Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Dexter Lawrence drawing rave reviews from Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,986

FB Update: Dexter Lawrence drawing rave reviews from Venables

Aug 5, 2016, 9:22 AM

Dexter Lawrence drawing rave reviews from Venables

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! Hasn't even fully geared up and this much praise. If

Aug 5, 2016, 9:29 AM

we had to choose, I like this guy over Gary anyways, but let's be honest I'd love to have had both. DL seems to have that Clemson quality. is and will be special. as others suggest, he's going to make other players better, especially offensive lineman. Definitely a Clemson guy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Dexter Lawrence drawing rave reviews from Venables

Aug 5, 2016, 9:33 AM

glad he's a Tiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2016, 9:41 AM

and I suspect opponents wont be

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2016, 9:41 AM

Nothing I've heard indicates anything less than a top 5 pick in 3 years. His movement skills and special ability to play with pad level at a massive size fit into any system

Aug 5, 2016, 10:06 AM

I'm so pumped to watch this defense. Some how they are doubted yet again but man we have some awesome talent. Christian Wilkins is a freak and Dex seems to be too. Carlos Watkins too. OMG. Then the rest of the crew sounds crazy good behind them. The opponent's linemen are just gonna get torn up. I am gonna have to feel bad for some of our opponents. I think we might have some crazy crazy scores in our games. Like Baylor type scores. We are just going to dominate even when second, third, fourth team guys are in there.

- Drinking cool aid

Aug 5, 2016, 10:16 AM

Don't forget about Pagano. That guy is solid. And it sounds like Huggins will contribute a lot this year. We are stacked at tackle.

Aug 5, 2016, 10:52 AM

I think a lot of OLs are going to have to double team a lot on our DTs... which means our DEs are gonna be one on one or being blocked by a TE or a RB!

Aug 5, 2016, 6:04 PM

And coach VB will release those LB's like he releasing a set of pit-bulls or rottweilers with their ears pinned back.

Aug 5, 2016, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dexter Lawrence drawing rave reviews from Venables ]

But much better on defense than the Baylor Teddy Bears. More like 55-17 type scores (as opposed to 55-42), with the second defensive unit yielding a score or two.

Aug 5, 2016, 2:06 PM

I thought 63-17

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2016, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dexter Lawrence drawing rave reviews from Venables ]

I thought 63-17

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2016, 10:31 AM

If Ferrell and Bryant generate any type of solid pass rush this year, which I expect they will....the D won't fall off much at from last year. Especially since they'll see nothing but one on one with how stout the DT's are. The LB's are going to love hiding behind that monster D-line and the secondary should benefit as well. Young, but enormously TALENTED! Overall I expect the offense PPG to go up at least 3 ppg with the D maybe dropping just 1-2 ppg.

I just can't imagine any fall off with Bryant. Shaq was

Aug 5, 2016, 10:45 AM

shaq but he was also injured a good portion. Bryant seems legit and watching him play later in the season, I'm comfortable with him in there. I also feel like there is better depth right now. I admit, I haven't watched some of the others as closely. There is certainly a potential for a drop off there, but I think we should be pleasantly surprised. Sounds like we have a lot of young, raw talent at LB and backfield, deeper than previously, just not a lot of experience. I'm hoping with going up against our WRs everyday and getting a few games under their belt that they will be solid as year goes along. Injuries are key, I hope we're done with those.

Shaq brought a meaness that I hope someone else duplicates***

Aug 5, 2016, 12:18 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Venables smiles like that, he knows his front 4 is

Aug 5, 2016, 11:05 AM

going to be sick. Just nasty. And it's obvious he can barely contain his joy at thinking about his defense unleash he(( on the opposition.

Once we're set at DE and LB, look out.

I'm less and less concerned about our backfield......this kind of talent can cover up a lot of deficiencies (which, btw, I'm not too sure we have many given what we've seen from our young guys).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 5, 2016, 11:46 AM

Our LB's are going to be able to pin their ears back and attack the ball this season.

chester mcglockton 2.0

Aug 5, 2016, 3:40 PM

He reminds a lot of big Chester...just saying

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic