
it could also be argued that he isn't
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016CB.php
http://draftbreakdown.com/could-clemson-cb-mackensie-alexander-fall-to-day-3-of-the-2016-nfl-draft/

the hype reminds me of Nnamdi Asomugha. hard to find good film on a guy who is basically taken out of the game by opposing OCs

if I'm wrong on this it's gonna be due to Mac's film study and ability to tackle in space

Feb 26, 2016, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills ]

Look at what happened in the nc game when he went down! That guy might have been the mvp in all of cfb! He will surely be missed.

Feb 26, 2016, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Alexander to sit out NFL Combine drills ]

I'll spare you the coot, I'll skip to moron

10th or 11th???***

Feb 26, 2016, 1:10 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic