Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in "Super 16" Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in "Super 16" Poll

Aug 15, 2015, 9:08 AM

Clemson ranked in "Super 16" Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in "Super 16" Poll

Aug 15, 2015, 9:34 AM

I think we should be sitting in the 5-7 range these other guys are clearly just put in the top every year whether they belong or not with Notre Dame, USC, Auburn, Georgia lost . I mean what have these teams proven. TCU was good last year, Baylor was Good, Ohio State Obviously gets the nod at #1, but what about FSU, Notre Dame, USC, Michigan State, Auburn getting auto top 10s every year. I mean Auburn had a 5 loss season.....So did Notre Dame, Southern Cal had 4 loses.......FSU lost a lot last season again and with Cook out indefinitely....I don't understand the rankings I guess Dabo is right you can't pay attention to any of this bull crap.....LOL it's like I just saw the new ESPN rankings for Basketball and how in the world is Duke not ranked in the top 5 in the exact same situation as last year but North Carolina and Maryland with a Duke reject is number one and 2 hmmmm.... I think these media guys are so silly and full of it it's not funny. DUKE with the Number opne recruiting class again oh My lord....Just like Clemson no respect. These media guys are retarded.

This has to be a first. A Duke basketball fan trolling

Aug 15, 2015, 9:52 AM

During football season? Very interesting........??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: This has to be a first. A Duke basketball fan trolling

Aug 15, 2015, 6:45 PM

Nope I'll tell you the truth...I've followed Clemson Football my entire life, i even have the original Coke bottles from the 1981 championship and still have the coke in them....my social networks are loaded with T boyd, Sammy, Tig, etc....... I know every player and every recruit.... but since Clemson can't go above .500 in basketball since Rick Barns days I switched my basketball my basketball team was the Duke Blue Devils. I like them a bit with Oliver P but think Clemson is solidified as a Football contender only school like the Bama's and Georgia's.......but in truth the parallels make sense if you look closely....ACC gets no respect in Football and guess who the only 3 schools to beat OSU in the past 2 years was VTECH (ACC) MSU (BIG10) Clemson (ACC) so.............I think its a fraud these pencil necks from newspapers with obvious desire to appeal to the large markets like Los Angeles and to the Major Catholic School.......Lets be honest the preseason rankings are hog wash but they give unfair advantages to teams like Notre Dame when they have a soft Schedule then get kicked around by some team in a major bowl it's hilarious but it's BS! This is my point and as a "troll" who guess what buddy i probably know more than you might ever want to know Clemson football.

What is the love affair with Ole Miss based on?

Aug 15, 2015, 10:20 AM

I really don't get it

Re: What is the love affair with Ole Miss based on?

Aug 15, 2015, 11:13 AM

I think when teams have had several top 10 recruiting classes in a row - then there is an expectation even if they lost by 40 in a bowl game or went 8-5 like Auburn. Those Ole Miss classes have gotten so much hype.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Miss has recruited well...

Aug 15, 2015, 12:57 PM

it's amazing that they aren't a better team. It takes a several years of consistent recruiting to build that depth you need though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Miss and THUGA...

Aug 15, 2015, 1:54 PM

...don't belong there. Replace them with Georgia Tech and Mississippi State and it makes more sense.

Both OleMiss and THUGA get hammered early in the schedule, so enjoy the SEC hype while you can, boys.

The one that gets me is Auburn.

Aug 15, 2015, 2:23 PM

They haven't shown me anything, yet they are as high as #3 in some polls. I guess if they pick them in the top 10 every year they are bound to get lucky.

You're right, GT is a more reasonable pick than Auburn at #3 or wherever.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the love affair with Ole Miss based on?

Aug 15, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to What is the love affair with Ole Miss based on? ]

Its that SEC speed.

Ah, I think I just got it. SEC speed refers to how fast SEC

Aug 15, 2015, 12:29 PM

teams move to the top of polls, regardless of merit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is ranking them 15th really a love affair?

Aug 15, 2015, 12:54 PM [ in reply to What is the love affair with Ole Miss based on? ]

I think 15 is reasonable.

Aug 15, 2015, 11:09 AM

I will take 12

Aug 15, 2015, 11:38 AM

Poll is a joke with the sec love fest still in full force. Georgia, ole siss. Really.

Doesn't seem that bad. Bama is a little too high IMO

Aug 15, 2015, 1:11 PM

UGA maybe a few places too high, but not that much. Their offense will be good again, they will best one the best running teams in CFB again, and while they did lose a good bit on D, i think Pruitt is a legit DC. Drawing both Bama and Auburn is tough, but the rest of the schedule isn't bad at all unless you are 100% sold on Tennessee.

Ole Miss at 15 seems fine to me. They might not have been a legit #1 at any point last year, but they were a top 10 team with Treadwell healthy, and they have a lot coming back this year. Bo Wallace is gone, but he sucked IMO anyway. TCU annihilated them in CFA bowl, but TCU was at least the 2nd best team in CFB last year and I'm not gonna base my expectation for Ole Miss on what happened in a bowl game last year.

Auburn is a speculative pick this year based on their recruiting and their fantastic coaching staff. They could win the West or be a real bust.

LSU is one I'm maybe not sold on tbh. Yeah they have like 9 guys returning on offense... big deal. Outside of the 2012 season when they had Mettenberger, Beckham, and Landry their offense has been stagnant, boring, and largely ineffective. I think the West has improved enough that they can't just play D and use the super conservative power running game and expect to win 10+ games like they did for awhile.

If this was a 16 team playoff bracket we would

Aug 15, 2015, 12:19 PM

Be paired with Oregon first game.

I say... We'd spankem!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic