Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN: Watson's high standard of play does not require apology
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN: Watson's high standard of play does not require apology

Sep 13, 2016, 4:28 PM

ESPN: Watson's high standard of play does not require apology

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me answer this for some of you

Sep 13, 2016, 4:37 PM

NO

Re: FB Update: ESPN: Watson's high standard of play does not require apology

Sep 13, 2016, 5:01 PM

I totally agree with desmond.... kind of guy DW is... much respect ????????

Sep 13, 2016, 5:26 PM

I definitely think DW can improve some. And I certainly admire him for saying what he did and stepping up or "stepping on the sword" for his offense.

But I honestly believe if Mike Williams catches 2 of the 3 opportunities he had against Auburn and roughly makes Watsons stats go up to 350yds in that game and 3 TD passes and we when by 20
And the receivers catch half the passes they dropped which would give DW at least 100 more yards so passes for 400 and most likely 2 more TDs certainly one that Cain dropped in the endzone. And Ray Ray doesn't drop the punt return we win by 30 or so at least. Who knows with how momentum goes though.
Does anyone criticize DW4 then?

Sep 13, 2016, 7:12 PM

One pass zipped right through MW7's hands in the end zone. But like has been said, he felt a need to take the heat off of his teammates, and it takes a stand up guy and teammate to take all of the responsibility like that. I'm sure it has earned him a ton more respect from his offense and the guys from the defense!!!! Momma raised a stand up son that a mother can be very proud of!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly not required, especially since the OL and WR are

Sep 13, 2016, 6:00 PM

hurting his performance more than his own play has. Still though, I appreciate his willingness to be a leader and be accountable for his play. He certainly has not looked like himself this year. I'm confident that he will have a great year, starting with SC State on Saturday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

his apology is making us clemson fans look bad

Sep 13, 2016, 6:01 PM

as if we were asking for one or something

Re: his apology is making us clemson fans look bad

Sep 13, 2016, 7:16 PM

watson's appolgy is not what is making CU fans look bad

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: his apology is making us clemson fans look bad

Sep 13, 2016, 9:13 PM [ in reply to his apology is making us clemson fans look bad ]

Have you not read the boards? We are bad!!
Watson for president!!

But that was not his intent...

Sep 13, 2016, 9:59 PM [ in reply to his apology is making us clemson fans look bad ]

Some (we?) just showed their (our?) rear ends and when he says what he said some (we?) look foolish. I am sure there was no intent on his part to bash fans. He is a class act all the way. Lots of respect for that young man!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But that was not his intent...

Sep 14, 2016, 5:53 AM

Absolutely!!!!!!???? ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He looked more like the old DW4 in 4th qt. & that forebodes

Sep 13, 2016, 6:40 PM

well for future, and I salute him for his humbleness!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tebow made an apology 8 years ago, Fl. won Natl Championship

Sep 13, 2016, 7:10 PM

"To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I'm sorry," Tebow said that day. "I'm extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something Florida never has done here. I promise you one thing: A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push somebody the rest of the season.

"You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season. God bless."

After that, Tebow walked away.

Teammates saw Tebow's speech later that night.

"Guys were still kind of feeling the same way," former Florida receiver Louis Murphy said. "... We really felt like we were supposed to win the national championship that year, which we ended up doing."

The Gators responded by winning their final eight regular-season games by a combined 317 points. They followed that run by beating Alabama in the SEC title game and then knocking off Oklahoma in the Bowl Championship Series title game.

Great point. Tebow was probably one of the

Sep 13, 2016, 10:04 PM

few if not only QB I have witnessed (especially in sec) that showed similar morals and behavior as Deshaun. He's a great ambassador and QB!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2016, 7:14 PM

Dabi needs to do more of what I heard him say on the radio which is he has no problem with DW and then call out the players that do need to up their game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo.....sorry

Sep 13, 2016, 7:15 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe DW's apology was for...

Sep 13, 2016, 10:10 PM

not putting his foot up everyone's back side and doing what he believed to be his job as leader on the offense. His discomfort coupled with the apology should put all Clemson fans in their comfort zone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big fan of DW here. When the going gets tough the greats

Sep 14, 2016, 6:13 AM

rise to the occasion. I am sure DW will do just that

Sep 14, 2016, 11:19 AM

*Rant*

Im sorry, but I think it's absolutely ridiculous the way some Clemson "fans" are acting towards our team. I'm 27 years old and I've been a Clemson girl since day one. I've watched plenty of seasons where it was a struggle the whole year. The only thing to look forward to really was playing scar and hopefully getting a win....possibly play in a mediocre bowl game. Even then I loved Clemson and pulled for them through it all. But, last year was amazing and those guys... They worked their tails off to get to the "natty". They gave us a season we will talk about for years to come! And, yeah I realize we seem to be struggling but guess what? Clemson has a young team and its only been 2 games. yet everyone wants to act like spoiled children and throw tantrums because we aren't quite the caliber we were last year. Get over it. Those guys DON'T owe us not a #### thing. I hate this crappy pompous attitude some fans have now. No wonder the players are kind of in a slump. They're getting crucified because their "fans" do nothing but #### moan and groan when they aren't perfect and the "fans" are sucking the fun out of the game for the players. The atmosphere last year was great because every game we just hoped we would run the table and possibly play the big game...but had we not we would still be happy because of how great they played and "Hey,maybe next year." But this year the fun is gone and I think as fans we really need to lighten up and support our guys instead of making them think they're constantly on the chopping block. Instead of demanding wins maybe we should go back to hoping for them. This year will be the last year for a lot of those guys and they want that trophy at the end of the year just as bad as we do. Who knows what the future holds for our tigers but I'll hope for the best.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic