Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 29, 2016, 7:11 PM

Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think that locks in ohio st,tcu was 3rd when they got dumped***

Nov 29, 2016, 7:15 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: think that locks in ohio st,tcu was 3rd when they got dumped***

Nov 29, 2016, 7:16 PM

We'll be two if we win Saturday. They value conference titles.

just saying ohio st is not going below 4***

Nov 29, 2016, 7:17 PM

Nov 29, 2016, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: think that locks in ohio st,tcu was 3rd when they got dumped*** ]

If that happened who do you think we would
Play in the playoffs ?

TCU went to 6

Nov 29, 2016, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: think that locks in ohio st,tcu was 3rd when they got dumped*** ]

If things fall similarly - OSU could go to 5

But they are an ESPN darling.

I am sick of the B1G bias.

I believe it is worse than the SEC bias.

null

Re: TCU went to 6

Nov 29, 2016, 8:53 PM

Never thought I would see their bias shift from "their conference (the secheat)", but it definitely has become a "Big" thing with them. I hope we stomp VT and then annihilate whatever "Big" team we get in the semi's, and the the same thing when we face off with AL. Play like we have the last 2 games, and it is very possible we whip that butt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2016, 7:19 PM [ in reply to think that locks in ohio st,tcu was 3rd when they got dumped*** ]

If Tigers get Ohio State in the first round they will play for the national championship because they will crush OS. But first they need to crush VT.

Nov 29, 2016, 7:21 PM

You're right. Ohio State won't be able to block our d line

Nov 29, 2016, 7:21 PM [ in reply to think that locks in ohio st,tcu was 3rd when they got dumped*** ]

And they still like a 2 loss Michigan above both the B1G title gamers. OSU is not getting dumped by either PSU or Wisconsin.

Two in, two to go.

WMU getting disrespected!***

Nov 29, 2016, 7:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How? Literally played no one.***

Nov 29, 2016, 7:52 PM

Skip it. ninetytwotiger's intelligence,

Nov 29, 2016, 7:59 PM

if it was dynamo, it couldn't light a fireflysass.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I don't understand the OSU love, they were lucky to escape

Nov 29, 2016, 7:22 PM

their last two games and Tigers have looked great the last two games. However, as Danny Kanell pointed out, Clemson should win in a matchup decisively! SO COME ON BUCKEYES!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 29, 2016, 7:29 PM

Focus only on Virginia Tech and nothing else please.

Nov 29, 2016, 7:45 PM

AMEN!!!

Nov 29, 2016, 7:32 PM

It's all set up for us to go back to the NC game.
No way VT should beat us or Ohio ST.
If this team wants it bad enough and I saw that effort last Sat night.
The road to the big show is there for the taking.
Bama will be a tough out because they are just as talented as we are.
But we can do this

Good to see Pitt in there

Nov 29, 2016, 7:37 PM

What's up with Tennessee still in? And why's Florida still so high?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only way to keep Bama's Strength of schedule above ours

Nov 30, 2016, 6:56 AM

Also, "if" Bama loses to Florida, it will be a good loss and Bama will stay at 1.

Florida couldn't beat Bama with 10 try's***

Nov 30, 2016, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so Ohio St effectively REWARDED for losing to psu

Nov 29, 2016, 7:48 PM

had they won, they would be playing this weekend and not be a "lock". ridiculous.. there continues to be no reward for playing in a conf champ gm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they actually get a bye until new years eve

Nov 29, 2016, 7:48 PM

its insane

Re: so Ohio St effectively REWARDED for losing to psu

Nov 29, 2016, 7:49 PM [ in reply to so Ohio St effectively REWARDED for losing to psu ]

If they had beat PSU they would be in a similar spot as Bama - undefeated and not needing to win to get in. So they were a lock either way.

I wish our conference was filled with cupcakes

Nov 29, 2016, 11:34 PM

so the top four teams had inflated records and we got all sorts of undeserved credit.

Must be nice.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish our conference was filled with cupcakes

Nov 29, 2016, 11:46 PM

Cupcakes like Pitt? Syracuse, Georgia Tech, NC State, Wake. Every team has their cupcakes.

Every team you listed except Syracuse is bowl eligible.

Nov 30, 2016, 7:20 AM

GT just beat Georgia. NC State beat UNC.

The Big Ten has FOUR teams that won one conference game or NONE. The ACC has zero teams with no conference wins, and only two that went 1-7. PLUS the B1G plays 9 conference games while the ACC only plays eight, making that even more of a disparity.

Furthermore, ALL of Maryland's conference wins came against one of those four teams. Three of Indiana's four wins came against those team...the other was Maryland. (Plus Indiana lost to one of the ACC 'cupcakes' you mentioned, Wake.)

The bottom half of the B1G is absolute garbage.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2016, 8:40 PM [ in reply to so Ohio St effectively REWARDED for losing to psu ]

They would be undefeated and still get in with a loss. Stop all the hate. If you do not think Ohio St is a top 4 team you do not know college football.

Urb ? is that you ?

Nov 29, 2016, 10:29 PM

no hate, my friend. Simply stated... everyone starts the season with a shot to win their conference. If you dont win it, you should be up for scrutiny more so than the team that does win it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2016, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: so Ohio St effectively REWARDED for losing to psu ]

I am an Ohio St. fan but my wife and I hold Clemson season tickets. This will be the hardest thing ever for me to say but Clemson has the better team. If Clemson gets matched up with OSU then you can expect a win. The only team at this point that the Tigers should worry about is Bama.

An extra game matters...

Nov 30, 2016, 8:43 AM [ in reply to so Ohio St effectively REWARDED for losing to psu ]

and OSU doesn't have to put its players and record in jeopardy by not having to play one. I'd say that is a Big Deal! Extra week to prepare, heal up, or just take a few days off. Getting a pass seems a little unfair to those that have to play. Except for Bama who gets a practice game.

even Bama could still get players hurt Saturday

Nov 30, 2016, 8:59 AM

while Ohio State players can sleep late on Saturday, and the coaching staff is already 2 days deep game planning for Clemson. Wonder if Urban will show up in Orlando for some in-person scouting?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2016, 8:52 PM

So let's say that UF pulls a whammer and beats Alabama in the SEC title game .
What would it look like then ? Would we jump OSU into the top spot with a win in Orlando and a Bama loss ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Should

Nov 29, 2016, 8:58 PM

But looking at the cfp committee so far they may not even drop Bama from the top seed. They have already proven they don't necessarily punish their favorites for losing. :/
GO TIGERS!!!

It does matter!!!

Nov 29, 2016, 11:28 PM

Folks - it doesn't matter if there is a big 10 bias or an sec bias. Who cares? As long as we are top 4, what does it matter. We are in if we win Sat. That is ALL that matters. Dabo will tell you that. We are gonna have to beat somebody and then have to beat Bama. Either we can or we can't. As long as we are in, we are in!!! It's like the man says: "a win is a win". Even if we were undefeated, we are still playing in Zona. Let's embrace it and go out and win these last 3 games.

Re: I meant it does NOT matter.***

Nov 29, 2016, 11:28 PM

Nov 30, 2016, 9:18 AM

I wouldn't bet on it, but if Clemson wins Saturday and wins big, the.Committee could bump Ohio State down to #3. Depending on what happens in the other Conference Championships, Ohio State could be knocked out of the Championship picture completely. With them not even playing in their own Conference Championship game, that could make the Committee think hard enough to say this is not going to work and drop them to #5. Just some food for thought. First priority is to beat VA TECH Saturday by 3 touch downs ! GO TIGERS!!!

Nov 30, 2016, 9:40 AM

I think the committee has worked themselves into a corner by putting OSU so high so early.. especially after it was clear that they were not going to be in any championship game. A non-conference champion that plays one less game than the rest of the field does not seem apples to apples. But they can hardly drop OSU to 4 or 5 now.

I seem to remember that same scenario (before the BCS) being talked about when ND was relevant.

Let the battle for...

Nov 30, 2016, 9:37 AM

4th place begin!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic