Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Nick Saban on Clemson loss: "I'll never get over it"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FB Update: Nick Saban on Clemson loss: "I'll never get over it"

Apr 20, 2017, 8:38 PM

Nick Saban on Clemson loss: "I'll never get over it"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama didn't play well????

Apr 20, 2017, 8:44 PM

Please. Give me a break. I don't know what game Nick was attending. Both teams played their hearts out. Why can't an SEC team just say: they were better than us? I used to like Nick until he said this stupidity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama didn't play well????

Apr 20, 2017, 8:53 PM

With you...thought Satan had finally Manned up with earlier comments ... but this is chicken $hit! Both teams played like Champions but we wore them down at the end. Maybe FSU can humble his slack A$$ in 2017. What a LOSER!

I get it...

Apr 21, 2017, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Alabama didn't play well???? ]

Saban is the ultimate perfectionist, so to him a loss means there was something wrong with his team. It's a blind spot. He doesn't simply concede that the other team was better, it has to be that someone on his team messed up. It's irritating and condescending, but I get it.

Re: I get it...

Apr 21, 2017, 9:34 AM

Yeah.. he will not let you break him. When he looses that mentality, the one you just stated, he losses his edge... that's how you bounce back year after year. If mentally I say you just flat out better then me, heck I've lost half the battle already..it works for him because when he losses he bounces back.

Re: I get it...

Apr 21, 2017, 11:34 AM

Absolutlely. He has to, and should have that mentality. He had a team that he hand picked from High Schools across the country. 5 Stars as backups.

We had the Wayne Gallmans, Jordan Leggetts, Ben Boulwares that had to be coached up to play at that level.

I think in his mind, he's blaming himself. And he should.

I'm sure the part that bothers him the most? He needed trick plays the year before to beat us, and still showed up underestimating us the second time.

Dabo has the same mentality. He focuses on Clemson.

Apr 21, 2017, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Alabama didn't play well???? ]

It's all about what can we do to get better.

We think, like Bama, if we play up to our standard, then we should beat anyone.

Re: Dabo has the same mentality. He focuses on Clemson.

Apr 21, 2017, 9:32 AM

Exactly!!!!!! when you start thinking you can't stop somebody or can't control things, you are done! As a coach you prepare for everything... everything and when something doesn't go in your favor it's about what you didn't do because it's something you covered and went over.. he isn't saying Clemson isn't good, he is saying we should have done things that we covered and went over.. better..I know people won't understand.

Re: Alabama didn't play well????

Apr 21, 2017, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Alabama didn't play well???? ]

HE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO ADMIT PUBLICLY THAT THE BEST TEAM WON! BOTTOM LINE.

Re: FB Update: Nick Saban on Clemson loss: "I'll never get over it"

Apr 20, 2017, 8:46 PM

Well........ too D@MN bad!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boo Hoo....go pay for for some 5 stars..***

Apr 20, 2017, 8:46 PM

Apr 20, 2017, 8:50 PM

Cry me a river, Nick.

It's always about what your team didn't do. It's never about the fact that this time, the other team was just better.

Boo hoo.

Apr 20, 2017, 9:15 PM

EXACTLY! TM25

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't play well my a$$. We took their best shot and got

Apr 20, 2017, 8:54 PM

back up and still beat them. They were headhunting in the first half. If they weren't wearing Bama uniforms there would have been quite a few ejections. We got stronger as the game went on period. He can say whatever makes him feel better at the end of the day but we wore them down. It's ok Nick, we feel like we should have had 2 National Championships in a row too. We beat the Mighty Alabama in the Championship game and no one else could do that. Clemson, little Clemson took your best shot and we got back up and put you on your a$$

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Didn't play well my a$$. We took their best shot and got

Apr 20, 2017, 9:06 PM

> back up and still beat them. They were headhunting
> in the first half. If they weren't wearing Bama
> uniforms there would have been quite a few ejections.
> We got stronger as the game went on period. He can
> say whatever makes him feel better at the end of the
> day but we wore them down. It's ok Nick, we feel
> like we should have had 2 National Championships in a
> row too. We beat the Mighty Alabama in the
> Championship game and no one else could do that.
> Clemson, little Clemson took your best shot and we
> e got back up and put you on your a$$

Point - true. After the '15 NC game, Dabo was laser focused_

Apr 20, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Didn't play well my a$$. We took their best shot and got ]

on five plays that led to the loss. That focus was on Clemson - what we could do to alter the outcome of those plays.

We eliminated those plays in the '16 NC game ... less than OJ Howard having a cloaking devise. The rest is history- Tigers win!

Also, if we don't break contain at DE on 3rd and 16

Apr 20, 2017, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Didn't play well my a$$. We took their best shot and got ]

and let Hurts fling a prayer over his head to the middle of the field then it's not even a nail biter because we score again after that stop.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Very reasonable comments. All great coaches, players & teams

Apr 20, 2017, 9:02 PM

have an internal sphere of focus and a dogma regarding control of their own destiny.

Successful people and organizations are the same.

Nothing really unexpected or can find fault.

Re: Very reasonable comments. All great coaches, players & teams

Apr 20, 2017, 11:24 PM

Yes, you go into a game thinking if you do what we have planned, regardless of the opponent, we will be fine. When you prepare and think that way, which is what you can control, you are going to think that you didn't execute the plan when you lose. That's how winners think. I'm sure Clemson feels the same way when they lose. You prepare for everything , all the other teams strengths and have game plans to stop it so in the end when it doesn't go in your favor , it can't be about them it's about what you didn't do.. winners mentality. You can't break a person who thinks like that. They will always think it was them as to why they list, not you..You can't break them..Once you start saying ohh we couldn't stop our opponent or they were just too good, well that becomes reality and there is no sense in working hard because you feel even if you bust your butt preparing, we still may not be good enough. Can't win thinking that way...not long term..

people like that do break... they break down muttering

Apr 21, 2017, 1:04 AM

which is what Saban is doing right now... and if he does not prepare for the fact that there is legitimate competition on the field, he will lose more and more. now is the time to realize that his status quo is threatened and adjust...

people and organizations that only look internally are still using fax machines and word processors or have gone the way of Blockbuster Video Stores... the world is changing and evolving, it's not only about you but how you adapt to that changing world...

"improvise, adapt, overcome"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: people like that do break... they break down muttering

Apr 21, 2017, 8:09 AM

I hear what you are saying. But remember he has lost plenty of times. They don't win it every year contrar to what a lot of people seem to think. So he is really breaking or saddling up and going back at it like he has in the past when he lost to Auburn or Ohio St? He has lost before. I don't think he discredits or doesn't believe others teams or great, I just think a lot of his success comes from his idea that no matter how good the other team maybe, win can win in spite of.. and really that's how you have to think..I'm enjoying the convo..

In competition, preparation is never done in isolation

Apr 23, 2017, 11:19 AM

Saban may not admit that there was anything that Clemson did to win but that bama did everything to lose, but behind closed doors, he is looking at the fact that they got outplayed. And if he doesn't admit that they got outplayed, they will get outplayed again. If any team only has to look at themselves, then don't watch film of the other teams... Put on blinders and don't even look at your schedule to see who you play next... Focus solely on your team and watch your results decline...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"internal sphere of focus and a dogma..."

Apr 21, 2017, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Very reasonable comments. All great coaches, players & teams ]

This sounds like the BS my jerk of an ex-boss used to spout. It sounds profound but means very little.

Two examples of the opposite ...Petrino & Jimbo

Apr 21, 2017, 9:18 AM

Petrino whining about the down marker! Compare to saying "Our defense has to get some stops in the 4th quarter. And my WR has to score on that play. We made both coaching and execution mistakes with the game on the line. That is on me."

Jimbo complaining about late hits on Francois. "Francois got hit to much. We have to dial up better protection calls and our guys got to block better. That starts in game planning and practice."

Apr 20, 2017, 9:20 PM

I'm sure it's all in good fun but don't you love that picture of Dabo pointing at Nick and laughing?
I think I'd like a copy of that framed for my collection. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like Nick is living in another state

Apr 20, 2017, 10:07 PM

The state of Denial

Why are we posting highlight videos made by Bama fans. Half

Apr 20, 2017, 10:19 PM

the winning drive is not shown on this video.

Three clear targeting crown of helmet to helmet NOT called

Apr 20, 2017, 10:53 PM

2 against Watson and one against Williams. If that first one got called, they would have lost their best defensive player, and Tigers would have won handily!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Washington and Clemson" ??? What the he!! does Wasington

Apr 20, 2017, 11:08 PM

have to do with anything? Bama beat the crap outta them and didn't break a sweat.

Apr 20, 2017, 11:22 PM

No doubt about it, the best win of my 54 all in years as a Clemson Tiger. And I expected our Tigers to win the game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2017, 11:27 PM

Nick just better be glad that they weren't called for those two absolutely targeting non calls!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"But we didn't play to our strengths, and that's my fault."

Apr 20, 2017, 11:45 PM

When Saban says that Bama didn't play to their strengths, does he mean they weren't successful in their efforts to knock DeShaun out of the game?

Only way to get over it is to quit coaching college foot.***

Apr 21, 2017, 7:49 AM

Losing sleep making 10 million/yr. Rough life.***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:08 AM

Apr 21, 2017, 9:44 AM

Agghh nothing like the power of opinions making folks mad. A few weeks ago you guys was in love with him after his comments, now he says his team didn't play well now you guys wanna trash him again. What happened to the love fest? Or does that only imply when you speak highly of Clemson?

SEC! SEC! SEC! Hang on... Those coattails are stretching...***

Apr 21, 2017, 9:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC! SEC! SEC! Hang on... Those coattails are stretching...***

Apr 21, 2017, 9:58 AM

Just like when I state my opinion I get called a coot. Which just proves my point even more

Doesn't "imply" for me... I NEVER had a love fest for Nicki.

Apr 21, 2017, 10:04 AM

He's all about HIS wins and not so much about his 'mens'....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't "imply" for me... I NEVER had a love fest for Nicki.

Apr 21, 2017, 10:41 AM

I don't think you know how he treats his players, you're not in the locker room.

Correct. I don't. I only read about the results.....***

Apr 21, 2017, 10:53 AM

He'll get over it next year

Apr 21, 2017, 2:50 PM

when we beat him 2 out of 3 and he has that to think about instead!

Good***

Apr 21, 2017, 2:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His anguish makes the championship that much sweeter

Apr 21, 2017, 6:49 PM

IMO, his anguish makes winning that game sweeter. He doesn't have to acknowledge Clemson being superior that night. The very fact that he knows they lost and the trophy resides in Clemson is enough for me. To a competitor like him that's going to gnaw at his very core for a long time to come.

I absolutely can't stand highlight videos with bad

Apr 21, 2017, 7:39 PM

music or any music in the background. Ruins the whole game experience.

Is it just me? ;)

Re: I absolutely can't stand highlight videos with bad

Apr 21, 2017, 9:38 PM

he just doesn't want to admit publicly that the best team, coaches and fans won!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic