Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Dabo Swinney on the retirement of Steve Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: Dabo Swinney on the retirement of Steve Spurrier

Oct 13, 2015, 11:38 AM

Dabo Swinney on the retirement of Steve Spurrier

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classy response as usual. Better than I could have done

Oct 13, 2015, 11:41 AM

given the jabs Spurrier continually fired at Dabo and Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Swinney is nothing but class!

Oct 13, 2015, 11:43 AM

He's a better man than me. I would have been blasting the ole dirt bag

Re: FB Update: Dabo Swinney on the retirement of Steve Spurrier

Oct 13, 2015, 11:43 AM

Man, Dabo is awesome.

Would the OBS ever say anything like that about anyone?***

Oct 13, 2015, 11:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Would the OBS ever say anything like that about anyone?***

Oct 13, 2015, 12:50 PM

Nope...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would the OBS ever say anything like that about anyone?***

Oct 13, 2015, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Would the OBS ever say anything like that about anyone?*** ]

He would never give anyone any praise over himself, so no he wouldn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a lot of superlatives Dabo gave that d-bag,

Oct 13, 2015, 11:47 AM

points for classiness but good riddance to a cancerous imp.

Oct 13, 2015, 11:48 AM

It sucks that Spurrier didn't stick around long enough for Dabo to overtake him in head-to-head victories!

Dabo will overtake his NCs!

Oct 13, 2015, 12:18 PM

nm

Oct 15, 2015, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dabo Swinney on the retirement of Steve Spurrier ]

I suspect his abrupt departure reflects his expectations for their "success" (lack thereof).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2015, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dabo Swinney on the retirement of Steve Spurrier ]

He, Spurrier is an arrogant Sumbitch, but he ain't stupid. He remembers well all the smack he has talked to Dabo and about Clemson. He knows as well as anyone in college FB the talent that Dabo has stocked piled, and he knows what the results of all that talent will mean going forward against him as a HC. He wasn't about to the HC that Dabo beats down for the next couple of years with just what he has now. And knowing how well Dabo recruits for Clemson, Slurrier wasn't about to be in Columbia on the recieving end of those ASSwhippings!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has more class than Tigernet

Oct 13, 2015, 12:54 PM

posters. Here is what I would have said about Spurrier if I was Dabo.

The old ball sack is nothing but a coot and a quitter. I wish he would have stayed so I could kick his ### from here to Timbucktoo come November. You can't spell loser coot without steve spurrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now .....Who Wants To Be The Future Of Chickenlina??***

Oct 13, 2015, 1:03 PM

Re: Now .....Who Wants To Be The Future Of Chickenlina??***

Oct 15, 2015, 1:06 PM

I realize that most of us Clemson fans despise USUC, and most of the people that claim to be a fan of usuc. But if anyone of us were a Clemson coach, we would suck it up and be a professional like Dabo has done, and spoke well of Spurrier. It's not like we would have to be a professional towards him everyday in the media. But at home around family and true friends, I would be like, I wish he hadn't quit right when I was about to drag and embarrass him on the field.

Re: Is anyone surprised

Oct 13, 2015, 1:09 PM

Knew this was coming. It's always been about himself. To quit while preparing for next opponent and to quit before finishing the season sets the example for his players that it's ok to quit. Now everyone can say resign, retired, make room for someone else but the way this was done is simply quitting. Don't try to frame it any other way. What we won't know ( nor do we really care to )is the underlying reason or reasons why and there are other reasons. One that comes to my mind is that he is scared to the Tigers because he knows what is coming. Yes, things are back to normal at the "chicken coop".

Heading to the other USC???

Oct 13, 2015, 2:22 PM

I would think it's a possibility.

Oct 13, 2015, 2:37 PM

If you cut through the BS:

"I talked to Spurrier this morning. Funny how my career is just getting going and his is over... I respect him.. Doesn't mean I like him, but I respect him. I remember back when I played at Alabama and sacked his punter in the SECCG. I had him throwing visors back then, and even last year still had him throwing visors. I wish we could have gotten one more game on that old d-bag, but it is what it is. Look what he did for Duke - got them an ACC Championship. And USC - they've been around forever and they've always sucked. He got them a little bit better. But Florida - now, he did turn that team into something. He was pretty good down there.. Yea, he runs his mouth, but he is who he is. We've had dinner with them a few times. I love his wife to death; she's great. Him.. well - yea, I respect him."

There are a couple of subtle jabs in there.

Oct 13, 2015, 3:18 PM

I think I read Spurrier made the statement he was not retireing, he was resigning (quitting).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2015, 7:22 PM

Football is a business - an entertainment business. Spurrier was good at his business. Didn't care for the guy, but he created reasons for attention which translated to $$$. Read between the lines - he wasn't a bad guy according to Dabo's comments.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic