Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Projecting salaries, signing bonuses for Watson and Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: Projecting salaries, signing bonuses for Watson and Williams

Apr 28, 2017, 7:50 AM

Projecting salaries, signing bonuses for Watson and Williams

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson and Williams will make more with

Apr 28, 2017, 7:58 AM

Nike and old spice

You Can Buy A Lot of Dippin Dots With That Kind of $$$

Apr 28, 2017, 10:22 AM

;)

It's the second one that matters

Apr 28, 2017, 8:01 AM

This is decent money but the second contract is where you can hit the lotto. I'd bet Deshaun's 2nd contract dwarphs Tarboobsky's

Snowflake Basher........Out

"Decent Money" ?

Apr 28, 2017, 9:07 AM

I realize what you're trying to say, but there is no dodging the fact that Trubisky just made over twice as much actual money as Deshaun.

And even though we Clemson fans believe that Watson is the much better prospect, Trubisky is set for life even if he never throws an NFL pass. To me, that's an amazing testament to either the unbelievable stupidity, or the incredible vision of The Bears management.

So, just like the Heisman Trophy snubs, Deshaun will simply have to prove his true worth on the field to make up the financial difference over the long haul.

We'll see who has the better NFL career.

It's almost certain that Deshaun will be starting and winning games for Houston long before Trubisky ever gets on the field in Chicago.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Jan 17, 2017, 6:38 PM

Nothing I said was untrue and I'm not sure why you seem to take offense.

Calling these figures "decent money" is ludicrous ...

Apr 28, 2017, 11:47 AM

In your effort to downplay the fact that Trubisky was much more highly rewarded in the draft than Watson, you trivialized the fact that both are now multi-millionaires.

I didn't take offense. It just mad you sound sort of silly. Okay?

Re: "Decent Money" ?

Apr 28, 2017, 9:55 AM [ in reply to "Decent Money" ? ]

Any team that Passed on DW4, they proved beyond any measure why their teams are at the bottom of the NFL and can't seem to make a run back to Elite status in the ranks of pro FB. The NFL has made big changes in the way the pro game is now being played, and those teams are struggling bc they have lost their way, and they are blind to the type talent it will take to get back. Do anybody think that Belichick pays any attention to a word the analysts say each year, I don't. A lot of the NFL Owners and coaches ARE, and that's why they are in the positions they find their selves in, at the bottom of the pack. College players are being over Analyzed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

13.8M isn't hitting the lottery?***

Apr 28, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to It's the second one that matters ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compared to a $100M+ second contract?

Apr 28, 2017, 9:38 AM

I know which lotto I'd want to hit.

Wanting a 2nd lotto win is just greedy***

Apr 28, 2017, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 13.8M isn't hitting the lottery?***

Apr 28, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to 13.8M isn't hitting the lottery?*** ]

Man's got to buy a house in a good neighborhood that don't have no tnetting riff Raff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND THE CHILDREN HAVE TO EAT ! ! ! ! GRACIOUS ! ! !***

Apr 28, 2017, 3:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: FB Update: Projecting salaries, signing bonuses for Watson and Williams

Apr 28, 2017, 8:20 AM

this is quite an accomplishment and payoff for both of them. I can only assume DW interceptions put some teams off but he will be fine. I really believe he will be a very good pro player

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$29MM gamble on analytics

Apr 28, 2017, 8:20 AM

versus a proven winner. I'm glad Watson went to Houston but I doubt that Trubisky and Mahommes will be better. Watson has more CFP wins that the other two have wins over ranked teams...combined.

Apr 28, 2017, 8:32 AM

Hope all three of those loser teams (shitcago, tenncrap, and Kansas chitty) don't win a single game because I really feel at least the Texans will be in a super bowl within 2 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2017, 3:41 PM

Titans fan here....I can see the disdain for Chicago not picking Watson but come on man. The Titans don't really need a first round QB. They have already have a QB they are paying 20 million and he's only been there 2 years haha.

However, I'm pissed they picked Corey Davis over Mike Williams. Absolutely egregious.

Apr 28, 2017, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Projecting salaries, signing bonuses for Watson and Williams ]

Titans fan here....I can see the disdain for Chicago not picking Watson but come on man. The Titans don't really need a first round QB. They have already have a QB they are paying 20 million and he's only been there 2 years haha.

However, I'm pissed they picked Corey Davis over Mike Williams. Absolutely egregious.

Apr 28, 2017, 10:11 AM

Trubinsky & Mahomes hit the lottery (i.e. big payout without having won anything big). How the heck did Mahomes get picked before DW4?!?!? Trubisky #2 - ABSURD!

It is an insane amount of money for ALL of them - a large portion of them will never be productive in the NFL. That said, more power to them! Hope they invest wisely and live good lives!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic