Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Herbstreit breaks down Heisman Trophy race
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,523

FB Update: Herbstreit breaks down Heisman Trophy race

Nov 11, 2015, 8:57 AM

Herbstreit breaks down Heisman Trophy race

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit breaks down Heisman Trophy race

Nov 11, 2015, 9:04 AM

I don't think Deshaun will win based on his numbers alone , but being the quarterback on the #1 team in CFB and also being undefeated to finish November will go a long way in moving him up some .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 11, 2015, 9:10 AM

Joe tessitores heismanology has Watson at #5. That's usually pretty accurate when compared to the final polls. He needs some big numbers in the next 2 games, a really solid performance in the USuCk game, and a huge game in the acc championship to win the heisman. Not out of the realm of possibility. In fact, I like his chances.

One potential problem is....

Nov 11, 2015, 9:15 AM

if we absolutely "light-up" Cuse, Wake and $CU (which is entirely possible), Watson won't play much more than a half so it is unlikely he will have the opportunity to put-up the kind of numbers to enhance his current position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: One potential problem is....

Nov 11, 2015, 9:22 AM

good point, I do not see the staff taking chances if we are comfortably ahead with Watson...let me add, Fournette is toast. He has the misfortune of playing for a staff which includes Kevin Steele aso I suspect they are not through losing this year, based on that fact alone

Re: One potential problem is....

Nov 11, 2015, 1:47 PM [ in reply to One potential problem is.... ]

I think this is one reason his first half of season numbers were not so great. Blowouts first two games and then he came out early against Miami to start the second half of the schedule. Some programs keep their first liners in there to build up their Heisman numbers. I'm glad Dabo does not do it that way. Reps for second and third stringers is much more valuable, IMO.

Nov 11, 2015, 12:34 PM

One of the things that bothers me is that the Heisman Trophy is supposed to be given to the best PLAYER in college football. In recent history it has been awarded to the best player on the best TEAM. The criteria has changed from strictly the individual having the best year to the additional requirement that the team must also be the best. I think that this is wrong. Opinions?

Nov 11, 2015, 12:51 PM

RG3

I mostly agree with this assessment except for the "BEST" team. I would say one of the best teams.

Nov 11, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit breaks down Heisman Trophy race ]

100% guarantee if CJ Spiller were on this Tiger team today, he would be an absolute lock for the Heisman. His problem with winning it was in fact the quality of our team, and not how great a college player he was. If he had just been on a team that was in the top 5, won the bowl game, and the ACC, and he probably wins it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter what happens the rest of the year...

Nov 11, 2015, 2:23 PM

I think Watson at least deserves an invite, he's played well enough and will continue too to be there in December

Re: No matter what happens the rest of the year...

Nov 11, 2015, 9:40 PM

If he can at least get an invite then it would be even more positive publicity for the program.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,523
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic