Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss

Dec 21, 2016, 8:33 AM

Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot math ... 56-7 = 50***

Dec 21, 2016, 8:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were lucky - we would have beaten them.....

Dec 21, 2016, 9:56 AM

by 80 if Dabo was the kind of coach who likes to pour it on a team he beats.

Then their math would have really been screwed up!

Re: They were lucky - we would have beaten them.....

Dec 21, 2016, 10:22 AM

You mean like their savior Spurrier? You know if Spurrier had the chance to do it, he would run up the score on Clemson. That goes to how you the difference in the men that led South Carolina and lead Clemson's football program.

The funny thing is that some of these USC fans don't even acknowledge that it could have been much worse (the margin of defeat) had Clemson chose to run it up.

It's a great time to be a Tiger!

MT

Re: They were lucky - we would have beaten them.....

Dec 21, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to They were lucky - we would have beaten them..... ]

Not sure our score board would go to triple digits, and it maybe could have been that bad, had we poured it on. God help me, I do love it so when they suffer. Their guys will remember it forever, because it won't change anytime soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Senior level mart at SCAR***

Dec 21, 2016, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Coot math ... 56-7 = 50*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss

Dec 21, 2016, 8:39 AM

Good motto coots you may never win again.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, that's how I read it too... +1.***

Dec 21, 2016, 2:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did them wrong by recognizing a record setting senior

who didn't even run a play?? Just came out to tip his hat to his fans??

This is what happens when you grow up not keeping score and giving everyone a trophy. They ain't ready for the real world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did them wrong by recognizing a record setting senior

Dec 21, 2016, 8:46 AM

> who didn't even run a play?? Just came out to tip his
> hat to his fans??
>
>
> This is what happens when you grow up not keeping
> score and giving everyone a trophy. They ain't ready
> for the real world.

So the classy thing to do would be to "pull a Lamar" and leave Deshaun in for the rest of the game so he could throw more TD passes and break more records???

How did the '##### honor Clooney during his last home game? Or was he on the bench saving himself for the NFL?

Re: Did them wrong by recognizing a record setting senior

Dec 21, 2016, 8:49 AM

> > who didn't even run a play?? Just came out to tip
> his
> > hat to his fans??
> >
> >
> > This is what happens when you grow up not keeping
> > score and giving everyone a trophy. They ain't
> ready
> > for the real world.
>
> So the classy thing to do would be to "pull a Lamar"
> and leave Deshaun in for the rest of the game so he
> could throw more TD passes and break more records???
>
> How did the '##### honor Clooney during his last home
> game? Or was he on the bench saving himself for the
> NFL?

Stupid censors and autocorrect...

Hopefully they all got their oranges and Capri Suns after the game though**

Dec 23, 2016, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Did them wrong by recognizing a record setting senior ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

LOL, whatever helps you sleep at night

COACH BOOM GIVE MOTTO, MOTIVATE PLAYERS! COACH BOOM ANGRY AND SAY NEVER AGAIN, HIT STUFF AND SCREAM!!

bet they said the same thig after 63-17, 45-0, 51-0! Also,

Dec 21, 2016, 8:42 AM

so we did them wrong by giving our guys a curtain call. So be it if they are that sensitive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their motto use to be "wait until next year" (LOL) ******

Dec 21, 2016, 6:25 PM

What's with the "Allen-Williams" thing?

Dec 21, 2016, 8:42 AM

Did she get married and take on her wife's maiden name?

Also, she sounds butthurt. Did someone call her a name?

Dec 21, 2016, 8:43 AM

what an attitude. And after Mike gave #7 the piggy backride. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We are going to sit in our gut, remember it for next year"

Dec 21, 2016, 8:44 AM

What the hell?

Re: "We are going to sit in our gut, remember it for next year"

Dec 21, 2016, 10:30 AM

Yeah, I read that too and I'm not even sure what he's trying to say.

Mr. Williams needs a history lesson 51 - 0, 63 - 17, 45 - 0

Dec 21, 2016, 8:45 AM

56 - 7. Oh, it'll happen again. He's using Coot logic again.

Dec 21, 2016, 8:48 AM

Sounds like bad chicken feed to me....

Dec 21, 2016, 8:52 AM

Living in Cola NE I can assure Tiger fans that the beat down this year has awakened the pure hostility among chicken fans. They got used to winning against us and rest assured their mentality is indeed "never again." Those of you not alive in 1975 have no memory of a similar 56-10 loss by Clemson. This game was the element that started the revival of Tiger football in the late 1970s.

Let us all hope Muscrap is unable to carry the Coots to another level. Usuck doesn't have the traditions, the heritage of longevity in winning, but they do have resources so if they ever get a coach again who can build a program then Clemson fans need take note. Personally I am not certain this type of success will happen soon due to SEC East competition, but Spurrier showed it can occur.

Clemson under Dabo has the talent and the right frame of mind to continue to be successful, however none of us can or should take winning for granted. By the way Clemson finished 2-9 in 1975.

We have come along way since then! Enjoy the victories because we are blessed.

Go Tigers!

It was 56-20 in Columbia

Dec 21, 2016, 8:58 AM

how can I forget?

Re: It was 56-20 in Columbia

Dec 21, 2016, 9:04 AM

Correct! My bad. I listened on radio which was hard enough. The Clemson Trustees certainly were not happy afterward.

Go Tigers!

I was there, it was truly terrible. Don't think the Veer has

Dec 21, 2016, 10:20 AM [ in reply to It was 56-20 in Columbia ]

ever been run much better than Jeff Grantz ran it for the Coots that day. But, I still consider losing 5 in a row to those losers much worse than the 56-20. Only a 6 or 7+ peat of our own will begin to erase that stench.

Another side note about that 1975 season

Dec 21, 2016, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss ]

We were coming off a 7-4 season in 1974 under Red Parker, and were the pre-season pick to win the ACC. I remember it well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss ]

Oh I remember that year. It was a LONG year but Mr. Steve Fuller was on the horizon with guidance from Coach Ford, our program was resurrected from 20 years of mediocrity. One must look to our past and remain humble.

Dec 23, 2016, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss ]

That 56-20 beat down that year featured Jeff Grantz playing practically the entire game - and throwing a TD pass with not much time left. They scored as much as they could. On the other hand, Dabo backed off early this year or it could have been an ### kicking of epic proportions. A lot of "old" Clemson guys point to that 75 game and SC running up the score as the impetus to CU dominance in the series. The "streak" ended the run, but a new dominance is here - and it includes The Tigers playing for all the marbles. Nothing like this was happening in 75. ??

Dec 23, 2016, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss ]

That 56-20 beat down that year featured Jeff Grantz playing practically the entire game - and throwing a TD pass with not much time left. They scored as much as they could. On the other hand, Dabo backed off early this year or it could have been an ### kicking of epic proportions. A lot of "old" Clemson guys point to that 75 game and SC running up the score as the impetus to CU dominance in the series. The "streak" ended the run, but a new dominance is here - and it includes The Tigers playing for all the marbles. Nothing like this was happening in 75. ??

should be - "doh! not AGAIN!" and go USF!!***

Dec 21, 2016, 8:55 AM

Re: should be - "doh! not AGAIN!" and go USF!!***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:01 AM

Having watched USF, I believe another large scale loss is indeed possible, but bowl games thus far have been quite the opposite of what was expected. Let us hope USF goes out with a bang against "Boom" and company. It would certainly take Usuck's mind off of Clemson's rout of the coots.

Go Tigers!

"because they did us kind of wrong at the end..."

Dec 21, 2016, 8:59 AM

LOL! You were done wrong at the end, at the beginning, and every minute in between!

But seriously, hard to believe these guys have a bowl game in a few days and they are spending their time worrying about Clemson and making up silly slogans. Where's the leadership?

If you didn't want our scout team scoring touchdowns

Dec 21, 2016, 9:15 AM

...why did you let them in your endzone?

lol...yep they did THEMSELVES wrong

Dec 21, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to "because they did us kind of wrong at the end..." ]

All of this talk about working hard in the offseason, yet they're not taking responsibility for getting spanked.

Dec 21, 2016, 8:59 AM

Wait til next year coots! lol It will probably be just as bad!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those snowflakes need a ####### safe space***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn. Isn't this what they said after 2003 and 1989?

Dec 21, 2016, 9:13 AM

Yeah, never again. LOL.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 21, 2016, 9:14 AM

"Never again"....more like "Always and forever"....6:04....56 ta 7 ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...isn't that cute...

Dec 21, 2016, 9:19 AM

as if they have either the coaching or talent to do anything about it.

Apparently, their players are just as ignorant and deluded as their fans.

Almost a month later and Clemson is still clearly on their minds and in their heads. Oh...but they're not thinking about Clemson. They're focusing on USF and trying to end the season on a positive note.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I love the expression of the guy in the background.***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:24 AM

Re: I love the expression of the guy in the background.***

Dec 21, 2016, 10:09 AM

Classic. Just about sums up the entire article!

Re: I love the expression of the guy in the background.***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:23 PM [ in reply to I love the expression of the guy in the background.*** ]

Lol, what's up with that?
Is he embarrassed for him?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 9:29 AM

Great! When we smack that @ss next year they will be COMPLETELY demoralized. In future years they will learn to stop fighting, just relax and enjoy it as best they can.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They better get used to this for a while.

Dec 21, 2016, 9:34 AM

Clemson ain't on the downslope anytime in the near future

I still don't understand

Dec 21, 2016, 9:49 AM

why or how they think Clemson "did them wrong" by recognizing our players' last home game, at HOME! What if it was Senior Day (as it has been in past years) and there were designated times to recognize the Seniors? Would that have been offensive too? I'd understand them feeling that way had we done that in Columbia. I can only assume Muschamp told them to feel that way, because wasn't he the one who mentioned it being "rude" first? Can these players not think for themselves!?

Just proves there is a clear gap between organizations, on all levels.

Re: I still don't understand

Dec 21, 2016, 10:29 AM

Bottom line is that they are just grasping for anything to soothe the sting of the very lopsided loss to their rival.

Just two examples:

* Racist language used against them;
* Curtain call for the Clemson seniors/juniors in their last game

When you are weak and impotent, all you've got is deflection.

They are correct as a team to think like that ....but

Dec 21, 2016, 9:59 AM

all this public talk by them about it , along with the accusations of alleged Clemson racist comments and poor sportsmanship , is going to put a lot of unnecessary pressure on them next year when gametiem rolls around and they find out it is easier said than done.....imho

Gamecocks motto 'never win again' after Clemson loss - FIFY***

Dec 21, 2016, 10:05 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecocks motto 'never win again' after Clemson loss - FIFY***

Dec 21, 2016, 10:08 AM

All they are doing is setting themselves up for further embarrassment. Easy to say, hard to do. Clemson continues to build on 4 and 5 star talent, usuck continues to build on 3 stars and jucos, with lackluster coaching. A recipe for failure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 10:11 AM

Well - they need a new motto since "spurs up" didn't work so well for them.

Dec 21, 2016, 10:32 AM

Kind of analogous to "heels up" at the hoe house on Sat'd night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gamecocks motto 'never again' after Clemson loss ]

AGAIN, these people don't think things through. As Pete Stone pointed out in his tailgate interviews before the game; if a gamecock's spurs are up, he's on his back DEAD. So yes, they were spurs up on that Saturday!

I remember hearing this in another situation as well...

Dec 21, 2016, 10:36 AM

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-10-21/sports/sp-4210_1_south-carolina

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember hearing this in another situation as well...

Dec 21, 2016, 6:25 PM

Thank you for posting this. I was a Citadel cadet and at that game and it was a classic that I will never forget.

"Never again" to the WORST loss in the series history?

Dec 21, 2016, 10:38 AM

That is bold talk.

"Sure, you beat us by 49, but we won't let you beat us by that much again!"

null

Re: "Never again" to the WORST loss in the series history?

Dec 21, 2016, 12:14 PM

Yep, if they have to score a touchdown with 2 seconds left to only make it 48, it won't happen again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After all this whining 'never again' will we let the foot off the gas

Dec 21, 2016, 10:42 AM

In the 3rd quarter. These dolts don't even realize that game could have been 77-0. They should thank Dabo for sparing them

so what he is saying is that they are going to put in a real effort

Dec 21, 2016, 10:51 AM

To make sure we only beat them by 14 next year. I can see that happening

This is why Clemson is in the CFP and they aren't.

Dec 21, 2016, 10:51 AM

During that long, miserable stretch of five years Dabo had Clemson focused on the bigger picture than losing to South Carolina. He was focused on recruiting and building the program and he had to sell recruits on that bigger picture. He had goals. What are South Carolina's goals. Looks like to never lose like that again and hold grudges. Fine but what are you going to do about the bigger picture? What are you going to do to build your program? The only championships Spurrier ever won there were State championships and one division. Dabo's won division, ACC, and twice now has Clemson in a position for national. It's not luck. It's not conference. It's the fact that one man has been patient and is building his program for the long haul. If the Coots were smart they'd get over themselves and learn from Clemson. They aren't though and that's why they will never be relevant.

What is wrong with these guys? What is wrong with

Dec 21, 2016, 11:17 AM

honoring our seniors?

USC would have done the same if they had the opportunity.

Bless their lil chicken pecking hearts!

Dec 21, 2016, 11:26 AM

Just because USC doesn't educate you well enough let me explain that when Deshaun came in with every senior... It was recognition for the fans and their last moment in the valley. Get over yourselves

IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE IRRELEVANT.

Dec 21, 2016, 11:32 AM

Get it through your head.

Re: IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE IRRELEVANT.

Dec 21, 2016, 12:14 PM

Agree. I was at the game and never considered the curtain call as having anything to do with them. It was a classy gesture by the coaching staff to honor our graduates in their last game. It happens in basketball all the time - a late timeout to let the crowd recognize the stars. I even saw a punter take the last snap of a bowl game yesterday because he didn't get to punt in his last game. They're just whiney punks deflecting blame.

I think that is referring to getting beat that badly

Dec 21, 2016, 11:32 AM

Headline seems like it is implying they won't get beat again, period.

Oh, well. An "angry" Watson is on the prowl.

Who cares what a lying chicken is squawking about?

Dec 21, 2016, 11:54 AM

He needs some media training. It seems pretty obvious he is lying about the racist accusations and he is doubling down on his losing position. They are so easy to despise.

Never again ... what? Never again tell the truth? Never again beat Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF you don't have the onions to stop it as its happening,

Dec 21, 2016, 12:11 PM

you won't at anytime thereafter. Stop BS'n yourself and your fans. Certainly, you know we know you are FOS.

-Doc Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

The Tigers didn't forget Spurrier's many remarks either...

Dec 21, 2016, 2:14 PM

ENJOY your years of payback.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 21, 2016, 2:18 PM

I wonder what the motto was after 63-17. Maybe, "Ok. One more time, then never again." Jeeze, and I thought "Go #####" was bad enough!

Dec 21, 2016, 4:43 PM

Never again! Okay, so next year it's Clemson 59-3. There are all sorts of ways we can do this.

Dec 21, 2016, 5:44 PM

Oh you struck my funnybone there -"there are all sorts if ways we can do this," lol!!

Yes, 59-3, then 62-0 in '18 in Death Valley, and after that SC has to post negative score totals.

They are going to sit in their gut?

Dec 21, 2016, 5:40 PM

I mean, I don't- I can't even-
What?

Re: They are going to sit in their gut?

Dec 21, 2016, 8:38 PM

I believe that is an example of their Gamecock grammar.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

They're right. Next year we won't

Dec 21, 2016, 6:19 PM

give them a cheap score.

So next year we only win by

Dec 21, 2016, 9:42 PM

42?

How soon they forget.....

Dec 22, 2016, 3:14 PM

last game at cootville against us, fireworks were set off with over 3 1/2 minutes left in the game when Connor Shaw threw his final TD pass. Same thing as what we did for our players

Dec 23, 2016, 4:10 PM

After last nights loss, their new motto is "Never Again, again"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic