Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

FB Update: Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium

Dec 2, 2016, 7:13 PM

Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liberals giving liberals free handouts

Dec 2, 2016, 7:20 PM

;)

Re: Liberals giving liberals free handouts

Dec 2, 2016, 8:14 PM

Disney owns eSECpn .... they don't care about ticket sales etc.... TV ratings is where the big bucks are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Bingo.***

Dec 2, 2016, 11:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2016, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Liberals giving liberals free handouts ]

I think the game should have stayed in Charlotte, but don't blame the liberals here, as both parties are to blame. Yes, the Liberals pushed a boycott, but only after the Conservatives pushed through horrific law that strips employees of basic rights, and then wrapped it in a BS story about bathrooms and protecting families.

The right passed a horrible law, and then the left pushed a boycott because of it, and now we're all suffering. Politicians ####### suck.

Dec 3, 2016, 12:00 PM

Tmac9wr. I appreciate your attempt at objectivity, but you have made two basic errors:
1. Liberals at all levels dashed to pass legislation prior to the recent election ... to feed the "Deplorables" campaign narrative. It was on purpose, to win with what used to work, not preserve "rights."
2. The process. Our process is that we elect those who represent us. City, County, State, Federal. We sort what is passed by courts and elections. Nowhere in our process does the "NC Double A" or the ACC have authority, except through usurpation. And just like elections, illegal usurpation has consequences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2016, 2:43 PM

Fair enough, but let's not pretend that the Conservatives don't do similar things. They tried to block EVERY piece of legislation Obama tried to pass over the past 8 years. There was a conscious decision from the moment he was elected that the Republicans will go the complete opposite way of him. Chris Christie, as much as I despise him, was considered a traitor of sorts because he accepted federal funds and praised Obama for his help after Hurricane Sandy! Don't you find that to be a little insane?

I don't disagree about the NCAA overstepping their bounds...of course, they're allowed to do so, but I hate the "Boycott X if you disagree with them" attitude that our society has today. It's more prevalent with the left, but the right has its fair share of it too (just look at the Kelloggs/Breitbart situation, or when Campbell's dared to show a gay couple with their child in a commercial).

Dec 3, 2016, 3:16 PM

And yet the call for a boycott, and the kneejerks afterward, of Charlotte is what has us where we are. What has it accomplished other than up the medias rating and cost the ACC a potwad of money (oh yeah, and keep those in Virgina and Clemson that would have gladly gone to Charlotte from doing so)? Apparently the the saying of counting to ten and thinking things through before acting when you're upset holds some truth.

Dec 4, 2016, 3:46 AM

I don't disagree with your point that what has happened is ridiculous...however, by mentioning the boycott's failure, you seem to suggest that this is a Liberal problem, when it's pretty clear both sides are equally as guilty.

Dec 3, 2016, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Liberals giving liberals free handouts ]

Good exchange! I respect your view, but IMHO the left political activist far out number the right. The right has a hard time getting their guy's to fight back! I must correct one fact, though. Repubs are not guilty of obstructing Obama for the last 8 years. First two he had both houses of congress to help him ram his Alt - left, radical progressive agenda down our throats. After two years, however, the people had had enuf, and gave the GOP the majorities they now enjoy in Pres, Senate, House, governers & state houses. Obama was the best thing to happen to GOP since RR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 3:52 AM

Oof, you're certainly going to lose me here. To call Obama a radical left (dude, come on, calling people "alt-left" is literally taking the new idiotic liberal "alt-right" buzzword and putting it in a mirror) is a little nuts. The most radical thing he did was pass Obamacare, a flawed, but pretty widely-liked system. The Left is extremely flawed, condescending and infuriating, but the Right has been far too hard-headed and should admit that the last 8 years were actually a great thing for the country and that we're better off now than we were before Obama came into office. I didn't agree with everything he said or did, but Obama was a great president.

Re: FB Update: Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium

Dec 2, 2016, 7:20 PM

That's some Bull S hit right there

Re: FB Update: Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium

Dec 2, 2016, 7:22 PM

Not to turn this into a political pissing match but is the Belk Bowl still being played at BOA stadium? If so, is the ACC still sending a team there to represent the conference?

Political beliefs aside, this has been a huge business failure on part of the ACC.

^^^ fact***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the CEO should be fired for it - serious.

Dec 2, 2016, 8:27 PM

ACC ain't nothing but business - ### is this political posturing - no place.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2016, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium ]

> Not to turn this into a political pissing match but
> is the Belk Bowl still being played at BOA stadium?
> If so, is the ACC still sending a team there to
> represent the conference?
>
> Political beliefs aside, this has been a huge
> business failure on part of the ACC.

ACC team still will be at the Belk bowl. On top of that you don't see the ACC moving their office out of NC do ya??? It's all about convince. ??

Dec 2, 2016, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium ]

Belk Bowl is still in Charlotte, ACC vs SEC. Latest CBS bowl projection has Miami vs Arkansas.

Message was edited by: Tigers Rule®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2016, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium ]

One more failure in a long list of swofford miscues. He is epic bias and epic failure. in running our conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol i love this

Dec 2, 2016, 7:29 PM

moving the game from a perfect spot politics ..the acc deserves this

Re: lol i love this

Dec 2, 2016, 11:36 PM

No, the entire ACC doesn't deserve this, just the favorites of swofford deserve it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since I Paid For Tix, I should get 4 free Disney Passes

Dec 2, 2016, 7:32 PM

Seems fair to me

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Since I Paid For Tix, I should get 4 free Disney Passes

Dec 2, 2016, 9:27 PM

Seems fair to me also. But the fact is and probably will remain the same tomorrow, and that is Tiger fans here in Orlando are hard to find. Going by an old saying, Tiger fans are as hard to find here in Orlando as it is finding Hen's teeth in cootlumbia maybe, but hard there also being that most of them don't have teeth either, maybe a tooth in some!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

im here in Orlando and I am from NC

Dec 2, 2016, 7:45 PM

The first thing I plan on doing is going into the women's bathroom. That's what it's about right?

Re: im here in Orlando and I am from NC

Dec 2, 2016, 7:48 PM

Yes Minnie.

You can only do that in NC.***

Dec 2, 2016, 9:18 PM [ in reply to im here in Orlando and I am from NC ]

Dec 2, 2016, 7:46 PM

Sad, sad, sad...

Dec 2, 2016, 8:05 PM

Amazing! When I first tried to get tickets I was told my 227 points, 47 years in IPTAY and 8 season tickets (two in premium seating) didn't qualify me to buy any championship game tickets from Clemson at face value. Now they are giving away tickets to Disney Employees? Thank you ACC.

Dec 2, 2016, 11:39 PM

So much truth in what you said. Sad, Really!

Dec 2, 2016, 8:07 PM

I blame NCAA & ACC, who couldn't even wait the courts, legislature or election to support rampant PC from campus. If this hadn't happened, I'd have gone. I hate it for my Tigers, and may be going to AZ if they win and play there, but I want them asked about negative consequences for their actions.

Dec 2, 2016, 8:11 PM

We are all pulling for our Tigers. But the ACC and all who went along willingly with this can go jump! Like most things in the election this is a smear campaign. People are wishing up and will not go along with nonsense any longer. There was no issue until this was made one, and we should look squarely at those who did it. Looking at you Charlotte City Liberals!

now theres an Idea - run the ACC like the Electoral College

Dec 2, 2016, 8:18 PM

NOT MY COMMISH!

College Athletic should not get involved in politics no one

Wins

Would of gone to game in Charlotte but when moved to Orlando due to a bill that some agree and some disagree with

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College Athletic should not get involved in politics no one

Dec 3, 2016, 1:53 AM

I agree with this 100%. I don't like HB2, but I'd prefer sports stay out of politics, regardless of their leanings. This game should be in Charlotte.

Dec 2, 2016, 8:17 PM

It'd be packed in Charlotte

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 2, 2016, 8:28 PM

It's the ACC's fault. They should have found something closer to the original location. People have budgets and most were prepared to drive to Charlotte and drive back after the game. No way to do that going all the way to Orlando. Somewhere in Georgia would have worked. Now the ACC loses money and the teams both lose fan support. Sucky way to end the season.

Dec 2, 2016, 10:40 PM

Woah woah woah. Not ending the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC Begins Social Engineering

Dec 2, 2016, 8:34 PM

The ACC, having solved all the challenges of college athletics, now assumes the role of social engineering.

Where in their charter is the justification for endeavoring to control the affairs of legislatures and the citizens of a state?

Irregardless of where one might stand on such issues, surely the ACC and its athletic directors are not tasked nor empowered to deprive any state's people of the right to earn income. Your role is athletics. Please stay out of social engineering. Your attempts have cost thousands of people a great deal of money based on your broken commitments to Charlotte. Now the ACC is taking a bath financially.

Did Clemson vote in favor of the ACCCG move?

Dec 2, 2016, 8:44 PM

I need to call the office of Clemson Board of Trustees to follow up on this. I may need to change my will - we have not business telling people of NC that shared shower facilities must be shared between self declared gender preferences.

Re: Did Clemson vote in favor of the ACCCG move?

Dec 2, 2016, 8:53 PM

I understood all presidents voted for it. Probably pressured.

out of 14 not a single president voted against the move?

Dec 2, 2016, 9:14 PM

I guess I have lived too long, times don't make sense to me now.

Just feel better about this:

Dec 3, 2016, 1:23 PM

If a guy in a dress shows up at the ACCCG and has to take a crap, he can do it in the ladies room. Isn't that what it's really all about anyway?

Re: Did Clemson vote in favor of the ACCCG move?

Dec 3, 2016, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Did Clemson vote in favor of the ACCCG move? ]

Reports said it was a unanimous vote.

Irregardless isn't a word.***

Dec 2, 2016, 9:25 PM [ in reply to ACC Begins Social Engineering ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Ir...regardless.***

Dec 3, 2016, 12:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC is run by a bunch of cowards. Huge embarrassment.***

Dec 2, 2016, 8:40 PM

Wish someone could take a pic of Swofford

Dec 2, 2016, 9:28 PM

standing next to Goofy

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wish someone could take a pic of Swofford

Dec 3, 2016, 9:39 AM

But how would you tell them apart? More like a picture of Goofy with a Disney character.

Swofford in a dress, going into the ladies room.

Dec 3, 2016, 1:28 PM

At least then there could be some justification. My guess is that out of the 50,000 people at tonights game, the people with swinging richards will use the men's room and the ones without will use the ladies room. All of this garbage over absolutely nothing.

I was fully planning to attend the ACCCG in Charlotte, but I'll be daamned if I'm driving to Orlando to make some fruitcake feel better out himself for wiping front to back. Friggin ridiculous.

Re: Swofford in a dress, going into the ladies room.

Dec 5, 2016, 3:53 PM

I just hope the NCAA is ready because it won't be long before a Sammy turned Susie wants to be a cheerleader and share the locker room and showers with the rest of the girls. Let's see how well prepared they'll be for that!

ACC Championship Game--Total Joke!!!

Dec 2, 2016, 9:30 PM

Except that I hate for fans not to support the Tigers, I wish this game would be played in an empty stadium in Orlando! The ACC should have had the balls to tell the NCAA that they were not moving championship games out of NC--the NCAA could take a hike! They could have done this and the NCAA could not have stopped them--heck, the NCAA can't even decide whether to punish Swoffie's boys at UNC for lack of institutional control for 18 years, but it got Notre Dame for a rogue trainer doing players' homework. The NCAA is a total joke, and so are the college presidents who supported this crap ( pun intended ). I hope our CU President was and is smarter than playing the politically correct game with these ridiculous liberals because there is absolutely NO END to their foolishness!!! Tell me why Trump won again???

Dec 2, 2016, 9:37 PM

The whole scenario sux but hey, I live in Georgetown and we are getting the ACC women's golf tournament in Pawleys Island, so all is well!

I hope they all wear their costumes

Dec 2, 2016, 9:44 PM

The ACC deserves an empty stadium for playing politics. However, a stadium full of Disney characters would be even better.

Hey Swoffy - you're a joke and it's going to be displayed on national TV.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no huevos amiga!

Dec 2, 2016, 10:18 PM

She needs to stand in front of a mirror and find her huevos

Dec 2, 2016, 10:34 PM

Interesting that those in charge of ticket distribution initially required IPTAY members to have a minimum of 250 points to order 2 tickets; 500 points to order 4 tickets. These requirements were lowered later; ultimately all minimum points were eliminated. I have over 350 points. When I ordered the tickets, could only order 2; wanted 3. Was very frustrating to have to finagle an additional ticket from someone else to later learn I could have gotten 3 or more--now they are giving tickets away. Sheesh! They really missed the mark on ticket distribution for this game.

Dec 2, 2016, 11:45 PM

Clements supported the move. He owes it to Clemson fans to explain why he went along with this. Lost a lot of respect for him when he did so.

Columbia rag prepares headline about Clemson and Tiggers***

Dec 3, 2016, 12:05 AM

Said from day 1 that the ACC will regret moving football game from Charlotte

Dec 3, 2016, 12:28 AM

They've had very good crowds there compared to when the CG's were in Florida. The fact that Clemson & VT are in it again, you could guarantee that game was gonna be a sellout crowd had it been in Charlotte w/ both schools only a couple hours away.

As much as I don't want to see it b/c it means good # of our fans didn't make the trip, but I hope there are camera shots showing a half full or less stadium. Maybe the ACC will get it thru their heads that Florida CG games aren't going to work. If the game doesn't return to Charlotte soon, hope the ACC will switch to awarding the game to the team w/ highest ranking or best conference record. Only way I think the games will have worthwhile attendance outside of playing it in Charlotte.

Re: Said from day 1 that the ACC will regret moving football game from Charlotte

Dec 3, 2016, 8:28 AM

With each team expecting a good good bowl or a spot in the National Championship playoff, many people have to decide when to spend their money. Charlotte would attract many more, but NC chose to create a problem where none was known to exist for politics. They reap what they sow.

There were ticket deals on Groupon a week ago !!!!***

Dec 3, 2016, 12:57 AM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 3, 2016, 3:50 AM

This is the first tI'm this has happened. If I remember correctly, didn't the ACC and the NCAA pull the Baseball Regional several years ago from Myrtle Beach (Coastal Carolina had qualified to host) because of the Confederate Flag flying over the Statehouse?

Dec 3, 2016, 3:50 AM

This is the first tI'm this has happened. If I remember correctly, didn't the ACC and the NCAA pull the Baseball Regional several years ago from Myrtle Beach (Coastal Carolina had qualified to host) because of the Confederate Flag flying over the Statehouse?

Dec 3, 2016, 3:51 AM

Dec 3, 2016, 3:53 AM

Should have read "This isn't the first time this has happened ".

Dec 3, 2016, 7:34 AM

Apparently the old adage "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is very unfamiliar to the ACC commissioners, and quite a few college presidents. Kneejerk reactions always make sense (sarcasm)??. Go Tigers!

What about about Universal studios employees?

Dec 3, 2016, 8:31 AM

Heck if they wanted to fill stadium, give out free airline vouchers for folks who live near GSP, ATL, or DCA (or whatever airport is near VT)

Dec 3, 2016, 8:37 AM

They will be lucky if any of those Disney employees show up. I bet they could care less.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic