Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Elliott: Hunter Johnson stood out in Wednesday's scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: Elliott: Hunter Johnson stood out in Wednesday's scrimmage

Mar 29, 2017, 6:26 PM

Elliott: Hunter Johnson stood out in Wednesday's scrimmage

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Elliott: Hunter Johnson stood out in Wednesday's scrimmage

Mar 29, 2017, 6:27 PM

And it begins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 6:54 PM

Is anyone not surprised a 5-star quarterback is starting to show out?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 6:36 PM

Well if he is the best, true freshman or not play the kid.
All I have read is Bryant is not standing out with him knowing the Offense that's not good.
This O needs a QB that can sling it we have good RBs that can run the ball.

Mar 29, 2017, 6:46 PM

Yep. Like all our guys representing the paw but isn't this what we expected with the 5 star, #1 QB coming into camp?

Mar 29, 2017, 6:49 PM

Yep. It's him or Cooper probably. If Johnson is the best then he should play. He has all the tools to be a special player

The best always plays.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:05 PM

Best in the eyes of the coaches, that is. Having said that, coaches sometimes get it wrong, but they never keep a guy on the bench if they feel the team is better off with him in the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The best always plays.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:09 PM

Deshaun Watson was the best and Dabo decided not to start him from day 1.

I figured somebody would bring that up.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:13 PM

Understand this - Dabo felt that both Deshaun and the entire team were better served by not starting Deshaun. In other words, he decided Deshaun was not the best man for the job.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I figured somebody would bring that up.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:23 PM

Yes, that was an exception situation. We had a ton of freshman at all the skill positions and a questionable offensive line.

Agreed. My point is, as long as the game is on the line,

Mar 29, 2017, 7:55 PM

coaches always play the player they feel best benefits the team, which almost always means the player that gives them the best chance to win.

Cole Stoudt started over DW because they felt Stoudt's experience outweighed DW's physical superiority, and gave them a better chance to win. I don't think they expected Deshaun to handle running the show so well at first, and they were also trying to protect his confidence by not setting him up to fail. Of course, DW responded like a grizzled veteran, and the rest is history. I know a lot of folks still think Stoudt started over DW due to a misguided sense of loyalty by Dabo, as Stoudt had "seniority" and therefore Dabo felt he "owed" it to him, while knowing all the time that Watson was much better and would do a much better job. To me, that line of thinking is laughable.

I think that still holds true, and if coaches feel that Hunter Johnson is ready, and gives us the best chance to win, he will get the nod. If Kelly Bryant gets the start, it won't be because he has seniority; experience maybe, but not seniority.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Agreed. My point is, as long as the game is on the line,

Mar 29, 2017, 8:09 PM

It was VERY obvious that Cole got playing time because he was a Senior and had done well in a backup role previously. Watson clearly outperformed Stoudt in each game they shared duties.

Do you really think Dabo would risk losing games

Mar 29, 2017, 8:17 PM

and reward a single player to the detriment of the entire team, not to mention his career? That's crazy talk.

- H. L. Mencken

HUNTER JOHNSON FOR HEISMAN!!!

Mar 29, 2017, 6:57 PM

Haw!

- H. L. Mencken

Mar 29, 2017, 7:03 PM

And - I take a sigh of relief hearing this. Thank you Mr Johnson.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:19 PM

Yep it's good to hear such good news .

Mar 29, 2017, 8:21 PM

He was a 5 star qb coming out of high school. By fall he and Cooper will be pushing Bryant.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic