Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Jaguars announce Marion Hobby as DL coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

FB Update: Jaguars announce Marion Hobby as DL coach

Jan 18, 2017, 6:26 PM

Jaguars announce Marion Hobby as DL coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him. Best of luck coach!***

Jan 18, 2017, 6:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$#!*&@ $!&&# *(¥#!$@$

Jan 18, 2017, 6:32 PM

Furthermore, @!*!**/ #!%@ $*&&/; $€@/ #!$@& *@$!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude...

Jan 18, 2017, 7:35 PM

I agree! $#!*&@ $!&&# *(¥#!$@$, @!*!**/ #!%@ $*&&/; $€@/ #!$@& *@$! and *(#%(*&#$%%@#)(@$ (sorry if I offended anyone with that last part...)

But we should remember, when the groundwork is laid, construction is always easier. Our OC's have done well since Morris took his wares elsewhere and I suspect Dabo & Venables already have this covered.

Good luck Marion and thanks for all you did for the Tigers!!!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude...

Jan 18, 2017, 10:06 PM

Well said! Our coaches are great coaches and great men. Other programs will covet them, and I want to have coaches who are so great that other programs lust after them. Kudos to Dabo for hiring and bringing along those kind of coaches and those type men. We are doing something (a lot of things) very right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude...

Jan 19, 2017, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Dude... ]

I'm happy for him and thankful for all that he did to help the football team. However, my immediate thought, right or wrong, was how his departure would affect recruiting. He has already built great rapport with some big time recruits and losing him may negatively affect some of those studs. I'm sure that Dabo and company are reaching out to all of the recruits and reassuring them, but it may still hurt us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Jaguars announce Marion Hobby as DL coach

Jan 18, 2017, 6:34 PM

Best of luck! Thank you!

Jan 18, 2017, 6:43 PM

Well congrats to coach Hobby! We need a name coach with great track record this is a huge loss. Brooks Hobby duo will be hard to replace.

Jan 18, 2017, 6:35 PM

If he didn't leave this year he was gone in the next year or two. It's obvious he wants to be in the NFL now so better to let him go. Good luck Coach!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2017, 6:37 PM

Well ####

Jan 18, 2017, 6:45 PM

I know the NFL is the highest level but this just reeks of a bad career move. The Jags are terrible and Marrone will probably be fired in a few years. If he stayed he would have great DL prospects that would've made his resume even better. Plus he was probably first in line to replace Venables if he ever leaves.

Sometimes don't try to be happier than happy

Venables has DC for the foreseeable future likely big reason

Jan 18, 2017, 7:50 PM

He would have probably been promoted to DC had V left in the next couple of years but seeing that he's going to be here for the next 4 had to be a factor. He's 50, there's no place for a promotion here, and he wants to be at least a DC somewhere before he retires. Getting an NFL gig is going to create alot more opportunities.

Jan 18, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Jaguars announce Marion Hobby as DL coach ]

The man made a decision for him and his family... How can you say it's a bad career move?

Jan 18, 2017, 6:46 PM

Took long enough. Can't help but hate this decision or the way he went about it, sorry. He obviously knew Saturday and the coaches should have said something. Makes it all look shady. Whatever man. The paper chase is real.

Jan 18, 2017, 11:12 PM

What do you mean by "He obviously knew Saturday and the coaches should have said something"?

Jan 18, 2017, 11:35 PM

Meant to say "should have said something to the coaches". I keep seeing all these amazing uploads on the clemsonfb IG page about Coach Brooks, they had a retirement party for him, gave him a ball signed by everyone, gave him a jersey with the #400 on it. Dabo said "he's as good a coach as there is in football, he's as good a man as there is in the world." I haven't seen a single thing about coach Hobby in the last 72 hours. And it might be speculation but I can't help but feel like his departure wasn't well-received or well-timed. There's just a right way and a wrong way to things in my opinion. And no one likes to be blindsided by news like this.

Either way, we appreciate all he's done and a good thing can't always last forever. I trust in our staff and I know, despite the impact this will inevitably have on recruiting (especially for that certain someone who's been very vocal on twitter today), that Dabo will reload with the best man / men for the job.

Jan 19, 2017, 12:22 AM

we don't know when Hobby was offered or how it all went down, so that's kinda hard and unfair to speculate on. I feel sure that after the relationship they have and as long as they have known each other, no bridges were burned. I'm sure they hate to see him go, but I feel certain that Dabo understands how this business works.

i think the situation with Coach Brooks is different. He is retiring, finished at Clemson by winning a national title. They are celebrating a great career. Coach Hobby's career isn't over, but I'm sure everyone has made sure to let him know how much he is appreciated and how much of an impact he has had on these kids and the clemson football team. you're right tho, coaches can't last forever. But there will always be good coaches that want to come to clemson

Good for him, but that blows....

Jan 18, 2017, 6:49 PM

for recruiting. Unless we get anew absolute rock star replacement. I have no doubt that Coach V and CDS will bring in someone great.

It was bound to happen and it's a good reflection of the program.

Had to get this feeling when a day and a half went by

Jan 18, 2017, 6:52 PM

and no one from Clemson denied anything. Dabo will find a good replacement.

Jan 18, 2017, 6:52 PM

Best wishes. Hate to see you go coach, but good luck.

Thank you Coach!

Jan 18, 2017, 6:57 PM

You will be missed. GOOD LUCK!

Jan 18, 2017, 6:58 PM

I hate this and know it is a big loss. All we can do is say thanks and wish him well. Anyone that thinks they know what's best for him or if this is a good or bad move doesn't know HIS situation. There is always something that we in the public don't know and for anyone to think they know what's best for him and his family should just be quiet. I'm sure that Dabo is prepared for situations like this and either was grooming assistants to fill those spots or has a list of great candidates. It's quite possible that Dabo knew about these things a week ago or longer and has been talking with people to fill the positions.

Jan 18, 2017, 7:02 PM

Lemansky Hall come on down....you're the next assistant on the Line is Right!

Don't think so, he'll be the tenth assistant when added

Jan 18, 2017, 7:04 PM

Need someone with experience on the DL along side of him

He'd have more success at Clemson

Jan 18, 2017, 7:02 PM

Than he will at Jacksonville. But it comes down to who pays more, I guess. Best of luck to him. Hopefully they have an equal or better replacement in place. I trust Dabo and co.

Jan 18, 2017, 7:18 PM

I despise Tom Coughlin. Thanks!

Thanks for a job well done !***

Jan 18, 2017, 7:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats and many thanks to Coach Hobby.

Jan 18, 2017, 7:47 PM

Gave up a DC position to come to Clemson to be part of something remarkably special.

Best wishes and hopes for tremendous success at the next level!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you freakin' kidding me....

Jan 18, 2017, 9:03 PM

Tavaris Barnes
Andre Branch
Shaq Lawson
Kevin Dodd
Vic Beasley
Courtnei Broan
Corey Crawford
Malliciah Goodman

Austin Bryant
Clelin Ferrell
Christian Wilkins

Coach Hobby should have just started his own NFL team....

Congrats to you sir!

The best developer of DE talent in the country

Jan 18, 2017, 9:21 PM

Not gonna lie, this one stings. But, I trust Dabo will make a hire that makes us proud. Good luck Hobby, and thanks for everything you done for Clemson University.

Jan 18, 2017, 9:35 PM

How much of a raise for him? Money must be really good to leave the line he has now!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 18, 2017, 9:57 PM

A big THANK YOU to Coach Hobby for everything YOU have done for Clemson Football the last 6 years !! Hate to see you leave and you will be missed. Good luck to you in Jacksonville. GO TIGERS!!!

Bad move if u ask me. Last time didn't work out well!

Jan 18, 2017, 10:04 PM

I think he had his calling as the defensive line coach at Clemson had he stayed!

Jan 18, 2017, 10:08 PM

We will miss these guys, but it just shows that we are doing things right at Clemson, and others want some of what we now have. This is what I have longed for for a long time. We are now there, folks! Lil old Clemson! Imagine that!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No worries, now Dabo gets to do what he does best, hire

Jan 18, 2017, 10:34 PM

great assistants.

Thanks for your great work coach. Good luck in Jacksonville.

Jan 18, 2017, 10:50 PM

Yeah good luck to Coach Hobby but if it was money it looks like we would have gladly paid that...

For me if promo he wants then take DL coach job here. DL job at Clemson more respectable ( now) than at Jackson... more visibility here imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a setup

Jan 18, 2017, 11:00 PM

To hire Xavier Thomas' coach! ??

IN A RELATED STORY:

Jan 19, 2017, 12:20 AM

XT has committed to the JAGS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic