Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson

Feb 25, 2016, 7:39 AM

NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson

Feb 25, 2016, 8:47 AM

No Respect. The complete and total lack of respect that these so called "experts" afford Clemson is just staggering. What else do they want Venables and the defense to do? They have been dominant the last two years in play and statistics. These are the SAME people that they are now saying MIGHT make a good backup. That's why these so called experts are all free agents. If you are worth a darn at evaluating talent, you are already employed by a pro team.

If BJ & Ben were faster laterally then we would have beat the Broncos!

Feb 25, 2016, 8:52 AM

But they aren't or weren't so they helped Clemson to "just" 14 straight wins!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you expect all Clemson players to be 1st or 2nd rounders?

Feb 25, 2016, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson ]

A couple months ago i wasn't sure Goodson would even get drafted so this sounds pretty good to me.

Re: Do you expect all Clemson players to be 1st or 2nd rounders?

Feb 25, 2016, 9:40 AM

They are Clemson fans not football fans. I for one am ecstatic to see this as I thought he would be an UDFA special teamer.

Feb 26, 2016, 3:00 AM

### are you talking about? I'm both, sorry to disappoint you guys so much by what I said. Unreal. Goodson had 19 tackles and an interception in the Orange Bowl but Boulware won defensive player of the game. Maybe you're just a headline reader and don't know anything about football whatsoever. The guy flew under the radar the entire year. By December 2015, he had 15 tackles for loss, Ben had 7. And he was a co-starter as a redshirt sophomore so why the other guy is saying it took 5 years, well I can't even figure that out.

Against Florida State, he recovered a fumble with 2 minutes left, remember that? He had 2 sacks in that game, 3.5 tackles for loss and 12 solo tackles. When Ben Boulware was hurt for the last what, 4 games of the year, who picked up his slack? BJ Goodson

He LED the number one team in the nation in tackles with 108 this year, one of the best Clemson teams that I've personally ever seen in my lifetime. He had 5.5 sacks and 3 clutch interceptions. There were not many plays I watched this year that didn't have BJ Goodson involved in on defense. Am I a Clemson fan? #### right I am. Are you?? If you're a football fan and don't respect a 4.7 40 speed on a 6'1" 250lb guy that plays through the whistle and has improved year over year than I don't know think either of you are worth arguing with.

Bottom line, I did nothing but praise BJ because he deserves it. I've never met a true Clemson fan OR a fan of the game that would argue that point given his performance this year or thumbs down someone on TigerNet for doing so. Whatever

Feb 27, 2016, 10:41 AM

If he runs a combine 4.7 or lower, I'll be stunned.

Feb 27, 2016, 1:15 PM

I doubt lower but I'm just recalling what I've read. His low was 4.69, his high was 4.9 while at Clemson. He's been working out for weeks at TNT with Joe Don Reames in Anderson County so it's not a complete impossibility for him to run a 4.7.

Feb 25, 2016, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson ]

So they are projecting him as an NFL backup with potential future starter potential and you think this is a slap in the face of Clemson football?? That seems a bit delusional and humoresque. I love Goodson, but he couldn't start here until year 5, and all season we saw his limitations as far as coverage ability, speed, and athleticism. He's a great kid, with a great motor, talent, and tremendous heart and toughness, but this evaluation is not only fair, but something for us to be excited about for BJ.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2016, 9:13 AM

Man #### these so-called experts. I'll tell you one thing... If we lost BJ early in the year last season, there's a 90% chance we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. He consistently cleaned up messes and made up for people's missed assignments, blown coverages & injuries all year long. He plays through the whistle every single down. Kearse? He earned the taint on his analysis but this guy? Sorry sir, whoever you are - you are wrong. BJ was Stephone Anthony's protege since he was 15 years old and finished at Clemson just as strong and we all see how well Mr. Anothony faired in his rookie season.

Get after it BJ. Prove the doubters wrong like we always do. You'll always be respected as a Clemson legend in my book.

What are you so upset about? The knock here is that Goodson

Feb 25, 2016, 9:17 AM

may be a little limited in terms of speed and athleticism. Is that so hard to believe? Everybody is a lot faster in the NFL.

Feb 25, 2016, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson ]

OK, let me post this here for you as well...

So they are projecting him as an NFL backup with potential future starter potential and you think this is a slap in the face of Clemson football?? That seems a bit delusional and humoresque. I love Goodson, but he couldn't start here until year 5, and all season we saw his limitations as far as coverage ability, speed, and athleticism. He's a great kid, with a great motor, talent, and tremendous heart and toughness, but this evaluation is not only fair, but something for us to be excited about for BJ.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2016, 5:09 PM

Seems fair.

Feb 26, 2016, 2:28 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson ]

That's how you interpreted what I said? And what I said was worthy of a thumbs down from you? Seriously? Get fd. I swear... Some of you take that little "R" next to your handle way too fn seriously. I inferred a slap to the face of the Clemson football program? Jesus man, go for a job or ask someone for a hug. That was the most unwarranted TD I've seen yet.

Did Dodd, Lawson, Beasley start their freshman year? Grady Jarrett didn't start until he was a junior. Does he suck too? Some people take longer to develop. Some people are praised out of high school and fall off. Some people like Tajh Boyd break record after record and end up playing the bench in Canada and end up being a hype man on a campaign trail for a failing politician. You're a dik.

Agreed, the kid was a two star out of HS

Feb 27, 2016, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: NFL.com's scouting report of B.J. Goodson ]

And became a starter in the ncaa championship caliber team. 2 star to NFL employee is pretty awesome. Shows he's not afraid of hard work

Pretty good synopsis of what we saw this year.

Feb 25, 2016, 9:35 AM

Overall favorable opinion while touching on obvious concerns teams will have with BJ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Goodson got a better grade than Kearse***

Feb 25, 2016, 7:39 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic