Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team"

Jan 4, 2017, 10:37 AM

Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team"

Jan 4, 2017, 10:39 AM

Jesus H Christ. Be quiet dude

Jan 4, 2017, 10:42 AM

Dabo needs to reel him in a little. Stop giving the press access till after the game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you want him to say?

Jan 4, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team" ]

"Yeah Bama is better than us, we're gonna lose"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: What do you want him to say? No comment

Jan 4, 2017, 10:45 AM

would be nice

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, let me rephrase my question

Jan 4, 2017, 10:51 AM

What's bad about what he said?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Ok, let me rephrase my question

Jan 4, 2017, 10:54 AM

nothing,.... if we win... lose, and he makes himself and the clemson family look foolish!!

Are you kidding me? So it's your belief that if we lose

Jan 4, 2017, 10:58 AM

Monday night to #1 ranked Alabama this one statement by Johnson will make both him and the "Clemson family" look foolish? You truly believe that?

I agree with gwp

Jan 4, 2017, 11:04 AM

What he said was no harm at all. He was pretty complimentary of Alabama throughout the interview. Some fans are just too sensitive

you're treading in dangerous waters

Jan 4, 2017, 11:10 AM

aligning yourself with a coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Ok, let me rephrase my question

Jan 4, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Ok, let me rephrase my question ]

I love it. You have to have a badass attitude to play in the secondary. Mac had it, Jayron had it and now Jadar has it.

Would be cool if some posters on the board followed that

Jan 4, 2017, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you want him to say? No comment ]

advice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were the best team in the country last year. Still didn't

Jan 4, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to What do you want him to say? ]

win the trophy.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Why would he say that?***

Jan 4, 2017, 10:50 AM

To "keep it real. "***

Jan 4, 2017, 10:53 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He threw in "honestly". That was way over the line. He

Jan 4, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to What do you want him to say? ]

might as well have slapped Saban out of his booster shoes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

His use of the word "feel" is a little insensitive as well

Jan 4, 2017, 10:52 AM

in light of the whole Christian Wilkins thing that's going on

To be honest, he kind of slapped us in the face with his

Jan 4, 2017, 10:57 AM

"better team" wording. Why not the "best" team? I thought it was the standard?
So now "Better is the standard" ?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you want him to say?

Jan 4, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to What do you want him to say? ]

He doesn't have to say either one. He should have said something like "They're a great team, we're going to have to play the best game all year." Butter them up, it's something all the other players and coaches do all the time.

Eff that noise, he should pound the table and

Jan 4, 2017, 11:01 AM

let everyone know Clemson is coming and Bama is about to get runned the #### over. The media has buttered up Bama all year long, no need for our players to do it. I want our players to let the world know we're the best.

Jan 4, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you want him to say? ]

Maybe that's Jadar's ploy. Since everybody else is using butter, he feels a little hot sauce is needed to burn some 'Bama behind. What the heck, get them pissed a little and see if maybe they don't take some unnecessary penalties or lose focus just a bit. Perhaps the Kiffin situation will bring just a little more confusion to the 'Bama table. Anything to throw them off.

Jan 4, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to What do you want him to say? ]

not a #### THING!!!!... how bout that?!?!?!

That's lame and cowardly. Our players are elite, they know

Jan 4, 2017, 11:03 AM

it, they believe it. No need to be little girls about it because you're afraid Bama might get their feelings hurt or get mad.

Jan 4, 2017, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team" ]

Dude chill out. He should say that

Did you listen to this before commenting?

Jan 4, 2017, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team" ]

He repeatedly says over and over again that he believes the Clemson defense has to play well and play assignment football and that if they cut down on mental mistakes they will do well.

He praises their QB and RB as good and that they must contain them.

He is directly asked about the clout given to Bama, and he simply says that this is a new year and he doesn't think they're over rated. He says they're good, but he thinks Clemson is better. He says that Clemson can "Hang with them in the fight". He reiterates that his comments last week about the his comments last week about Barrett were misconstrued, and then refuses the bait about Hurts.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, then there's something wrong with title of article.

Jan 5, 2017, 7:01 AM

Boom

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

LMAO...You think his comments have an impact on the game...

Jan 4, 2017, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team" ]

Bwahahahahaha!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it really hurt us against OSU.

Jan 4, 2017, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Johnson: "I honestly feel like we are the better team" ]

If the dude is confident and backs it up, I have ZERO issue.

Intimidation and mental games are a part of football.

Jan 4, 2017, 10:42 AM

]}]}]#

Challenge Hurts passing ability please. Can he do more than

Jan 4, 2017, 10:43 AM

just hand it off?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I know he's confident and a senior leader but keep him away from the media for the next 5 days. Just keep backing it up with your play.
Go Tigers.

Well he did say he was not going to bring up their QB...

Jan 4, 2017, 10:49 AM

So far so good. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all can be critical of his comments if you want but this

Jan 4, 2017, 10:49 AM

is a mind game. Bama has never been asked the last several years to prove themselves the better team by being called out. This actually puts added pressure on them to prove Johnson wrong. With the OC change and Saban looking somewhat desperate it wouldn't surprise me if Bama plays very tight game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, if he didn't believe that, would you want him

Jan 4, 2017, 11:30 AM

playing? I don't think it matters one way or another. Alabama will be ready to play, regardless.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Bama disrespected Washington, not shaking hands at coin toss

Jan 4, 2017, 12:17 PM

Clemson will not be intimidated. You don't bow down to them. You be respectful, but you have a friggin spine! Everyone was in an uproar after his comments prior to the Fiesta Bowl. Like then, I'm not worried! Spot the dang ball!

After watching the entire video, I call BS one this one

Jan 4, 2017, 12:34 PM

They were constantly baiting him to say something stupid and he didn't. Shame on Tigernet for giving Bama BB material just to get click bait.

Re: After watching the entire video, I call BS one this one

Jan 5, 2017, 8:00 AM

Agree completely.....watch the interview. He basically would not answer half the questions because he did not want to bring attention to the team.

Athletes shouldn't have to walk on eggshells with the media

Jan 4, 2017, 12:38 PM

Johnson never said anything about Barrett that was disrespectful, he answered a question honestly. Same as this here. He thinks we're better. Why even have press conferences if everyone is going to act like a drone? Bulletin board material is the most overhyped thing ever. You're either better than the other team or not. If we came out this year and said SC State sucks and doesn't belong on the same field, would the score be any different? No, they'd still get blown out. It would be great if Johnson would have said, "I've seem the tape and Hurts isn't that good of a passer. If we stop the run game then they don't score."

Jan 4, 2017, 1:20 PM

Yet another "Fox Newsesque" misleading headline.

stupid is as stupid does....

Jan 4, 2017, 3:35 PM

seriously.

Bama's won 4 out of 7 Natty's.

You don't talk those kind of teams away,

you have to beat them on the field.

JJ needs to stPHu.

Jan 5, 2017, 7:59 AM

He barely would say anything. His openness was gone.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic