Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Louisville RB out for the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

FB Update: Louisville RB out for the season

Sep 11, 2017, 2:02 PM

Louisville RB out for the season

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Louisville RB out for the season

Sep 11, 2017, 2:22 PM

The DB Alexander would be a bigger loss if he can't go, I know he was banged up week 1, but haven't heard anything else.

Wrong. UL RB is Jackson.***

Sep 11, 2017, 2:40 PM

Re: Wrong. UL RB is Jackson.***

Sep 11, 2017, 3:46 PM

I agree, Jackson is the running back. He will not relinquish the glory of having it all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 3:57 PM

Gus said his RB would not play against us and he did.
I expect this dude to play too.

Sep 11, 2017, 5:21 PM

One of the co-starters didn't play, got hurt last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, that's Kerryon Johnson and he didn't play.***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:06 PM

Sep 11, 2017, 4:46 PM

Jackson accounts for 85+% of their offense anyway. Losing this guy means little.

Sep 11, 2017, 5:29 PM

I'm pretty sure this guy had his season high carries against us last year as a fullback for them. It is a loss. One less wrinkle in their O that we have to worry about. He was the one that converted a few of their third downs when it looked lack a passing situation and he just took off between the tackles.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 9:38 PM

Jeremy Smith had been flirting with losing the job after fumbling the ball twice inside the five yard line against Purdue. The dude has ball security issues that carried over from 2016.
Petrino has and probably will go with Malik Williams, who carried the ball 13 times for 149 yards against UNC. Still, it's depth, and that obviously hurts. Occasionally they line Reggie Bonnafon, who ironically started at QB against you guys in the 2014 game, in the back position.

Jaire Alexander, rumor has it, will not be starting this Saturday. Apparently he is several more weeks out from playing.

Sep 11, 2017, 10:41 PM

You're kidding me. Another one. Auburnfan 2.0. Oh brother here we go.

Sep 11, 2017, 10:45 PM

?

Sep 12, 2017, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Louisville RB out for the season ]

Bonnafon is an interesting character. Me thinks when he's lined up in the backfield, he's more than likely going to be a safety valve checkdown for Lamar. He's definitely not built for pass blocking. He CAN run between the tackles, but I haven't seen it much this year so far. Jeremy Smith did have some impact last year in the game, but I think it was more of Hikutini to made our LB's have to be hesitant to rush Jackson because it would free that guy up for a 10 yard pass that would turn into a 26 yard play. If they can't rush the ball on us early, It will put them in obvious passing downs. Which means one dimensional. Which means Lamar's juke game better be on level 100 because he will have people in his face all night. UNC's D-line is nothing like Clemson's, but they did get a little pressure. I'm more worried about either Muse or Wallace being out of place on a play-action play and getting beat deep over the middle. That's where all of Jackson's big pass plays have been. Missed assignments by a safety that they lulled asleep with Run-Pass Option plays earlier in the game.

Sep 12, 2017, 3:26 PM

Looks to me like both offenses are less than what they were a year ago. But the defenses? No contest. The Tigers are much more ferocious. If the Tiger D is as good as it was against the Trucculent Birdies, the Cardinals will be their second straight fowl feeding. More Eagle dumplings the following week. :)

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic