Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Tiger Band gets National Championship rings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 51

FB Update: Photo: Tiger Band gets National Championship rings

Apr 30, 2017, 8:16 PM

Photo: Tiger Band gets National Championship rings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Photo: Tiger Band gets National Championship rings

Apr 30, 2017, 8:19 PM

That's so cool. My son was a drum major and commander of the band this year.

Apr 30, 2017, 8:39 PM

Congrats to your family. I'm sure you're VERY proud. Go Tigers Band!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Extremely nice

Apr 30, 2017, 8:22 PM

I hope every Tiger Band member is successful and never has to think about selling one of those. However if they ever do, I'll be ready.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Extremely nice

Apr 30, 2017, 8:25 PM

I had to pay for his lol I'll beat his a$$ if he ever sells it lol

Re: Extremely nice

Apr 30, 2017, 8:41 PM

Hope ya'll at least got a good discount.
Serious!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome. They sure did their part. The rings are much

Apr 30, 2017, 8:24 PM

deserved.

Re: That's awesome. They sure did their part. The rings are much

Apr 30, 2017, 8:25 PM

They were not free lol

Apr 30, 2017, 9:04 PM

I'm curious how this came about. Did the band have the rings designed and then took orders for them independent of the athletic department? If so can other groups do the same such as Central Spirit, Cheerleaders, Rally Cats and what not? Just wondering b/c I know some of these groups work their tails off also without much recognition.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2017, 9:56 PM

have no clue but id say no group works as hard as the band

May 2, 2017, 2:04 PM

I think they do a terrific job. Even on t.v. they sound great.

May 1, 2017, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: That's awesome. They sure did their part. The rings are much ]

Dabo loves the band and thus worked with IPTAY to include band members in the natty rings provided band members purchase the rings themselves (at a discount).

The rings came in 3 batches: 1st batch was for players, 2nd batch was for band members and band staff, 3rd batch was for late orders.

I'm a recent tiger band alum and still involved in the band in certain official capacity.

Fantastic! Check out those uniforms they have to

Apr 30, 2017, 8:30 PM

wear in August and early September, the hours they have to put in practice, etc. They deserve them!

Well Deserved!***

Apr 30, 2017, 8:33 PM

Apr 30, 2017, 8:50 PM

Regret that I feel that giving rings to every participating support group deminishes the players 'special' achievement recognition of such a high accomplishment.

So cheerleaders are getting rings; how about ball boys; student videographers; those who mark the feild; rally cats; ROTC ; where do we stop as all contribute mightily to a piece of the support structure.

How about fans .... why not rings. Do they not travel hours and sometime days to set a winning environment second to none?

You diminish the rings special recognition by making it a participation award vs and accomplishment award.

Yes my grandson got a participation trophy by being a team member of his soccer group. They never scored a goal all year long. The award is OK but a National championship ring should not be diluted to a participation award.

Apr 30, 2017, 9:17 PM

The rings say "Tiger Band" not "Clemson Football. I think well deserved.

Apr 30, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Photo: Tiger Band gets National Championship rings ]

How many bus rides have you took to get home at 5 am ? when the team and the cheerleader rode a plane. You my friend have no clue what these kid do. NO CLUE at all. while you sit your fat a$$ in a chair and what the games. You know what F you

I was on the cheerleading squad at Clemson....

May 1, 2017, 4:38 AM

Never flew to any game-we rode buses with the band! I agree with you that if they come up with a ring for the band, the band should have one.
As far as swag or whatever the kids call it these days-all we ever got was a sweater for the Hall of Fame Bowl.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

I was with you until this terrible response***

May 1, 2017, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Photo: Tiger Band gets National Championship rings ]

Agree!***

May 1, 2017, 12:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I will say it again....those little girls with the spaghetti

Apr 30, 2017, 8:56 PM

strap tops that sat on the front row....should have a GOLD "S" for Superwomen on their rings. It was cold and windy.....

Apr 30, 2017, 9:02 PM

:) :) :) :) :)

very cool***

Apr 30, 2017, 9:31 PM

Blah. They don't even...

Apr 30, 2017, 9:41 PM

go to every game, and they have to be mic'd up when they're in Death Valley (opposing bands have a built-in concert shell in the west endzone). Hype music played over PA system is more energizing than band songs except for Tiger Rag. I only watch SC State band at halftime. Same as cheerleaders; no one does the cheers the cheerleaders lead. Football team should clap the fans in appreciation before and after each game. We're the reason they have this opportunity.

Re: Blah. They don't even...

Apr 30, 2017, 10:03 PM

Who the f Dont go to every game you moron. You can't do what they do so you talk Shayyt. If you want the whole band at everygame donate you D I C K

Apr 30, 2017, 10:50 PM

The dedication of being a band member is awesome. Hot practice days; repetitive practice; long bus rides mainly to prepare and perform at half time. Great entertainment from very talented kids. I do know as I was a national award winning band member.

It however has very little to do in helping to win a NAtional Championship.... the player do not see what happens on the field at half time. It is part of the motivational environment, along w fans, cheerleaders, etc... but only players and staff should recieve rings to make their accomplishments special.

Imagine.... a woman sitting on a plane notices a young man w a Natty ring and asked.... is that a National championship ring? The young man replies, yes it is. She asks, did you play? He replies, yes I did. May I asked your name? Yes it is Hunter Renfrow.

About that same time another hand is thrust over the seat from behind showing a Natty ring... the woman asked, did you play too... the reply is yes.. a flute in the band.

How is Renfrow feeling about his ring at that moment.

Respectfully, I am not a fan of participation trophys.

We will have to agree to disagree, but is in no way a put down to the accomplishments of band members.

"

Hunter's ring will be the real one with the trophy on it.

May 1, 2017, 3:39 AM

The woman on the plane will be suitably impressed and will be able to tell the difference. The band one is similar to the CFP participation ring, featuring the CFP logo.

This is what the real National Championship ring looks like. The band isn't getting this:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

oops...did not mean to thumb's up this post***

May 2, 2017, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Blah. They don't even... ]

Apr 30, 2017, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Blah. They don't even... ]

The dedication of being a band member is awesome. Hot practice days; repetitive practice; long bus rides mainly to prepare and perform at half time. Great entertainment from very talented kids. I do know as I was a national award winning band member.

It however has very little to do in helping to win a NAtional Championship.... the player do not see what happens on the field at half time. It is part of the motivational environment, along w fans, cheerleaders, etc... but only players and staff should recieve rings to make their accomplishments special.

Imagine.... a woman sitting on a plane notices a young man w a Natty ring and asked.... is that a National championship ring? The young man replies, yes it is. She asks, did you play? He replies, yes I did. May I asked your name? Yes it is Hunter Renfrow.

About that same time another hand is thrust over the seat from behind showing a Natty ring... the woman asked, did you play too... the reply is yes.. a flute in the band.

How is Renfrow feeling about his ring at that moment.

Respectfully, I am not a fan of participation trophys.

We will have to agree to disagree, but is in no way a put down to the accomplishments of band members.

"

May 1, 2017, 1:15 PM

Judging by Hunter's class and demeanor I would imagine he'd high five the girl knowing the bands are what make college football special and it was a great achievement by everyone in that stadium in a Clemson Uniform.

Apr 30, 2017, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Blah. They don't even... ]

I just laughed my ### off!???????

Apr 30, 2017, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Blah. They don't even... ]

??? Name one game that Tiger Band wasn't at.

May 1, 2017, 1:17 PM

Tiger Band is the ONLY college band program that is present at every game in some form. Yes many away games are Pep Band due to money but the last game Tiger Band missed I believe was 1996 at Missouri. I was part of that band that missed that game and it sucked not being there

Apr 30, 2017, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Blah. They don't even... ]

??? Name one game that Tiger Band wasn't at.

Apr 30, 2017, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Blah. They don't even... ]

Tiger band has 350 members. Thanks to my son and all his classmates. When he got there it was 250.

Apr 30, 2017, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Blah. They don't even... ]

Tiger Band does indeed go to every single game. They also practice just as much as the football team does. There is also something called home field advantage that having a band helps create not to mention bring along with them to every single away game the team goes to.

It's a psychological advantage to have a group like the band at away games to help the players feel a little more at home in hostile environments such as Auburn and FSU. Whether or not you believe that the players should be able to execute fully no matter where they play history shows that the home team wins around 2/3 of games in football, so there is definitely something to home field advantage. Having the band there at the away games makes it so the players can feel that bit of home and settle in amidst 80,000 people doing a chop and singing a fight song.

If that's not enough to convince you, Dabo himself backs Tiger Band and believes it to be an integral cog in everything that happens during the season.

May 1, 2017, 8:08 AM

You correct Dabo meets with the band before every season.

May 1, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Blah. They don't even... ]

Now that the band is much larger than it used to be, I don't believe they need the mic as badly as they used to. Also, people like you who don't appreciate the band are the type of people who push it into a dying art. The band is there for more than your entertainment (although, isn't the football team there only for your entertainment? ponder that...)

Anyway, aside from the mental reasons the band is there, it's also tradition (not just a Clemson tradition, but an American football tradition - except for NFL, but I think Baltimore has a band?) as are the cheerleaders. Before the idea of "hype music played over the PA system" the band was the only source for music.

Can't say I'm a homer for the band or the arts in general, but I respect it. Someone had to have a music background to create all that "hype music" you need to get you energized...

Apr 30, 2017, 11:18 PM

Seems silly...jmo

i get managers, video staff

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2017, 11:26 PM

Congratulations to our Tiger Band. The 2015 and 2016 seasons were special. My tickets were near Tiger Band and I loved my seats. Well done and a lot of hard work

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sweeeeet! Great job Tiger Band...well deserved.

May 1, 2017, 9:35 AM

Thanks for all your sacrifices to support Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to Tiger Band!***

May 1, 2017, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Where are the TNET National Championship rings? Well??***

May 2, 2017, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 42
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic