Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Finebaum on Clemson: "Quit talking like you own college football"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 117
| visibility 51

FB Update: Finebaum on Clemson: "Quit talking like you own college football"

Jul 22, 2017, 4:04 PM

Finebaum on Clemson: "Quit talking like you own college football"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum on Clemson: he was standing when he said this

Jul 22, 2017, 4:07 PM

because the SEC butt hurt is still strong

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 4:17 PM

He is an old wrinkled nut sack

Jul 22, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum on Clemson: he was standing when he said this ]

I'm glad this Clemson fan got on the finbaum show, but i wish he would have come with some fire power. He just wilted. He should have put finbaum in his place. Good for him getting through though.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:52 PM

Did you hear it live? Just curious what the tiger fan said in response.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just going off what was posted

Jul 22, 2017, 5:16 PM

Guess there was more when it was live. Probably can find previous full podcast on his website.

Jul 22, 2017, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum on Clemson: he was standing when he said this ]

Click bait #####. Spot the ball!!!

The Next Lee Corso... Finebaum

Jul 22, 2017, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum on Clemson: he was standing when he said this ]

:(

Jul 23, 2017, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum on Clemson: he was standing when he said this ]

It's funny bc finebaum himself was putting Dabo in the same sentence after the title. He himself said he's top 3 coach. Paul says every fan base he disagrees with that day as most obnoxious fan base. He said the same thing to a carolina fan when he said they were bamas kyrptonite that's why bama don't schedule them since 2010. Paul is the white Stephen A. And just goes on rants anything not what he agrees with

Re: FB Update: Finebaum on Clemson: "Quit talking like you own college football"

Jul 22, 2017, 4:07 PM

Well, until the season starts, we kinda DO own college football, don't we?

Re: FB Update: Finebaum on Clemson: "Quit talking like you own college football"

Jul 22, 2017, 4:09 PM

he thinks we would have been in such trouble had Bama wanted to be there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a projection, little nerdy Finebaum has a superiority

Jul 22, 2017, 4:11 PM

complex, and thinks that Bama's coach Saban is the second coming, lol! Yes, I hope that Bama gets their butts beat by FSU too!
SEC has their national radio and television shows, why not ACC. I am so tired of their superiority complex.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a projection, little nerdy Finebaum has a superiority

Jul 23, 2017, 11:31 AM

His long pointed nose is an inverse casting of Saqban's rectum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*I'm just here for the comments*

Jul 22, 2017, 4:11 PM

In 3..2..1..

Message was edited by: JimmyGreenbeans®

Surprising because Finebaum has said only good things

Jul 22, 2017, 4:12 PM

about Clemson since the first matchup vs Bama. He has also been speaking very highly of the fan base. This caller must have been very obnoxious and pushed him.

Re: Surprising because Finebaum has said only good things

Jul 22, 2017, 4:55 PM

Yeah, he really has. Would have liked to hear the call to see the context. He is sec and bama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure your assumption is correct.***

Jul 22, 2017, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Surprising because Finebaum has said only good things ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you "sure" about an assumption?***

Jul 22, 2017, 5:56 PM

Because he made the assumption not me. On the other

Jul 22, 2017, 6:03 PM

hand, I'm SURE that if Finebaum put a Tiger fan in their place, he deserved it. He only does that to dumba$$ jerks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes no sense at all.

Jul 22, 2017, 6:09 PM

And you can't be sure of anything.

We do currently own college football, and the way he (Finebaum) was talking about Clemson fans as a whole not just that one caller. To that point, all I've seen is Clemson fans enjoying the fact we're National Champions.vI haven't seen nor heard these "intoxicated fans", so in all I would assume Finebaum got his panties in was before I'd assume the Clemson fan was out of line.

Either way, you cannot be "sure" of his assumption.

No, I'm sure of it just like I'm sure Finebaum likes

Jul 22, 2017, 6:14 PM

and respects Clemson. Like when he called our program squeaky clean and said if he had a son playing, he'd want him to play for Dabo.

Apparently you skipped right ove the part where I pointed

Jul 22, 2017, 6:19 PM

out Finebaum called out Clemson fans as a whole. So he was wrong in that sense as well as being wrong in a general sense - we do "own" college football by virtue of having the trophy.

No matter what, you cannot be certain of an assumption.

You can't be certain of your own assumption.

Jul 22, 2017, 6:22 PM

You can be certain of someone else's.

That's not true either.***

Jul 22, 2017, 6:25 PM

Re: That's not true either.***

Jul 22, 2017, 6:30 PM

What was your old screen name?

You get like a bat signal

Jul 23, 2017, 4:38 AM [ in reply to Sure your assumption is correct.*** ]

whenever there is an opportunity to side with outsiders and make yourself feel superior to Clemson fans?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Surprising because Finebaum has said only good things ]

Finebaum has been saying good things about Clemson over the last year because Alabama won the national championship last year. Finebaum will say good things about a team that mighty Alabama beats because it makes Alabama look good.

if Clemson had lost this year he would be praising Dabo and Clemson, but we threw a wrench into his Bs of SEC dominance and Alabama being the greatest team to ever step onto a football field. Finebaum showed his true colors ( although he doesn't really try to hide it) in his broadcast during the national championship game. He was speechless the whole crew was speechless ( a major no-no in any broadcast)

Finebaum is like a spoiled rich little kid that is used to getting everything he wants, he hasn't earned any of it but he is used to benefiting from the spoils. Clemson came up and smacked that lollipop right out of his mouth and he doesn't know how to handle the situation. He has hooked his cart to the Saban bandwagon long ago and little ole Clemson came in there and beat the team that he has spouted off as being the greatest team of all time.

~this~ "Finebaum is like a spoiled rich little kid that is

Jul 22, 2017, 10:29 PM

used to getting everything he wants, he hasn't earned any of it but he is used to benefiting from the spoils. Clemson came up and smacked that lollipop right out of his mouth and he doesn't know how to handle the situation. He has hooked his cart to the Saban bandwagon long ago and little ole Clemson came in there and beat the team that he has spouted off as being the greatest team of all time"

That dead air moment following the winning TD was an

Jul 23, 2017, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Surprising because Finebaum has said only good things ]

absolute thing of beauty. You're absolutely right in that that sort of silence on air is totally off limits in broadcasting. A priceless moment exposing the pure and rampant homerism that was in that room that night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Surprising because Finebaum has said only good things ]

Said Paul F, the all knowing college football "expert" who voted for L Jackson, not DW4. PF is a n SEC homer for sure.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh the irony

Jul 22, 2017, 4:13 PM

He carries himself like he's the greatest most knowledgeable talking head on sports and anything bama. Goofy looking sob.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, he usually contends Bama is the best because they

Jul 22, 2017, 5:45 PM

usually are. We don't get to be as smug as Bama until we win a few more.

Sory joe we DO own college football right now and we can be

Jul 22, 2017, 5:57 PM

"smug" about it until someone takes it from us.

We don't own college football. We are the champs. It's

Jul 22, 2017, 6:16 PM

Not like boxing where someone has to beat us to take it away.

That's not true Joe. It is exactly like boxing. We have the

Jul 22, 2017, 6:21 PM

belt and will have it until someone takes it from us.

Re: That's not true Joe. It is exactly like boxing. We have the

Jul 22, 2017, 6:33 PM

Joe is exactly right. This years team is not the national champion. We will have to earn it all over again. When we win 3 titles in 5 years we can say we own college football. You sound like one of those intoxicated Clemson fans he was referring to.

If Finebaum, you, or Joe are talking about the last 5 years

Jul 22, 2017, 6:40 PM

then yeah, we don't own college football over the last 5 years.

But we DO currently own college football by virtue of being the champion.

Quit trying to explain to people that just want to argue.***

Jul 22, 2017, 7:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 4:14 PM

Paul, i like you and enjoy your show. One thing is for certain though; we DO own it until someone better comes along. That's why we play the games.

Right, we are the current owners. And became such by doing

Jul 22, 2017, 4:20 PM

something no SEC team has done in two years, beat Alabama!

Re: Right, we are the current owners. And became such by doing

Jul 22, 2017, 6:35 PM

Ummm ole miss. And last years team owns the trophy, this years team is 15 games away from a national championship.

LOL! What does the next national championship have

Jul 22, 2017, 6:44 PM

to do with ANYTHING?

We are talking about the here and now. Not over 10 years or 5 years or even 2 years. We're talking about right now. Are you saying Alabama owns college football?

Re: LOL! What does the next national championship have

Jul 22, 2017, 7:09 PM

What are you talking about? I'm saying it's a new season in a few weeks. This years Clemson team hasn't won squat. Like it's already been explained to you, it's not like boxing. When the new season starts, last years natty doesn't mean anything to the 2017 Clemson team and coaches. It's really not that difficult.

And no I don't think bama owns college football, but if anyone has come close to it, it's them. We aren't on their level yet and any rational Clemson fan knows that.

I'm talking about what Finebaum and everyone else is talking

Jul 23, 2017, 1:17 PM

about in this thread. NOBODY is talking about next season.

Just an FYI, not one single team has won squat for next season.

It is EXACTLY like boxing. You win the championship, you win the belt. You win the belt, you own boxing until someone takes the belt.

And if neither Clemson or Alabama, by whatever bizarre "reasoning" you're using, owns college football, then who does?

And another reminder, we just beat them for the national championship. That means we are currently above their level.

Rational Clemson fans are smart enough to be able to grasp these simple facts. What's up with you? You enjoying life on that island? Regardless, it's obvious your DO NOT speak for rational Clemson fans.

Weird how you and Joe can't seem to grasp this. At least I think he finally got it. Try answering the questions above and see what you can come up with.

Re: LOL! What does the next national championship have

Jul 22, 2017, 7:11 PM [ in reply to LOL! What does the next national championship have ]

What was you your old screen name?

It was

Jul 23, 2017, 1:18 PM

dsp.

Bookmarked

Jul 22, 2017, 4:14 PM

We'll see you soon. See you soon.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:15 PM

Grumpy SEC shill is grumpy.

I do not think anyone except the most bandwagonish Clemson homer thinks we "own" college football. We've always been the Little School That Could.

No, Paul, we are not Alabama. We are not Oklahoma. We are not FSU, or Ohio State as a program, not from a historical perspective, anyhow, and I think most of us are well aware of it.

But we've been a power lately and we aspire to be a long-time one...and we're doing it the right way.

I think we've earned the right to be a little proud.

By the way...I still enjoyed watching you put your own head in the soup after Renfrow scored that TD, Paul. ;) Hey, let's jump to that moment at 3:45:45 in the Fienbaum Film Room telecast of the National Title Game when Renfrow scores and we get to see you and your SEC talking heads all collectively got gut-punched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC_KBTCmWns

Yup, I'm still smiling.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:21 PM
IMG_2037.PNG(79.2 K)

Guess he showed his true colors. I have been around some

Jul 22, 2017, 4:25 PM

Bama fans for a while, and THEY act like THEY own college football. SMUG. My former boss was a Bama fan. So glad to see him leave with his smug attitude. No way can we be criticized for "owning college football" compared to their attitude.

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand what you said Finebum.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:27 PM

All I saw was you kneeling in front of Saban with the only audible sounds being slurp, slurp, slurp, gulp, gulp, gulp. Please don't speak with your mouth full next time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum probably wears a dress at home.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:30 PM

In fact I am sure of this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a web can set up on him don't you?

Jul 22, 2017, 6:29 PM

I think you're a cool guy Balm but that's just gross.

How can you put Saban and Dabo in the same sentence?

Jul 22, 2017, 4:31 PM

At this time, Swinney, Meyer, Fisher and Saban are the active coaches who can be put in the same sentence - and we all know why.

In his defense, I remember a poster on this board comparing Dabo's record after 3 years with Saban's record in the same time period - they were about the same. Whoever the poor guy was got his knees cut out from under him by fellow Clemson fans who were dead set that Clemson had picked the wrong guy to replace Bowden. They were stupid then and Finebaum is stupid now. When you compare coaching accomplishments, the time frames have to match.

Now I want to find out where Saban stood going into year 10 of his career. Anyone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In his first ten years of head coaching Saban was

Jul 22, 2017, 4:36 PM

82-35-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Saban

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, going to move this to a board post***

Jul 22, 2017, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has only been head coach 8.5 years & is ahead of Saban

Jul 22, 2017, 6:06 PM [ in reply to In his first ten years of head coaching Saban was ]

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/dabo-swinney-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/nick-saban-1.html

Your numbers are wrong too!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 22, 2017, 4:34 PM

Can't wait to hear what Paul has to say when us and FSU beat the only teams with a pulse in the SEC in back to back weeks.

This was Finebaum last year when Dabo out coached Saban...

Jul 22, 2017, 4:35 PM

Go to the 52 second mark:

https://youtu.be/r2l3TZZn8S8

When reality hits finebaum he ####.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:53 PM

This dude... That is why the ESPN game day guys tell him to shut up and sit in his corner. He has been somewhat complimentary of CU the last couple of months, but as a new season dawns, he must start to carry the SEC Torch. And by the way, I will bet anyone Nick Saban has a ton more respect for CU amd Dabo than he does Finebaum. If you ever watch Saban interact with Ol Paul, he looks like he has zero use for this pretentious jock sniffer.

Jul 22, 2017, 5:02 PM

Well Paul , until the first weekend of the 2017 season ...we DO OWN IT .

Wanna see the trophy that validates our claim ? Call Dabo and he might let ya touch it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 22, 2017, 5:05 PM

Honestly, when you have bragging rights, why is it so bad about using them to brag. Oh that's right, only sec homers has that right. I would like to spit in that sumbitches face and dare him not to like it!!!:)

Jul 22, 2017, 5:13 PM

Y'all are being trolled by Finebaum

Dumb a$$ Clemson fan calls into SEC show, what do they expect?

Jul 22, 2017, 5:21 PM

Its like those idiots who go to FGF and start talking about the greatness of Clemson.

Now that ive gotten that out od the way.... It is premature to put Dabo on the mountain with Nick. However, with his still young agebit is not out of the realm of possibility one day.

And as another poster mentioned, if you do call - at least be prepared.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dumb a$$ Clemson fan calls into SEC show, what do they expect?

Jul 22, 2017, 5:57 PM

If you want to represent Clemson , PLEASE learn
how to spell and use correct grammar!

null

Re: Dumb a$$ Clemson fan calls into SEC show, what do they expect?

Jul 24, 2017, 11:04 AM

Finally! The grammar police has arrived! I just don't know what we would do without you! Jesus H Christ! Seriously!? Do you expect perfection out of everything? I hope you are from England, and speak the queens English! Because our form isn't exactly correct, is it! THIS, is my red button! Troll all you want, but the grammar police is ridiculous! I've mostly kept my mouth shut through the National Championship run except to share my memories of the '81, and my joy of once again experiencing my second with my father. The TigerNet faithful see an influx of new fairweather fans that start posting while things are great. The ones that are truly respected where here when things aren't going so well. Just because someone makes an error, here or there in spelling or grammar requires no one to point it out. The real geniuses get the jest of the point, and move to the next post. In the day of smartphones, tablets, and being mobile, it's too easy to make a grammar or spelling mistake. Everyone isn't sitting at home on a PC. Or, has time to spell check if they are between meetings. Remember, every time you point your finger at someone else, three of your own are pointing back at you! I wouldn't be surprised if you "grammar police" have come up with some sort of uniform! Smh

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr Finebaum

Jul 22, 2017, 5:29 PM

The easiest way to deal with haters like you is to remind them we just won a national title. We don't own college football but we've got a pretty good program right now in spite of all the negativity that people like you have directed towards our program for years. I know it gets under your skin to think of or be reminded that Clemson beat your beloved Alabama last year. It is what it is. Deal with it. I don't know that Saban is the GOAT but he is in the conversation. He's been at it for a while. No Dabo is not the GOAT but when he beat Saban at a school like Clemson while being much less experienced as a coach you will be mentioned in the same breath whether anybody likes it or not. Dabo has not accomplished near as much as Saban but nobody is saying he has. But ask yourself this: how many national titles did Saban win at Michigan State? MSU has more $$$ and alumni than little old Clemson and he did not win one there. Of course he didn't stay there either. Also think about this: Saban has more resources at his disposal at Alabama than Dabo does at Clemson. Saban has had the #1 recruiting class for 4 out of the last five years or so. Dabo did not have a single #1 class and is coaching at a school that has way less $$$, a smaller fanbase and is not a blue blood school. No Dabo is not the top coach in CFB because Saban and Meyer are more experienced and have more championships. Could they have done it at Clemson? We will never know but you need to back off the ledge dude because Dabo is one of the top coaches in CFB and will be mentioned in the same breath with those guys as long he maintains his program at a high level. So will Jimbo Fisher. You and the rest of the Alabama fans are lucky not to have lost two in a row to Dabo. Deep inside you know it and I know it. Give it a rest brother. Pat us on the back and let Clemson enjoy it the same way you would let Alabama enjoy it.

Re: Well. We are the National Champs!!***

Jul 22, 2017, 5:33 PM

nm

Love Finebaum. Just like he put moranic bama fans

Jul 22, 2017, 5:42 PM

in their place after NCG, assume he put some moranic Clemson fan in their place.

We have our share just like every school. If you don't believe me just scroll down the board.

Lets do apples to apples

Jul 22, 2017, 6:12 PM

Dabo has been HBC for nine years.........89-28

Sabans first 9 years as HBC..............69-38

Clemson has played at least 13 gpy since 2009, which makes for the 10 game difference

The Best Is Yet To Come

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Hope you're right.***

Jul 22, 2017, 6:18 PM

Jul 22, 2017, 6:00 PM

Til a team beats us, we own the National Championship Trophy, which
means we own College Football to an extent. That is what has Finebaum all ticked off. Most of the locals in Alabama are starting to think that Alabama might be slipping a little because alot of their signees are starting to get frustrated not getting playing time and are going else where to school. This comment came from a Alabama Alum who works in our Gadsden, AL office. GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 22, 2017, 6:01 PM

Til a team beats us, we own the National Championship Trophy, which
means we own College Football to an extent. That is what has Finebaum all ticked off. Most of the locals in Alabama are starting to think that Alabama might be slipping a little because alot of their signees are starting to get frustrated not getting playing time and are going else where to school. This comment came from a Alabama Alum who works in our Gadsden, AL office. GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 22, 2017, 6:02 PM

Yeah the H-ell right! Carolina is on the way up my ###! Let them win the SEC. -- Finebaum is just butt hurt. Shut the Fudge up! You're a paid talking head with ears. We know where you are on the ticket. Let us prove we're still in the convo and we are on the way up!

See you on the field btw the lines.

Stats - Saban and Dabo at the same point in time.

Jul 22, 2017, 6:02 PM

As a head coach - after 9 seasons Saban was 69-38-1. One at Toledo then 5 at Michigan State and 3 at LSU.

Saban was 13-1 at LSU and won the National Championship at LSU in year 10.

After 8.5 years as Clemson's head coach - Dabo Swinney is 89-28 and won the National Championship in year 9 or 8.5.

Saban won his first National Championship when he was 52

Dabo won his first National Championship when he was 48

Strength of Schedule and Simple Rating System rating are also available.

Dabo's SOS was tougher and SRS is higher.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/nick-saban-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/dabo-swinney-1.html

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Finebaum, Tennessee still sucks. F your opinion.***

Jul 22, 2017, 6:06 PM

Jul 22, 2017, 6:09 PM

And FineBum needs to quit talking like he knows college football........geepers...he totally missed Clemson last year as well as the ACC vs SEC. Bet he didnt vote for our Qb for Heisman ( if they let the guy vote)...His condescending attitude torwards the other conferences ( other than SEC) is obnoxious.....AND GET A TOUPE...you may look intelligent then.....
But,
We still love Ya!!

Evan real hair wouldn't make him look smart - ESPN needs

Jul 23, 2017, 9:39 AM

to trim their budget a little more.

You can hear it in his voice. Weakness.

Jul 22, 2017, 6:22 PM

Bitter old man.

Let's understand who Paul Finebaum is and is about

Jul 22, 2017, 6:25 PM

OK here's the thing regarding Paul Finebaum and what he said (and I say this as a Clemson football fan). Are Clemson fans really feeling themselves in the aftermath of winning the National Championship last season and talking/walking with a new sense of confidence and outright swag? Absolutely, no doubt about it. However, let's discuss and note the man behind rant.

Understand this is Paul Finebaum we're talking about, a dude who ESPN hired essentially to not talk college football, but talk all things SEC football. So it should be no surprise to hear Finebaum talking this way about Clemson or its fanebase. This is the same Finebaum who has for DECADES stans for and talks about the SEC as being supreme over everyone in college football and Alabama specifically being the kings of college football with no real challengers. Be it Clemson the last few years, Ohio St in 2014, the SEC and Alabama in particular has been challenged for sure. In short the SEC has not been the kings that they admittedly have been in college football. Let's face it, part of the reason Finebaum is salty is because of who Clemson defeated and the conference as a whole being challenged.

Also, this is the same Paul Finebaum who recently said that Clemson and Ohio St are the biggest threats to Alabama in terms of college football supremacy. And if Florida St defeats Alabama on Sept. 2, what would the ramifications of that be? So a lot of this is about who Paul Finebaum is and his fandom for a certain conference.

The same Finebaum who on his show stated that if he had a

Jul 22, 2017, 6:30 PM

son playing he'd want him to play for Dabo and that Dabo's program is squeaky clean.

Nonetheless

Jul 22, 2017, 6:35 PM

He was wrong to make his "intoxicated" comment about Clemson fans, and he was wrong to say we don't currently own college football.

Exactly, last time I checked

Jul 22, 2017, 6:39 PM

If you win the National Championship... you own College Football, at least until someone knocks you off.

Re: He is sad because

Jul 22, 2017, 6:58 PM

Bama lost the ring.

Jul 22, 2017, 6:49 PM

Many of you say you want to hear the full call. It's on Youtube....

Jul 24, 2017, 5:29 PM

Do you have a link to the whole call? I can't find it on youtube...

Jul 22, 2017, 6:49 PM

Many of you say you want to hear the full call. It's on Youtube....

"Quit talking like you know college football"

Jul 22, 2017, 7:04 PM

Clemson on Finebaum: "Quit talking like you know college football"

DEER PALL FINEBOM

Jul 22, 2017, 7:06 PM

STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW FOOTBALL

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Finebaum: You Listening?

Jul 22, 2017, 7:07 PM

Clemson fans are justifiably sensitive to the decade criticism media like you have heaped on them. Sometimes justified, most are not because many did like you. You are not always objective, despite your Scrooge face. Be honest and reflective of the fans who adore a small university who beat goliath. You are overrated in your analysis because you don't understand the player or coach mentality, despite your overrated estimate of you ability. How could you.

We don't own college football anymore than you own a clever soundbite. Save us the sanctemoneous attitude. Maybe you should find something better that suits you talents?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 7:23 PM

"How can you put Dabo in the same sentence as Nick Saban,”

What a turd Finebaum is. The real question is who the hell is he to think he has a clue about college football and sports radio in general. Even using his name in the same sentence as any WCCP personality would be a disservice to the WCCP folks.

They all think Alabama is so great and up on a level of their own. But they can't deny that Clemson has played to the same level for the past 2 years. Sure, Saban turned Alabama around and made them great again, but Alabama had a great history before as well. Clemson being turned around by Dabo is one of the main reasons the ACC was the better conference this past season, and this isn't going to end.

I never have liked Finebaum, and the geeky non-athletic sorry excuse for a professional has just gave me more reason to despise him.

Why bother posting what this clown says? It's not

Jul 22, 2017, 7:45 PM

positive and he's never played a sport in his life. I would challenge him to compare Dabo's first 8 years to Saban's first 8 years and tell me who is on the better path to being elite. Saban had 5 average seasons at Michigan State before going to lsu and winning a natty, then left and was an epic fail in nfl. He has done very well at bama but most coaches would be hard pressed to fail there with the history and resources. Dabo has elevated Clemson in the short time that he's been here and I don't see him going anywhere but up.

Jul 22, 2017, 8:03 PM

What gets me is twerps like Finnybum, that probably never played a down of football, in their lives, that think they are the kings of college football. Maybe he needs to take his bullet head to some obscure satellite channel and never be seen or heard from again. And right now, The Clemson Tigers are the kings of college football. GO TIGERS!

Jul 22, 2017, 8:04 PM

What gets me is twerps like Finnybum, that probably never played a down of football, in their lives, that think they are the kings of college football. Maybe he needs to take his bullet head to some obscure satellite channel and never be seen or heard from again. And right now, The Clemson Tigers are the kings of college football. GO TIGERS!

Jul 22, 2017, 8:30 PM

Finebaum is a Que ball with potato chip ears.

What credentials does he have to make him a subject matter expert???

Everybody has one... a$$ hole and an opinion. Finebaum's doesn't matter.

Lee Corso has forgot more about football than Finebaum will ever know, and Lee is dealing with dementia.

At least Lee gets it right half the time. ;)

Hey Finebaum, confidentially...

Jul 22, 2017, 9:37 PM

When you win the championship, until circumstances change...our team kinda does own college football. As Ric Flair used to say 'to be the man, you gotta beat the man'. Well CDS & Co. are 'the man' currently b/c they beat the team that up until the last second of the season was the best team in the country. & we also did on the heels of playing arguably the toughest schedule in the country last year.

We deserve to be fired up as a fan base. We won the national title, which is hard to do, regardless of what Mr. Finebaum thinks. Yes, Saban has all his titles but has only won 1 after the BCS died (plus, I'm also 1 of the 1s who thought 2011 was bull & they shouldn't have got a 2nd crack @ LSU). Dabo had to rebuild Clemson from the ground up, from the staff to the culture of the program. Plus, how many current coaches out there have wins over these guys: Spurrier, B. Stoops, Miles, Meyer, B. Bowden, Fisher, & now Saban? So yes, we should be allowed to be fired up & excited about our coach, about our team, about last year's national championship, & about our program's future b/c there's no way it's gonna be 35 years before title #3 comes to Tigertown.

Foxtrot that big eared Sierra Oscar Bravo

Jul 22, 2017, 9:53 PM

... Gargamale looking Mike Oscar foxtrot oscar

^^HILARIOUS^^ TU***

Jul 23, 2017, 12:10 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard the call live.........

Jul 22, 2017, 10:02 PM

All the Clemson caller said was that he thought we could go 11-1. Worst case 9-3. And Fbaum just went off. 95% of what Fbaum accused the caller of saying were never uttered.

6 months of sec butt hurt + 1 Clemson call = Fbaum meltdown.

I loved it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still blame him for costing DW the Heisman...

Jul 22, 2017, 10:15 PM

.. Though to his credit he nows says he regrets his vote for Lamar Jackson. In truth he pushed hard for Lamar, and totally discounted DW4 as not even really worth consideration. (He said once "who else would you vote for?" even when Louisville was in the midst of its meltdown and Jackson was a turnover machine. Just plain either jealousy against DW4 or Clemson or even some deeper issues. OTherwise mildly entertaining.

He doesn't have that much power.

Jul 24, 2017, 6:23 AM

He only gets one vote and only SEC fans listen to him. He trolls them hard so most of them hate him because his breath smells like Saban's butt, or so they say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Spurrier on this point

Jul 23, 2017, 12:18 AM

What did Saban do when he wasn't coaching at Alabama? Could he win at say, Duke? "Greatest coach in history" involves more than consistently coaching the most loaded team in football.

Re: I agree with Spurrier on this point

Jul 23, 2017, 2:20 AM

He had a loaded team at LSU, when he won the championship. Not so much at Michigan St. I don't know for sure, but I believe his teams were pretty mediocre there. Not saying he's not a good coach, but he has had some pretty good players to work with.

Jul 23, 2017, 7:47 AM

"Since when did Clemson become the it school in the universe?"

January 9 2017, Paul. Now flap your ears and get on out of here you Bama homer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 23, 2017, 9:48 AM

Please do not take this guy serious! He makes those statements to get people to call in his program. He likes to put down Head Coaches. He did it to Saban, Coach Stallings, Pat Dye and most if not all the Auburn Coaches. Clemson does not have to defend its team, Coach or fans with this person. Let's get ready for 2017 and talk about our players that are on the team this year and working hard.

Jul 23, 2017, 9:59 AM

I think he looks like the Doctor on Voyager . . . .

Jul 23, 2017, 11:29 AM

PF isn't all that knowledgeable about college football. He got that secheat job based strictly on his good looks.

Jul 23, 2017, 1:16 PM
IMG_1911.JPG(113.3 K)

Aug 3, 2017, 8:55 AM

THIS! The only thing missing is the direct casting of the nose that is an inverse replica of an orifice located on the posterior of Saban.

Jul 23, 2017, 5:43 PM

hey d--- --s; we do right now. you do remember we are defending national champions!

paul and his wife both look like males***

Jul 23, 2017, 10:11 PM

Jul 24, 2017, 7:40 AM

I'll never forget his enthusiasm when Renfrew scored that last TD. He could not have been more disappointed.

Can we all just agree

Jul 24, 2017, 8:10 AM

That Finebaum will never give Clemson the full credit they're due because they're not in the SEC? He's PAID to be an SEC homer. This is well-known. Why are we wasting our breath and our blood pressure on something that a paid shill says? Ignore him.

Re: Can we all just agree

Jul 24, 2017, 1:15 PM

I agree, and I do ignore him. Had this not been posted on Tigernet, I wouldn't have known it.

Jul 24, 2017, 9:04 AM

He has never seen such an intoxicating fan base in his life because no one gets more excited or loves their team more than the Tigers! Get over it my friend and enjoy your dinner with Saban. Please.

Why would we, as Clemson fans, call in to brag about.....

Jul 24, 2017, 9:25 AM

an FSU win over Bama? How cootish is that???? Finebaum is butthurt that Bama lost last night, but we do have work to do to be considered on same level (numerous championships, etc.) STAY HUNGRY for more Tigers!!

Fbomb - YOU Quit talking like you own college football***

Jul 24, 2017, 9:57 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Jul 24, 2017, 10:22 AM

The struggle for relevance is real huh Paul? Mr. Finebaum gets paid to stir the pot and create headlines. He's probably just upset that he doesn't have SEC coat tails to ride right now.

Replies: 117
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic