Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked #2 on early NFL departures
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked #2 on early NFL departures

Jan 20, 2016, 10:16 AM

Clemson ranked #2 on early NFL departures

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're recruiting the big boys now.

Jan 20, 2016, 10:28 AM

And this is also happening at a higher rate across the board.

I'm OK with that for guys that are "no miss" draft choices

Jan 20, 2016, 10:34 AM

and cannot improve their draft status, or upperclassmen, like Blanks that have been in the program 4 years, but I hate to start seeing guys like Green who may not even be drafted leave.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe if Green does not get drafted it will open some eyes

Jan 20, 2016, 10:58 AM

with other underclassmen who are pondering leaving early.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: Maybe if Green does not get drafted it will open some eyes

Jan 21, 2016, 12:48 AM

I know that if a player signs with an agent his eligibility is over but a question I have is could a player enter the draft and not hire an agent and if say they were not drafted or drafted in a later round could they remain eligible? Just a thought.

Re: I'm OK with that for guys that are "no miss" draft choices

Jan 20, 2016, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I'm OK with that for guys that are "no miss" draft choices ]

I am interested to see how Green is ranked after the combine. You have to believe he will put up impressive numbers. I have seen him ranked in the top 3-5 safeties which tends to show it is a weak safety class. He could take advantage if he works out to his ability.

The 5th safety last year was drafted 104th (4th round)

Jan 20, 2016, 11:34 AM

So Green had better hope he's in the top 5 safeties.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm OK with that for guys that are "no miss" draft choices

Jan 20, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm OK with that for guys that are "no miss" draft choices ]

Will green get an invite for the combine ? We will find out the first week of February

Yep, even Jayron Kearse's position is precarious

Jan 20, 2016, 11:24 AM [ in reply to I'm OK with that for guys that are "no miss" draft choices ]

Safeties are just not at a premium in the NFL. You have to be in the top 2-3 at that position to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, even Jayron Kearse's position is precarious

Jan 20, 2016, 12:03 PM

Safeties are safeties because they they don't have cornerback cover skills or hit like a linebacker. Ronnie Lott and Brian Dawkins were great because they hit like linebackers and scared wide receivers.

Re: Yep, even Jayron Kearse's position is precarious

Jan 20, 2016, 6:30 PM

I don't think you are going to have any problems with how Kearse hits after he puts on some NFL weight. And his cover skills actually aren't bad. It was the lack of depth that led him to be exhausted.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #2 on early NFL departures

Jan 20, 2016, 10:46 AM

Luckily at least Watkins and Tankersley decided to stay to provide some groundwork!

Jan 20, 2016, 10:48 AM

What that says is this, if your dreams are playing in the NFL, you can most definitely get there playing on Clemson's FB team. No better press any where than that, or couldn't be told any better than that. Kids can go and play college FB any where, but they will be noticed playing at Clemson before they will from any where else, bc Clemson has become an NFL show case of talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2016, 10:49 AM

It's sad that 40% of those leaving early aren't even drafted. You have to wonder who is getting into these kid's ears.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2016, 6:36 PM

A lot of it is related to who's gettin in their pants. Not that we didn't do it too, no self righteousness from me here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic