Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update

Nov 15, 2014, 12:34 PM

Deshaun Watson injury update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update

Nov 15, 2014, 12:38 PM

thanks chad...you suc$

Nov 15, 2014, 12:40 PM

You suck. That's weak. Beyatch.

Nov 15, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

You suck. That's weak. Beyatch.

Nov 15, 2014, 12:50 PM

#### YOU TJ I'll whoop your ###

Nov 15, 2014, 12:56 PM

Lol wow

Nov 15, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

No. Tigernet thugging is weak. Bye Felicia.

Nov 15, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

Nov 15, 2014, 1:05 PM

Echo...echo...echo...echo..

Nov 15, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

tj you are little beatch

Nov 15, 2014, 1:10 PM

Ok, Cole Stoudt

Nov 15, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

A mobile QB is Clemson's offense, so it should be no surprise that Watson ran a lot. Also, he was coming back from a hand injury, not a leg injury, so why not run him?

Theres a lot of dumb fair weather fans and coots right now.

Nov 15, 2014, 1:12 PM

You have to be a special kind of stupid to blame chad Morris for Watsons injury we can't wrap him in bubble wrap and hide him from the defense. I really wish this site was a secret so every dumbarse from here to Columbia wouldn't come on here when we face any adversity.

Re: Theres a lot of dumb fair weather fans and coots right now.

Nov 15, 2014, 1:13 PM

I agree.

Nov 15, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Theres a lot of dumb fair weather fans and coots right now. ]

You're the ####### you don't call 8 quarterback runs with a quarterback who just got back from an injury. You must be related to Morris cause you're both retarded

Nov 15, 2014, 3:17 PM

you realize the hand and the knee are of different body parts, right?

MENSA candidate right here.

thats ridiculous. $100000 says u never thought that until

Nov 15, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Theres a lot of dumb fair weather fans and coots right now. ]

after he went down. It was a freak injury-could have easily happened in the pocket or side stepping a rusher. He was making awesome runs-no reason not to keep doing it.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Theres a lot of dumb fair weather fans and coots right now. ]

Well said Hillbilly Beater!!! An injury like this could have happened during warm-ups. To blame Chad Morris is beyond ridiculous. Morris said all week that Watson would run, and why not? He doesn't run on his hand. lol.

On another note,it saddens me beyond words at the classless remarks that are being made by Coot fans throughout social media. One person called it "karma", and Watson "deserved" it. Unbelievable, even for the likes of them. We REALLY need to rally around this team and whoever the QB may be for the SC game and SHUT THEM UP(and their classless coach) on the field.

Nov 16, 2014, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Theres a lot of dumb fair weather fans and coots right now. ]

You are such a dumb### chad Morris sucks plain and simple if you run a freshmen under weight qb every dang time up the middle over and over while he is getting hit hard everytime he is going to get hurt especially when he just came back from a injury you guys need to take your #### orange clemson glasses off and finally see the truth that no matter how you look at it he is still a highschool coach from Texas and needs to go back there because if he doesn't have star players on the field at qb or someone to make him look good he can't even get a touchdown

Nov 16, 2014, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Theres a lot of dumb fair weather fans and coots right now. ]

On top of everything else, DW wasn't even hit. It was one of those freak injuries where his knee just gave out on him, like what happened to Peake, when his knee went out on him in a practice drill. How are you going to blame Morris for that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

Or because he WAS our best passer let him throw and not get beat up. He is fragile fellow that needs to stay in the pocket! We have play making WRs and a week running game; its beyond me why we were running all the option runs vs a option team.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:28 PM

No one "beat" him up. It was a freak injury with no contact. The same thing could have happened during warm-ups, or if he were avoiding the rush. Let's rally around this team like never before and beat Ga. State, then the Coots. We'll beat them with defense and FGs if we have to...Have faith. The coots have not faced a defense like ours..ever.

Nov 16, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

Uhh, because it was working!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

Red Zone play calling atrocious. Team has lost all confidence in Stoudt. I don't care what any coaches say or fans. Lost confidence!

In Nick we trust!

Nov 15, 2014, 1:32 PM

I agree, stoudt can't get out of his own shadow. The dude sucks plane and simple. Put another quarter back in the game, if we don't we lose plan and simple.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

I agree. Tajh was always saying that Nick is a great QB, underrated, and he just needs a chance.....I with ya 100%

Nov 15, 2014, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

What? Chad did that WOW

Nov 15, 2014, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

Trek, you are #### idiot.

Nov 15, 2014, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

You are some kind of dumb you f'n idiot

Where are all the Stoudt lovers out there?

Nov 15, 2014, 1:14 PM

I've read all your posts over the past month, where are you now? I wouldn't let him touch the ball on the sidelines. Much less in the game.

We're still pulling for Clemson, not sounding like a

Nov 15, 2014, 1:30 PM

bunch of worm-pullers who abandon the team when things aren't going well. We need to lose some of you nancys as so called fans. What a bunch of fair weather, coot look-alike home ohs. You embarrass yourselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These are probably the same fans who show up to a game like

Nov 15, 2014, 1:41 PM

sc state once every year or so then are the first to talk about how clemson won't get anymore of their money until some coach is gone or something changes like they're somehow relevant outside of taking up room in a bleacher once a year. Some of our fans were born to be coots but somehow we got stuck with them.

Hillbilly, the facts are Cole can't get it done...........

Nov 15, 2014, 2:02 PM

I live in reality, you should try it sometime. Don't agree, call them a coot.. Your pathetic.

Re: These are probably the same fans who show up to a game like

Nov 15, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to These are probably the same fans who show up to a game like ]

Simply a ignorant rant...anyone can comment on anything regardless of how many games they attend. People like you give Clemson fans a bad name. There are those who have families, who work, who cannot attend every game like unemployed folk or single an we have every #### right to criticize this program without being called a coot or some other childish name morons like you call us.

I guess we are supposed to sit around with our thumb up our #### and say oh good job coach i mean recruiter dabo...good screen chad my so called amazing offensive mind is thinking vanilla morris...we are not a top 25 team, lets stop kidding ourselves...every time we play USuck as long as spurrier is head coach we will get out coached and lose more times than not, regardless of talent.

Re: We're still pulling for Clemson, not sounding like a

Nov 15, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to We're still pulling for Clemson, not sounding like a ]

So, in your opinion Stoudt is playing well? You pull the coot card every time you read something you don't agree with. pathetic. Oh, hold on Stoudt just threw another pick. You were saying? Nobody here has given up on theTigers, but when someone is obviously not playing well, try something else.

Hey, portroyal1, you still think Cole is awesome? Let's hear

Nov 24, 2018, 7:40 AM

It? Where you at cheerleader.? Just proves you don't know what your talking about and when someone expresses the correct opinion., you call them a coot. Dabo finally made the call to pull your boy, but too late as usual.

Re: Where are all the Stoudt lovers out there?

Nov 15, 2014, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Where are all the Stoudt lovers out there? ]

I guess you cant expect Stoudt to keep getting jerked around based solely on how the super freshman is feeling, and expect him to be prepared to help you win a football game. Must have been pretty disheartening for Stoudt to help the tigers to a 7-2 record only to sit the pine right away when the super injury prone freshman was feeling ok again. I wonder how this week of preperation went for the game, he definitely didnt get any reps as the starter, and was not included in the gameplan against Georgia Tech. It also doesnt help when defenders are swarming on u unblocked (ask nick schuessler), and a receiver slows up in the middle of a pattern. I only saw the second half, and it looked to me like the protection was patchy at best, and on the pick 6 the receiver slowed up in the pattern, though Stoudt shouldnt have thrown into double coverage even if he was showing confidence in his playmaker to make a play on a big third down. Also it doesnt help your qb confidence for your offensive coordinater to mention how his play calling is more limited under stoudt than at any other time, and how happy he was to get the super freshman in there to put up some stats for him...That prior interview made it sound like hed almost rather lose the game as long as his offense put up stats. I like what our OC has done at Clemson, but hopefully he puts a premium on winning with the players he has to work with, instead of focusing on putting up stats that make his pride shoot through the roof. Its great to have high standards, but you have to cater to your personnel, and win at all costs, even if the style doesnt suit your fancy. You have to ask yourself, what can we do to win, not what can we do to pump up our stats. I feel bad for Stoudt and his psyche after gettn jerked around all season, and feel bad for DW cuz while hes a definite natural for the position, though he couldve used a redshirt to get stronger and fill out...as his broken collarbone, broken finger, and knee injury attest. Thats at least three tough injuries in the span of 3-5 months of going up against the big boys in college. DW most likely wouldve been a monster next year coming off a redshirt/backup role where he got in a whole year of preperation/adjusting at this level. If he blew out his knee, hopefully his rehab goes well, cuz he looks like quite the talent,and seems like a excellent kid...just wasn't physically rdy as an 18 yr old freshman to play with the big boys and come away unscathed. Hopefully the Tigers can find a way to beat the Coots and end the season on a high note, cuz they havent been able to do that for quite awhile. Got Tigers!!!!!

Wasn't just this game dude, he has looked bad for a while***

Nov 15, 2014, 4:00 PM

Re: Wasn't just this game dude, he has looked bad for a while***

Nov 15, 2014, 4:09 PM

At least we know why chad Kelly was so disgruntled he knew stout was worth a hoot. He probably has a grin ear to ear right now!

Nov 15, 2014, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the Stoudt lovers out there? ]

Actually just watched the second pick 6 on highlights, and not sure if the wr slowed up on the route, but the announcers said it looked like Stoudt threw it to a spot and the recevier slowed up on the route...the first pick 6 was a lousy decision lol...If Schuessler does start, it wouldnt suprise me, he had better numbers than anyone in the spring game...though Stoudt was looking pretty good before he got yanked for the freshman again this last time.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the Stoudt lovers out there? ]

Well said splode.....I hate it for both Stoudt and Watson....I really think Stoudt is not 100% either, and I know Stoudt has made some terrible throws, but our O-line is awful, and to be fair to Stoudt, when you have defenders in your face every throw, I know I would be a little gunshy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please take down video loop of Watson injury on this page***

Nov 15, 2014, 1:24 PM

Nov 15, 2014, 1:26 PM

CRAP! Menu change in athletics....milk, broccoli, and beef, three times a day..breakfast lunch and supper..injuries SUCK!!!!

update***

Nov 15, 2014, 1:32 PM

nm

If Stoudt took a knee every snap, we'd at least be tied***

Nov 15, 2014, 1:37 PM

Re: If Stoudt took a knee every snap, we'd at least be tied***

Nov 15, 2014, 1:41 PM

I am so tired of this crap. Watson is out for the rest of the game that means Cole is going to have to win the game. I have no confidense in Cole. We have no quarterback and offensive line so now we are screwed.

Hey, don't write your opinion, 1portroyalty will call you a

Nov 15, 2014, 1:59 PM

Coot.

Re: Hey, don't write your opinion, 1portroyalty will call you a

Nov 15, 2014, 2:03 PM

Update #6...Season is over

Awwww, you need a hanky? Sorry I hurt your feelings

Nov 15, 2014, 2:31 PM

little fella.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you in the 7th grade? Do your parents know you are on...

Nov 15, 2014, 2:52 PM

the net?

Nov 15, 2014, 2:20 PM

I hope one of the freshman coming in next year can play right away.

Nov 15, 2014, 2:24 PM

Cole stoutd sucks so much 2 #### pick 6s he doesn't even look at the coverage he picks who he's going to throw b4 the play starts thank god they put nick in he can't do any worse cole has more completions to the other team

Nov 15, 2014, 2:36 PM

Call the option unsexy,plain, boring, whatever you call it's getting the job done as much as I hate it.

Nov 15, 2014, 2:43 PM

I think it's mostly the 17 points our offense has given them...not so much the option.

Nov 15, 2014, 2:46 PM

D bears their share of the burden...out of position, etc...got to love M. Alexander...he has played. Brandon wiles just took a Lattimore style hit..hes out...

Nov 15, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

You do understand how the option works on a defense right??? Got to hold defense up front to protect against the run leaving backfield skinny.

If Nick doesn't start next week, I don't know what to think***

Nov 15, 2014, 2:56 PM

Re: If Nick doesn't start next week, I don't know what to think***

Nov 15, 2014, 4:10 PM

Stoudt was starting to look pretty good until they yanked him for the freshman again...imo the Tigers best chance against the coots is to get Stoudt rolling in the right direction again against SCstate...Cant wait to see Stoudt be the first QB in over 5 seasons to beat the coots... can you? didnt think so cooter hahaha

Nov 15, 2014, 4:14 PM

What games have you been watching???

Nov 15, 2014, 5:09 PM

Ive been watching the games where Clemson went 4-0 with Stoudt as their QB, even though he has a bum shoulder and hes been playing behind a patchwork o-line due to all the injuries. It looked to me like Stoudt and the offense were becoming more comfortable with each other each week. The continuity and momentum seemed to be building on offense, and in his last game before being yanked again, Stoudt as a QB had a better game against Wake Forest than any other QB this year. People dont want to give props cuz its wake forest, but their defense is legit, especially their passing defense. Stoudt fared better, and put up better numbers against Wake than any QB has this year, including Jameis Winston. Most importantly, the Clemson offense got better as the game went on, and dominated play in 4th quarter to seal the win. You could see the offense gaining momentum the whole game, and they did what good teams do, they finished. This offense kinda gives you the feeling of the race horse who doesnt necessarily start fast, but finds a way to finish strong if they dont get caught up in a field of indecision.

.????.?? What? Cliff, is that you?***

Nov 15, 2014, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: If Nick doesn't start next week, I don't know what to think*** ]

Re: .????.?? What? Cliff, is that you?***

Nov 15, 2014, 5:27 PM

I call it like I see it, and there is a little depth behind what I say because I take the good with the bad, and do a little pondering before forming my opinions...Which contrasts with those fly off the handle people out there who dont see a touchdown on every drive and find the first scapegoat they can to cry about. Some people just need that one person to blame to make themselves feel better about things, but in reality, there are so many variables/factors that play into any given scenario. Its a team sport, and unless the offense has players who are twice as good as the opponent, they need to be able to develop continuity and find their identity as a unit to have a chance to win together.

Re: .????.?? What? Cliff, is that you?***

Nov 17, 2014, 10:43 PM

Stout is a joke. If he is our starter the remainder of the year we will likely have 2 more in the "L" column. No way he will beat SC and no way he will win in a bowl game. Amazing he stayed on the roster for 5 years. His QB rating for the game was -12 and as the sports casters pointed out "never before has a QB had a minus (-) rating for a game.

Nov 15, 2014, 2:40 PM

Ravorsharp....those folks that don't want to hear criticism played on those "everybody gets a trophy" teams...

Agree, a bunch of cheerleaders

Nov 15, 2014, 2:57 PM

Anytime you state a fact of underperforming players, your called a coot

Re: Agree, a bunch of cheerleaders

Nov 15, 2014, 3:02 PM

Yes sir....looks like the ##### day isn't going much better...

Re: Agree, a bunch of cheerleaders

Nov 15, 2014, 3:03 PM

Scuse me...coots..4th quarter again...

Nov 15, 2014, 3:03 PM

Another great game by our over paid offensive masterbater.I actually saw him flipping through the coaching for dummies handbook. How many games do we need to lose before we run him out of Clemson. Sad thing is nobody wants his over rated sorry #### so now we're stuck with him

I don't know, his hands are pretty tied when your on

Nov 15, 2014, 3:09 PM

Your third string and Stoudt is really bad. Watson was taking a beating early. Took too long to pull Stoudt.

Re: I don't know, his hands are pretty tied when your on

Nov 15, 2014, 3:31 PM

Blows my mind how quick some people are so quick to start screaming "run Chad out". You can't make chicken soup out of chicken crap. Stoudt is horrible and the offense goes flat when #4 isn't in there. A coach can only do so much. You can't force guys to get up for a dude playing QB who sux out loud. I'd wager that if #4 dind't go out the outcome would be much different. I hate that we lost but some of you people don't think before you start running off at the mouth.

Re: I don't know, his hands are pretty tied when your on

Nov 15, 2014, 5:00 PM

I don't agree with using Watson as a running back, but who would these guys replace CM with? Who is available and better than him?

Nov 15, 2014, 3:57 PM

Unless there was obvious instability, we really will not know for sure without MRI...hope it is better news than we think.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:12 PM

Just a thought...but we need to say bye-bye batson with all these injuries

Remember....

Nov 15, 2014, 6:03 PM

Back in April, people thought we were "too deep" at QB.
Now, we don't have 1 at all.

Shame, after Watson....
not a lot to choose from. It's either Cole or nothing.
Shussler? (sp) Don't think so.

Going be hard to beat anyone when you can't score. Suppoisively GT
was one of the worst defenses we would see.

How bad has this offense line fell? Caldwell.- ugh.

Re: Remember....

Nov 15, 2014, 6:28 PM

Why are y'all so hard on Cole he threw 2 TD's passes today. That was better that the last few games!! ..........Oh wait? Never mind , Flame on,,!!

ACL

Nov 15, 2014, 6:54 PM

Not heard an official source (trainer, coach, player, etc.) confirm that Deshaun has a torn ACL

Re: ACL

Nov 15, 2014, 11:35 PM

Doesn't sound good. Im sure they did the sideline tests, found instability in his knee, and made a tentative call for ligament damage. They're not going to give any official word though until an MR can confirm. Really hate it for Watson and the team. We won with Stoudt but it was no secret that it was Watson's offense. Im sure nobody had any delusions we would win out with Stoudt. Not after the trip he's taken this season. It would be really nice to see him beat Sakerlina. He deserves to go out on a high note.

Everyone breathe

Nov 15, 2014, 9:10 PM

terrible day to be a Clemson fan. Hopefully this doesn't hurt our recruiting. Deshawn will get surgery, recover, and hopefully we can rebound. Also have 2 qb's (pending signing) that are going to come in here and learn under Deshawn. coaches
Need to have an open mind with freshman starting entire season. Hopefully this won't hurt Deshawns career, but bottom line is we need to breathe, relax and get out of this season with a good finish or our recruiting will take a big hit. Pray for Deshawn recovery. GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Everyone breathe

Nov 15, 2014, 9:53 PM

Yep. I'm right there with ya. Deshaun will probably get surgery, recover and be just fine for next fall.(Maybe even spring depending on the severity.) I also agree with what you are saying about the QBs coming in next year. Tucker Israel is going to be special. Didn't he break all the passing records in Florida? That's not easy to do. Deshaun is the future, and he'll be back stronger than ever.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:13 PM

Hope it's not the ACL. Not fair for kids to have to lose so much time with these knee injuries. This kid has a bright future. Even though I want to beat CU in every sport in the worst way, I hate to see any player have injuries like that. I also like to see good stories like Daniel Rodriguez for either school. Hope Watson's injury is not serious. (I can't find anything definitive online, just speculation............anyone have a link as to whether or not it's an ACL?

Go away dude. Nobody cares what you think

Nov 15, 2014, 11:45 PM

Even if you are sincere, we don't want you here. You caught a break. Soon enough the college football world will be back to normal with USuC at the bottom. It's not if...it's when. No self respecting man would ever cheer for a ####.

1portroyalty/hillbilly? Cole had 19 yards. Where is your

Nov 15, 2014, 11:47 PM

analysis now? Crickets!

Nov 16, 2014, 11:52 AM

A question for anyone .has anyone ever seen a player walk to the locker room with ease like Deshaun did with a torn acl?All i have seen with this had to be carted off

Nov 16, 2014, 11:55 AM

RG3 did it in the playoffs in 2012 and he had 2 torn ligaments and a partial tear of a 3rd. T Boyd played on a torn ACL his senior season of HS. It rare but it can be done.

Nov 16, 2014, 11:58 AM

The word is Gurley has a torn acl also. Although I can't verify that

Nov 16, 2014, 2:20 PM

The question that comes to my mind is why does DW have lanes to run in and the backs can't find those lanes. If they could , the QB wouldn't have run so much. That's the problem that we and it needs to be fixed. Change the freaking plays make adjustments such as pitting them in the pistol. CHAD MORRIS EARN YOUR FREAKING PAY.

Nov 16, 2014, 3:42 PM

You really are quite the coach calling out coach Morris like that. Idiot!

Use common sense people!

Nov 16, 2014, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

We all know Watson has a torn acl. Why even speculate. He's done for the year. We also know Stoudt will start next week. No other options. We also know Chad Morris can't game plan for a qb, if so he would have made special child plays for Stoudt all season. And for Dabo, we have learned he's no real head coach. He doesn't have the ability or the balls to tell Morris to make sufficient changes or how to prepare the offense in a different way. Its obvious there is only 1 coach with the ability to lead this team....Venables! 3 coaches need to be replaced after this years results-Dabo, Morris, and Caldwell. Game after game its no changes, same end result!

Re: Use common sense people!

Nov 16, 2014, 4:23 PM

Lol shut up! This sh*t is rabble.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Use common sense people!

Nov 16, 2014, 5:15 PM

Please don't fire Dabo. He makes football so very interesting. Especially around Thanksgiving.

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic