Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson moves up in latest CFB Playoff Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson moves up in latest CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 11, 2014, 7:40 PM

Clemson moves up in latest CFB Playoff Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets just keep winning!***

Nov 11, 2014, 7:58 PM

I'll take it. Don't see why notre dame is ranked higher

Nov 11, 2014, 7:59 PM

But dukes 2 behind us and we should move up after beating the fighting calculators so I can't complain at all.

Re: I'll take it. Don't see why notre dame is ranked higher

Nov 11, 2014, 8:15 PM

+1 for Fighting Calculators. Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in latest CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 11, 2014, 8:01 PM

One step at a time. As long as we keep winning it will take care of itself. I am one happy and proud Clemson fan! Go Tigers.

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Nov 11, 2014, 8:07 PM

go drad, hang in there and keep dealing.

Nov 11, 2014, 10:04 PM

Meanwhile scar keeps sucking. So you deal leadcoot

How many losses will it take for LSWho to drop out?

Nov 11, 2014, 8:06 PM

How about a three loss Utah or aTm coming back in? How does a one loss team jump an undefeated team that has two top 25 wins?

It's normal to have 3 loss teams ranked this late in the

Nov 11, 2014, 8:21 PM

season. Florida State isn't even top 10 in most of the computer ratings so it's not too surprising to see them slide a little - I really don't think they are that good this year.

"Computer rankings"... Who's algorithm?***

Nov 11, 2014, 8:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football Outsiders, Team Rankings, Sagarin, Massey.

Nov 11, 2014, 8:34 PM

Just about any of the predictive models.

all computer rankings have to have some base value built in

Nov 11, 2014, 10:53 PM

for the teams--it's hidden, but it's there-- those just like the humans have a bloated value/opinion of the SEC

Yep... It's only as good as the chit it's fed.***

Nov 12, 2014, 12:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CFO uses efficiency ratings - all components are displayed

Nov 12, 2014, 7:12 AM [ in reply to all computer rankings have to have some base value built in ]

right there for you to look at, there's nothing hidden. We were pretty highly rated in that one at one point too. Still 13th last week, but struggling against Wake really hurt us so we are 18th now.

9***

Nov 11, 2014, 8:53 PM [ in reply to How many losses will it take for LSWho to drop out? ]

There's something in these hills.

Nov 11, 2014, 8:09 PM

Clemson wins on the road and moves up 2 spots at 19. Duke wins moves up 1, Ga Tech wins moves up 2. Now to the SEC, Georgia loses to two unranked teams and sitting at 15 LSU loses and they drop 1 but still at 17. How many committee members are fron the SEC?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

We beat Wake Forest, what do you expect to happen?

Nov 11, 2014, 8:23 PM

They are arguably the worst power 5 team in CFB.

Re: We beat Wake Forest, what do you expect to happen?

Nov 11, 2014, 8:38 PM

Wake is not even close to the worst team in the Power 5. Vandy, Kansas, and the bottom 3 or 4 of the Big 10 are all worse. Atleast Wake has a defense, in spite of their terrible offense. LSU is ranked too high with three losses, including a beating by an exposed Auburn team, and a close win over a still bad Florida team. Otherwise, the rankings are pretty reasonable.

Nov 11, 2014, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in latest CFB Playoff Rankings ]

You did notice that the actual "playoff" includes only one SEC team right?

Nov 11, 2014, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in latest CFB Playoff Rankings ]

sucks, doesn't it?

sadly though, as long as we continue to play in the ACC, this will always be the case. this is a basketball conference. don't get me wrong, there are also some very talented football programs (outside the obvious Clemson/FSU) but when it comes to football in general, the ACC lacks the consistency that the SEC has.

at the same time, it is pretty pathetic how our defense has completely showed up, lights OUT in most every game, and yet you have sports critics showing no love because they believe we haven't faced any quality offenses. that's the ACC for ya.

i always love it when SEC lovers try and shove the "our conference is better" down our throats, yet the pansy teams in the SEC are constantly giving the 'big-named' programs a run for their money.

and don't be surprised if the board does whatever is humanly possible to keep FSU out of the playoffs.
calling it now.

If we were undefeated, then your comments hold some water

Nov 11, 2014, 11:46 PM

As it is, we have two losses. With two losses strength of schedule, marquee wins, etc. mean very little in the scheme of things.

Playing in the ACC is good enough to get into the playoffs if a team is undefeated at the end of the season. FSU is an track to make that work twice in a row.

Should we reach that place and *not* make the playoffs, then we can moan about how weak the ACC was and how playing in the ACC hurt our playoff bid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we were undefeated, then your comments hold some water

Nov 11, 2014, 11:57 PM

lol. some things you said are true, however I can't fully agree. FSU is on track to the playoffs...but ONLY because they've one 20-something games in a row. hell, they're doing what they can now to keep them out of the top 4! Oregon jumping? riddle me that. MSU starts the year UNRANKED, yet has claimed the number 1 spot. riddle me that as well. i haven't even gotten to Clemson's ranking yet.

nobody's "moaning" about the ACC but, at the end of the day, it takes the back seat to the other conferences.

Re: If we were undefeated, then your comments hold some water

Nov 12, 2014, 12:03 AM [ in reply to If we were undefeated, then your comments hold some water ]

and dont think for one minute there isn't a possibility we could go undefeated and still not make the playoffs. God forbid there be two SEC teams undefeated also, or a team like Oregon with only one "tough road loss". as I mentioned, we've already seen teams jump FSU for no apparent reason. the reason is that they play in the ACC.

No problem with our ranking but Mich St? No quality wins

Nov 11, 2014, 8:32 PM

and two losses. Makes no sense.

Mich St? They beat Nebraska.

Nov 11, 2014, 9:00 PM

Who is a one loss ranked team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nebraska may be a one loss team, but I've seen them play

Nov 11, 2014, 9:07 PM

and they aren't that good. Definitely one of the teams in front of us that we could beat.

Re: Mich St? They beat Nebraska.

Nov 11, 2014, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Mich St? They beat Nebraska. ]

So when we beat Ga Tech we will be comparable?

Beautiful!

Nov 11, 2014, 8:34 PM

Just plain beautiful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Nov 11, 2014, 9:31 PM

The committee is putting to much stock in who you beat as opposed to how many losses you have. UCLA is an example of this. The get rewarded for a couple of good wins over what will prove to be overranked teams and they struggled against CO, Cal, and UVA. No way they should be ranked where they are. The committee lost me today with some of their rankings.

Nov 11, 2014, 9:38 PM

Also where would we be ranked with 1 loss to UGA and FSU later in the schedule. We would have built our way up and not dropped as much even with the current scores of recent games after an FSU loss. The moral is schedule light early and the ACC needs to push back the Clemson FSU game. 3rd week Oct.

someone pls explain Wisconsin

Nov 11, 2014, 9:45 PM

Two losses including one to Northwestern. What quality wins?

Re: someone pls explain Wisconsin

Nov 11, 2014, 9:45 PM

They played LSU close.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 11, 2014, 10:23 PM [ in reply to someone pls explain Wisconsin ]

The more big 10 teams they put in there will make it look ok when they sneak Ohio st in there at the very end (hopefully no one will remember the loss to a horrible vt team)

Nov 11, 2014, 10:48 PM

I know, listening to them talk up Ohio State about how they had a quality loss to a good VT team had me looking back at their record. They are still 4-5 and last place in the coastal division only ahead of Wake in the conference. Where's the quality.

Texas A&M??? Seriously??

Nov 12, 2014, 12:03 AM

Their first 5 games feature 1 win over an FBS opponent without a losing record, and that's Rice. Then they lose 3 in a row by a combined score of 142-51. Then beat Louisiana-Monroe by 5. And then beating 1 good team by 3 gets them into the top 25? And these people get to choose who plays for the national championship?

Re: Texas A&M??? Seriously??

Nov 12, 2014, 12:05 AM

this is exactly what I am saying.
at this point it has everything in the world to do with what conference you play in. period.

Re: Texas A&M??? Seriously??

Nov 12, 2014, 12:13 AM

Sadly, you are right. The hype, day in and day out is not kept from the committee. They get bombarded over and over, and their human nature will pay some attention to all the "experts". This system may be a little better than the old one, but may not be better or even as good in the long run. Probably, an 8 team round robin playoff at the end would get to the bottom of it, but what we now have is still broken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Big 10 team should be in the playoffs

Nov 12, 2014, 4:18 AM

TCU, if they win out, should.

LSU, ND, Mich St should be below us (if we didn't have DW I wouldn't necesarily say this).

Nebraska and Ohio St. are overrated. Whoever loses UGA-Auburn game should be below us too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2014, 6:21 AM

MissSt #1 'Bama #5 seems to me that they're waiting on MissSt to lose and move 'Bama to #1 or #'s 2-3-4 to lose and move 'Bama in their spot. JMHO.

How can you leave out a 3 loss Florida team?

Nov 12, 2014, 7:50 AM

SEC West bias? :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic