Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Internal ACC memo shows ACC Network still on track despite ESPN layoffs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

FB Update: Internal ACC memo shows ACC Network still on track despite ESPN layoffs

May 4, 2017, 8:01 AM

Internal ACC memo shows ACC Network still on track despite ESPN layoffs

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I'm really naive but I just assumed the deal was

May 4, 2017, 8:27 AM

still on. Considering that they made such a big deal about presenting and announcing it, I had no idea we were on such shaky ground that the commish was having to reassure the presidents that it was still ago. The fact that he had to send that memo is not really a good sign if you ask me.

Re: FB Update: Internal ACC memo shows ACC Network still on track despite ESPN layoffs

May 4, 2017, 8:45 AM

fullspeed ahead. what a joke=glacial speed maybe

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kanell > Bowden... Petition to follow.***

May 4, 2017, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Internal ACC memo shows ACC Network still on track despite ESPN layoffs

May 4, 2017, 9:22 AM

I would be willing to bet that the ACC Network will be no less than 2 years late coming. And that is bc of our commissioners balls are soft and to small to raise his voice and demand ESEC pn to do what was promised. It's better for ESEC pn without an ACC network. It forces all the ACC TVs over to the ESEC pn network when televising ESEC games VS ACC conference games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 9:29 AM

ACC Extra is out there now, I watched the Baseball series with UNC on it. I think any foot ball games that were not on other broadcast stations were on ACC extra... I think there are only games on it,,, but that is all I watch on ESPN anyway.... I subscribe to Sling but should be other access.

The way that digital content is packaged and streamed is

May 4, 2017, 9:36 AM

advancing rapidly. The push for a linear network is a short-term thing. The technology - TVs becoming just another smart devices- will make traditional cable a thing of the past over the next decade. The ACC Network is still a viable option-- just the delivery of the content will need to be nimble. Not sure dumping a bunch into linear is the best biz approach but there will be a transition period where it needs to be available on both and believe that cost of operation falls on ESPN. Traditional cable is becoming the rabbit ears of the late 70's and early 80's.(though rabbit ears have come back due to traditional cable costs and pairing with non-linear programming)

Cable companies aren't helping themselves either.

May 4, 2017, 10:15 AM

I was streaming a show on my phone at work (on break) and the other guys wanted to watch. We have a Samsung TV in the break room and I am the only one with a Samsung phone, so I tried to "screen mirror" with the TV. Soon a I enabled the screen share, Spectrum closed my app and said "projection" functions not allowed within the Spectrum app!

Very frustrating... seeing as how I do this all the time with WatchESPN and others.

you need to sync the flux capacitor

May 4, 2017, 10:22 AM

works every time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad NBC can't step in and take over.

May 4, 2017, 10:17 AM

It would go a lot faster

May 4, 2017, 10:43 AM

ACC is the entire east coast. The highest population in the country. ESPN could use a few more viewers than just the south east and the rust belt.

Of course it is

May 4, 2017, 12:01 PM

the conference networks and the rights that ESPN has been shelling out are the reason they are having to cut staff.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic