Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson falls in in latest AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson falls in in latest AP Poll

Sep 11, 2016, 2:05 PM

Clemson falls in in latest AP Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's fair. I might even put Houston ahead of us--they have

Sep 11, 2016, 2:08 PM

arguably the best win of the year so far.

Hopefully the team will circle the wagons and start playing better before it costs us a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's fair. I might even put Houston ahead of us--they have

Sep 11, 2016, 4:27 PM

I agree, and I just hope that they understand how lucky they were that they didn't drop any further. And that the next game that they have to fight for their lives to stay in a game with a less talented team, the polsters won't be so kind and give them the benefit that it's just early season lack of focus. They will drop 10 or more spots with the next one. Coming out of games like these last two saying that they are better than what is seen on the field, it will fall on deaf ears bc you're not playing as well as you think you are. The team must walk the walk right now bc people aren't believing the BS talk!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Houston o er OU was fime and all ...but

Sep 11, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to That's fair. I might even put Houston ahead of us--they have ]

apparently you missed the Thursday night thriller in Nashville .
Looked like Sakerlina was going to fall to the favored Medical College of Tennessee , but they were able to put together a few plays there at the end to get their best athlete on the field , kicker Elliot Fry .
He made that kock and the rest is as they say , too lame to mention.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Meaningless at the moment

Sep 11, 2016, 2:09 PM

Hopefully it lights some type of fire within the team. We need that 2015 focus back!

Re: Meaningless at the moment

Sep 11, 2016, 11:10 PM

I will take any part of last year except, I would love to have another shot at one play in the 4th QTR of that game, and the only thing I would change would be our alignment of the OnSide kick, and that's it!!! I believe that we would be 2015/16 defending National Champs today....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to Coach Booger-Eater!

Sep 11, 2016, 2:11 PM

He deserves the jump. Beating Hawai'i and The Galápagos Islands is quite impressive.

~JKB

This was funny

Sep 11, 2016, 2:20 PM

My gf looked at me funny when I laughed.

Then said "you must be reading your message boards"...sarcastically of course.

Ha

Re: FB Update: Clemson falls in in latest AP Poll

Sep 11, 2016, 2:18 PM

It will all play out I was kinda hoping we would fall behind FSU and fall in polls as longs we top 5 I'm fine. My thinking is it might be a wake up call for our team bc we aren't clicking. If we can get it together which I think it's just a matter of time we'll be a force again! These boys seem like they just need wake up call this might be it Dabo is letting them know but the polls will all play out we still got LU and FSU win those we in!

Sep 11, 2016, 4:42 PM

All of us are very disappointed in what we have seen so far. Our biggest problems coming into this season was suppose to be on our D, but our offense has shown to be less ready to play than our D so far this season. Now we are asking what the H&LL has happen to what the entire country thought was going to be the best offense in the country. Is it the offenses lack of focus, the scheme, the play calling, or is it both the scheme and the play calling. This is basically the same personnel as last years, aided with another super star WR Mike William's. I hope not, but it do seem more than just motivational problems, or team continuity!!! Just sayin!!!

Sep 12, 2016, 7:48 AM

Spot on! I do think we will be better than last year, but we can't just waltz our way there. We have to play with out tails on fire, even with the talent we have, to get to the big dance, or even to win the ACC. FSU and UL seem to be formidable opponents, and so far, they have out-shined us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to argue

Sep 11, 2016, 2:19 PM

As long as we stay above all one-loss teams, it's meaningless anyway.

Beat Louisville and FSU then talk to me***

Sep 11, 2016, 2:29 PM

Sep 11, 2016, 2:45 PM

Really Bret McMurphy put Texas ahead of Clemson!

Absolutely deserved

Sep 11, 2016, 3:01 PM

There's no hunger. No sense of urgency. You normally see this on teams after a Nat Champ win. They just have no fire in them. Dabo will get them straight. If you think nothing is wrong, you're delusional! A cheerleader! I've been following Clemson for 38 years and bleed orange. But, a spade is a spade. We aren't playing Dabo Swinney football. He will get it straight. I hope. Or, FSU and Louisville will blow us out! I hope to see you guys in Tampa! We have the players, and coaches to win it all! Let's just hope they all get on the same page and find that HUNGER! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 3:07 PM

I'll take 5, that's fair. Based on play and how the others have been stomping opposition, I was thinking 8 or 9.

Sep 11, 2016, 11:13 PM

8-9 works for me too! Right now I'm SMH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 3:09 PM

this is totally going to ruin my week.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 3:32 PM

Don't sweat it balm1....you've always got CDef to ridicule.

You ever think this is part of a master plan....

Sep 11, 2016, 3:33 PM

show as little as possible to the more challenging opponents down the schedule? I know the plan wasn't to barely beat Troy but I certainly think we held back a lot of the playbook.

Re: You ever think this is part of a master plan....

Sep 11, 2016, 3:53 PM

Plain vanilla does not explain a weak o line or bevy of dropped balls

Agreed. the WRs have been drooping more balls than puberty

Sep 11, 2016, 4:33 PM

need to clean up the mistakes

Sep 11, 2016, 7:15 PM

People are missing the best thing about this poll, the ACC has three teams in it. The almighty SEC has one!

Sep 12, 2016, 7:52 AM

I guess there really is a pony under this pile of crap, but I just want us to play up to our abilities, and so far, it doesn't look like what any of us expected, either at AU now especially vs Troy. It's time to right the ship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 11:24 PM

I figured it might be worse than that. We didn't look like a top team on Saturday.

Kinda surprised not to see Pitt or UNC***

Sep 11, 2016, 11:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rightfully so....

Sep 12, 2016, 8:51 AM

We've played like garbage. This isn't some "well, the fans wanted 60+ points on Troy and didn't get it" thing.....

No - we're playing to protect a status quo - we're not playing to achieve or be the greatest.

When you hear Watson say "we just have to find our rhythm" - that means they have to shake off the apathy.

Re: Rightfully so....

Sep 12, 2016, 9:43 AM

No doubt, I think you could have crushed it with a single word, "apathy"!!! Just maybe the reason it's been so hard to put our finger on what's going on with our team. It's bc Apathy is a word before now never could have been use for a Dabo Swinney coached team!!! For that to happen though, our coaches has forgotten what got us to where we were after the championship game. Team, All In, Togetherness, All for one, One for all Leadership!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic