Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN: Does Dabo Swinney have a point about Kaepernick's protest?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN: Does Dabo Swinney have a point about Kaepernick's protest?

Sep 14, 2016, 8:03 AM

ESPN: Does Dabo Swinney have a point about Kaepernick's protest?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN: Does Dabo Swinney have a point about Kaepernick's protest?

Sep 14, 2016, 8:32 AM

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Dabo 100%

Sep 14, 2016, 7:11 PM

We are nothing without country. The Flag and National Anthem represents the first amendment so don't disrespect. People died for that right. Show respect. I'd rather go 0-14 than win the NC with ONE player that takes a knee during the National Anthem.

Re: I agree with Dabo 100%

Sep 14, 2016, 10:39 PM

If we honor the things we should, we never will go 0-14. In my mind, we will be 14-0. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prediction----at the end of my time on this Earth,

Sep 14, 2016, 8:42 AM

I'm really going to wish I had those two minutes back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 9:05 AM

Of course he doesn't. He's never been black a day in his life!

But he is human and God views all humans as equal in His

Sep 14, 2016, 9:28 AM

Eyes.

Bringing politics into this does nothing to glorify God.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Sep 14, 2016, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN: Does Dabo Swinney have a point about Kaepernick's protest? ]

And of course, pointing this out has what effect on unity vs. divisiveness, which is exactly Dabo's point? If you want unity, celebrate unity.

Sep 14, 2016, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN: Does Dabo Swinney have a point about Kaepernick's protest? ]

Neither does clapperdi#k.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 10:44 PM

Actually, Dabo is the one who has a point.

Tigernet: Does ESPN have a point?

Sep 14, 2016, 9:22 AM

That's what the heading should read.

Go Tigers.

No

Sep 14, 2016, 9:28 AM

An American (Dabo) cant comment about UnAmericans unless he has been one.

That's how it works, amirite?

Sep 14, 2016, 9:31 AM

Dabo is 100% correct. People watch football to be entertained. Kaepernick could actually address the issue in any number of meaningful methods. Kaepernick is an employee of the SF 49ers. He is paid a ridiculous amount of money to play a game for our entertainment. The team specifies the uniforms the players wear and the owners have the right to tell the players how to act while performing their job.

This is not a freedom of speech issue - he is on the job and the employer has every right to tell him to stand respectfully.

Sep 14, 2016, 9:32 AM

Absolutely, need more people like him in this world.. Every race have racist people in them! We need more love and respect for others.

What exactly is Kapernick protesting and what does he want?****

Sep 14, 2016, 9:40 AM

Anyone know?*******

Sep 14, 2016, 9:43 AM

HE DOESN'T KNOW - HE IS A SHEEP

Sep 14, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to What exactly is Kapernick protesting and what does he want?**** ]

Like most folks who are torqued up about this "issue" he's likely just brianlessly swallowing the false Black Lives Matter narrative. Most folks who take that position can't articulate anything that isn't nebulous. What most who are of that mindset want is to continue to bark and bellyache about some amorphous "problem" that will continue to fuel the endless stream of race-baiting and the race victimization narrative. That's what they want - endless complaints and an ever-increasingly suffocating narrative in which anyone who questions the Supremacy of the narrative is shouted down, intimidated, embarrassed, etc.

He said it was a country that oppresses black people

Sep 14, 2016, 11:03 AM [ in reply to What exactly is Kapernick protesting and what does he want?**** ]

and people of color. He said he is protesting police getting put on paid leave for murdering black men in the street. He hasn't made it clear as to what exactly he wants, aside from attention.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 14, 2016, 11:22 AM

colonlick does whatever his muslim girlfriend tells him to

Sep 14, 2016, 11:26 AM

colonlick does whatever his muslim girlfriend tells him to

Maybe I'm just off base here but

Sep 14, 2016, 11:38 AM

Does anybody else have a problem with people ONLY being concerned when a black person is a victim of police brutality?

There have been multiple cases of unarmed white citizens being killed at the hands of police but nobody seems to focus or even care about those....

They don't even care if it's a lawful shooting...

Sep 14, 2016, 11:52 AM

it's pretty obvious at this point that the entire movement is just progressives dividing instead of uniting. This issue would be *so* easy for almost everyone (who isn't a cop) to unite on. Nobody should be murdered by the police we pay to protect us from criminals. Simple ####. But instead they take a real issue and bury it underneath a dozen layers of race baiting and divisive language that is *designed* to create animosity and dissension. The people on the ground may think they are sincerely advocating for change, but they're being used by those who fund and direct the movement to make minorities feel as though they are under attack and in need of defense from (bum bum bum) progressive politicians.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I'm just off base here but

Sep 14, 2016, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm just off base here but ]

Police brutality is bad, period. But see there is this narrative that white people have this invisible "privilege" that makes their lives roses and unicorns. And to report on police brutality against white people, shatters their entire argument. Their argument is tantamount to a parent telling a child "DO WHAT I SAY, I'M THE PARENT." Yet the child just wants an answer as to why, yet the answer, the parent doesn't even know themselves

Sep 14, 2016, 11:55 AM

colonlick is just trying to make it politically incorrect to release him

Protest without a solution/desired result is just noise

Sep 14, 2016, 12:37 PM

Colin has yet to state a specific goal (at least I haven't heard one). Dabo is 100% right about this issue. The football field isn't a lunch counter, a school, or a bus. It's a stage for entertainers. If Kaepernick wants to make a difference, then he should meet with the law enforcement community or legislators and work on solutions to the problem. He shouldn't be dragging his team into an issue they may not all agree with.

Dabo used position as coach to make long winded response

Sep 14, 2016, 12:52 PM

He should have been brief in his response if his position was "it's not the right format".

He used his format to bring up multiple political issues that though well said also were made under the privilege of being a coach and spokesperson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Great Time!

Sep 14, 2016, 6:03 PM

He was asked... Great time to say it! Get over it.

Re: A Great Time!

Sep 15, 2016, 5:51 AM

You are spot on. He was asked about it, and his response was a great one.

The beauty of the Free market

Sep 14, 2016, 4:44 PM

My opinion on this whole thing is that Kapernick has a right to voice his opinion, just as I and everyone else has the right to not associate in any way, shape or format with anything he is involved in. You can have your own opinion, but when you #### off enough people, and you're left penniless, don't cry about it. If I were to go out and drink at a bar in my work uniform, and someone saw me and called my supervisor, I would be fired for making my company look bad. It's that simple

Sep 14, 2016, 6:34 PM

This is all horse ####. And if anything I'm guilty of having unjust opinions against white people. It's a great statement to make but the wrong way to make it.

Sep 14, 2016, 8:28 PM

I'm sorry for my outburst. Everybody's go this own story so who am I to slay others' rights????? I was in the wrong.. Forgive me Nuk and any other person I offended. Stay ??

Sep 14, 2016, 10:54 PM

How did Dabo and the Clemson get involved in this again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2016, 6:48 AM

So stupid. If they don't want to hear what he has to say, then don't bait him with the question! They bait you and then take one exerpt from what you say and argue their point. This is exactly why coaches like Saban are rude at times to media.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic