Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll

Nov 20, 2016, 12:54 PM

Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll

Nov 20, 2016, 12:56 PM

I believe the CFP will mirror that top 3 on Tuesday. Then the loser of the OSU/UM game drops out of the top 4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 20, 2016, 12:59 PM

Glad to see Louisville drop out of the top 10.Now with no conference title to play for,
they can only hope for a New Years Day bowl.

Oh, they'll be playing on New Year's Day for sure.

Nov 20, 2016, 1:00 PM

LJ means ratings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I'd still expect us to be 4th in the CFP. Michigan is still

Nov 20, 2016, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll ]

going to have 3 wins over teams in the CFP top 10 (Wisc, PSU, Colorado), and another one of our big wins took a hit. And then OSU has 2 road wins over top 10 teams (OU, Wisc) and the destruction of Nebraska a couple weeks ago.

We will almost certainly stay at 4, but I am curious to see what happens behind us.

Nov 20, 2016, 12:58 PM

They are setting Ohio St up for the playoffs, if they beat Mi and they don't get to play for the championship because P St will be playing for it. A lock for two teams from that conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2016, 1:09 PM

That's how I am seeing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is setting them up? They've earned it on the field.

Nov 20, 2016, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll ]

If OSU beats Michigan they will have road wins over Oklahoma and Wisconsin, and home wins over Michigan and Nebraska. That's probably 3 top 10 wins and another top ~15 win.

Washington *might* be able to beat them out at 12-1, but i would probably disagree with it. OU certainly isn't getting in ahead of them since OSU whooped them on their own field.

Still don't understand the OSU lovefest

Nov 20, 2016, 1:00 PM

So what do you think about us beating NC State in OT?

Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 PM

That's probably worse than beating MSU on the road by 1 isn't it? Look at who OSU has beaten. They smoked Oklahoma on their home field, won at Wisconsin, did something really, really dirty to Nebraska, and now they have a chance to beat likely #3 Michigan. OSU has maybe two shaky wins this year - 4 pts over Northwestern and 1 pt over Michigan State. Beating #6? Wisconsin on the road is solid no matter how you do it. Overall, 7 of their 10 wins have been blowouts and 2 of those were against top 15 teams.

So i don't really understand your OSU hatefest.

Ohio State, definitely one of the top(4)teams in the country

Nov 20, 2016, 3:49 PM

the game with Michigan, will take care of,one member of the top four Saturday*** __ will be interesting to see,which team come into the top four next ??? ( or which team falls out ??? ) we just gotta keep no winnin' !!! and punch our own ticket ____ as coach says,we just need to take care of Clemson !!!

GO TIGERS !!!!

NC State has two more wins than MSU***

Nov 20, 2016, 4:33 PM [ in reply to So what do you think about us beating NC State in OT? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How are LSU and Arkansas getting more votes than Pitt?

Nov 20, 2016, 4:27 PM

Same records, except Pitt has two top 10 wins. Arkansas only has one ranked win and LSU has none.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How are LSU and Arkansas getting more votes than Pitt?

Nov 20, 2016, 4:42 PM

If the games go according to the odds, and the favorites all win.......

Ohio State will beat Michigan in Columbus to finish 11-1.

Wisconsin and Penn State will then play for the Big Ten Title. It will be interesting to see if the committee picks the Big Ten Champions for the playoff, despite a 2 loss record. I think the committee is likely to reward the conference champ with a spot in the playoff.

Again if the favorites win, that would put Alabama, Wisc/PSU in the playoff with either a potential 1 game loser Washington Pac 12 Champ, or a 1 game loser ACC Champ Clemson, or the 1 game loser of Ohio State/Michigan winner as left out in the cold. The Clemson loss is worse than the Washington loss to SoCal and worse than the Ohio State loss to Penn State by some accounting. But Clemson will be a conference champ if the odds on favorites all win out.

Or they could skip the Big Ten Champ for a one loss Ohio State. Which ever way they go someone COULD be left out in the cold.

It'll be interesting to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic