Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: NC State's Doeren responds to Swinney comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: NC State's Doeren responds to Swinney comments

Nov 8, 2017, 1:06 PM

NC State's Doeren responds to Swinney comments

NC State coach Dave Doeren responded Wednesday to Clemson coach Dabo Swinney's comments on "laptop-gate" from over the weekend. Doeren called Clemson out postga Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well handled - he got served and best to hope the story dies

Nov 8, 2017, 1:09 PM

well handled by him - he got served and best to hope the story dies rather than keep it going.

Best part of Doofus Doren's quote about Dabo...

Nov 8, 2017, 1:11 PM

"He [Dabo] has a big game this week."

Unlike his team. Their window for winning big games the next few years just closed.

Re: Best part of Doofus Doren's quote about Dabo...

Nov 8, 2017, 1:13 PM

ha that did stick out to me. Again - he needs to worry about his own team. He shouldn't even know who we are playing. O he does know because he is praying we lose and that he somehow finds a way to win out.

That's him hoping we lose so he can back into contention.***

Nov 8, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Best part of Doofus Doren's quote about Dabo... ]

is that his way of saying that he was wrong with the way

Nov 8, 2017, 1:13 PM

he handled his press conference after the game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like that's all he can muster.

Nov 8, 2017, 2:20 PM

And he ignored the coach-push and ball-swipe. And what is he even talking about with a drone and sending towels over?

He made himself out to be even more of a tool in the way he addressed it all.

Re: Looks like that's all he can muster.

Nov 8, 2017, 2:48 PM

Dabo said in his interview that they were ordering new towels to replace the ones taken and they were going to have them delivered by drones. But no question or response from him about his sideline staff trying to hit the ball out of our DB's hands. This is the second occurrence of a coach or staff trying to hurt our players at NCState.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like that's all he can muster.

Nov 8, 2017, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Looks like that's all he can muster. ]

He's saying we are whining about the towel issue. I still say Dabo or the Athletic Dept should get a towel embroidered with Bryant's name on it and send it to Chubb, or maybe enough for the whole team, including Doren(sp).

Is it just me, or does the picture accompanying this article

Nov 8, 2017, 1:18 PM

look like they are having a spat and Doorknob just doesn't want to listen to any of it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: yeah I suspect it was selected just for that

Nov 8, 2017, 1:20 PM

really fits

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: NC State's Doeren responds to Swinney comments

Nov 8, 2017, 1:18 PM

Still no phone call.

Very smart move, Doeren. Know when you are defeated and move

Nov 8, 2017, 1:26 PM

on. Now if you could've just done that Saturday, Dabo would not have had to b-slap you back into your place.

That works and that's fine. And he's right that it's not a big deal.

Nov 8, 2017, 1:29 PM

But it does annoy me that he brushes it off as saying something after a tough loss. He's the adult male coach of a college football team. He doesn't get a free pass to whine or make even subtle accusations against the opponent that beat him or the refs...at least not for a couple of close calls. Grow up and lead your team. It's bad enough you said it, but you could have made amends the next day abut you chose not to. Then Dabo calls you out on it and you still don't acknowledge your mistake, small as it was.

I recall years ago when Bill Cowher took a photo of a play where they were called for something that was wrong (like too many men on the field) and he ran over to the official that called it, yelled at it and stuffed it in his shirt pocket. The media loved it. The next day he's being interviews and he apologized and said he didn't want to set an example like that. No one forces him to do that. And he's coaching professionals. But he knew what was appropriate and what wasn't.

null

Re: That works and that's fine. And he's right that it's not a big deal.

Nov 8, 2017, 1:36 PM

DD never even suggests he may have said something out of line. Which leads me to believe he'll probably continue being Dumb Doeren.

Re: That works and that's fine. And he's right that it's not a big deal.

Nov 8, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to That works and that's fine. And he's right that it's not a big deal. ]

He should have apologized via phone and then addressed the issues with his coaches.

Stay by your computers for tomorrow's installment of...

Nov 8, 2017, 1:39 PM

How The World Turns All My Children toward General Hospital. Starring DH, TC and BM and the rest of Tnet's staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stay by your computers - my normal one or

Nov 8, 2017, 1:44 PM

my illegal sideline one? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A REAL gentleman..........

Nov 8, 2017, 1:44 PM

would have apologized --particularly for a staff member taking a swipe at K'von--coming off an assistant pushing Deshaun two years ago. Something is WRONG with your program when ppl on your staff are initiating contact with opposing players. Most ppl have too much pride to dig deep and do what's right and accept responsibility. DD and his program are the epitome of zero class

Message was edited by: JREwing®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does a 'real gentleman,' have to do with a...

Nov 8, 2017, 2:50 PM

conversation about Davie?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 1:48 PM

Doeren says, “At the end of the game when you lose a game that has conference championship implications on it, sometimes things are going to be said and I don't think it's a big deal”.

Allow me to translate that for you - If things don’t go my way, I start talking out of my backside and that’s what you should expect from me.

Nov 8, 2017, 1:51 PM

I love his misuse of the term "politically correct".

Instead of saying "I'm not a politically correct guy", he should have said "I talk out of my ###"

Yes, that too. Just because you can't control your

Nov 8, 2017, 2:05 PM

emotions and blurt out stupid accusations doesn't mean your "not PC".

null

unfounded cheating suspicion=big deal; false accusations=NOT

Nov 8, 2017, 2:06 PM

Sorry, no dice - things don't just "get said" -- Nice attempt to try to portray irresponsible, unsubstantiated, self-serving accusations as unpreventable accidents that just "happen" somehow on their own, out there in the ether somehow. Sorry but generic things didn't just involuntarily "get said." Particular people say particular things. In this case, a juvenile person made an unsubstantiated accusation (or at least innuendo) of cheating, out of pure frustration, and then was small enough after the fact to chalk it up to the universe just giving us all lemons, out of which we must make some weak-as($) lemonade.

Nov 8, 2017, 2:07 PM

Doeren said a whole bunch of words but forgot the only two that matter:

I’m sorry.

will be pulling hard for BC this weekend***

Nov 8, 2017, 2:10 PM

yes. go BC!!***

Nov 8, 2017, 2:59 PM

A BC win clinches the Atlantic division for us

Nov 8, 2017, 3:51 PM [ in reply to will be pulling hard for BC this weekend*** ]

so I'd be pulling for them regardless. Dave D makes it very easy though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 2:22 PM

So passionate is the new word for jerk?

Nov 8, 2017, 2:33 PM

As expected, he avoided everything. He said he is not a politically correct guy but his answers were 100% politically correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a toadynad....

Nov 8, 2017, 3:41 PM

I hope BC breaks-off their foot in his a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 8, 2017, 5:24 PM

The guy was hurting and can't respond with class. So be it. We are fortunate to have a coach that sets the bar high. Let's move on...

Nov 8, 2017, 5:32 PM

Doeren sounds like a Democrat that has just lost an election.

Great analogy!***

Nov 8, 2017, 6:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Doeren is a D-bag and this sounds like something a D-bag

Nov 8, 2017, 8:19 PM

forced himself to say. As genuine as a politician. "I'm not politically correct" reads like "I have no class"

Perfect for NCSU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

It's obvious that he now realizes that he can't get the

Nov 9, 2017, 5:00 AM

toothpaste back in the tube. It's one thing to have a competitive spirit; it's another to throw out unfounded accusations about your opponent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic