Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings

Nov 4, 2014, 7:39 PM

Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings

Nov 4, 2014, 7:41 PM

Utah didn't move at all I think. Guess losing in OT doesn't count.

Nov 4, 2014, 7:46 PM

Espn loves some Olé Miss

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings ]

Who Cares? If we are not in striking distance of 4, the rest does not really matter.

Nov 4, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings ]

Georgia lost to a highly rated Florida team remember. And miss put up a ton of points against a top rated lsu team. While we lost to an unranked lowly fla st. Theyve already proven they are jerk offs and cant be taken seriously. Sos just another mask

Does this really matter at this point? We will be playing

Nov 4, 2014, 7:46 PM

For a top 10 finish, not much chance at the final 4. Enlighten me if I am incorrect

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Does this really matter at this point? We will be playing

Nov 4, 2014, 8:19 PM

You are correct!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly..

Nov 4, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Does this really matter at this point? We will be playing ]

only teams that really need to monitor the rankings are the top ten..the rest have no real shot of getting in..imo the poll should only be a top ten

Nov 4, 2014, 7:47 PM

Is anybody surprised? This system is not much different than the other one. Still effected by the bias of the media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why the computers were a part of the old poll

Nov 4, 2014, 7:51 PM

To eliminate the politics and bias of regional writers and eSECpn, et al.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why the computers were a part of the old poll

Nov 5, 2014, 10:27 AM

Yep! I believe we may actually have taken a step backwards based on what I have seen so far. We certainly are no better off, as it appears now, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings ]

Georgia can lose to two unranked teams, and still be in the top 20 that is so ridiculous,

Nov 4, 2014, 9:00 PM

But but...SEC! -_-

Nov 4, 2014, 9:13 PM

it never ends man.

Tell 'em coot

Nov 5, 2014, 8:15 AM

#9 to 4-5

Re: Tell 'em coot

Nov 5, 2014, 10:28 AM

Well played!

Nov 5, 2014, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings ]

The ESecPN bias is alive and well.

BINGO BINGO BINGO!!!***

Nov 4, 2014, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 4, 2014, 7:59 PM

The only way around this baloney is to have a true NCAA college football playoff, none of this fake playoff junk that is manipulated by ESPN with with a bias to the SEC schools to benefit the SEC network. Really time for change!

Nov 4, 2014, 8:20 PM

Will never happen!

Who in their right mind can't see this? The rationalizations

Nov 4, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings ]

, mental gymnastics, and double talk that is required to sustain any system other than one which includes only conference champions is staggering.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 4, 2014, 8:08 PM

As frustrating as it is to not move up in the polls it really won't matter. FSU wins out and we win out we are going to the Orange Bowl which is pretty darn good for me for this season. We didn't play anyone this week therefore why should we move up? Looking forward for a strong finish

Nov 4, 2014, 8:24 PM

Got that right. And you are correct. Everyone needs to chill. Things will work out as it should. Everyone will not be happy, but that's just the way it is.

Not sure we did anything to move up

Nov 4, 2014, 8:23 PM

Our last game was an impressive win vs. Syracuse. Then a bye week.

We play well Thuesday and we will get more love.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure we did anything to move up

Nov 4, 2014, 8:24 PM

Agree

I don't know. I think the committee (as well as most poll

Nov 4, 2014, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Not sure we did anything to move up ]

voters have us pegged as an 18-24 ranked team. I don't think beating 4 more teams that are unranked (or at least teams that we are expected to beat) will cause any of them to think "Hey, you know, we had Clemson wrong. They may be a little better than we thought!". Teams ahead of us (and maybe just behind us) losing will have more impact on how far we can move up than anything we can do, assuming we keep winning ourselves. If we lose, we will drop out of sight.

- H. L. Mencken

Clearly the committee mostly cares about who you beat

Nov 4, 2014, 9:15 PM

They don't seem to care if you've had personnel issues or changes due to injury or Freshman getting better. Seems like they just do a blind resume with teams (except with Bama) We don't have a resume boosting win or game the rest of the year. You see we're still one of lowest rated 2 loss teams. We only move up if the 2 loss teams ahead of us lose.

Correct***

Nov 4, 2014, 10:53 PM

- H. L. Mencken

If Watson comes back and we start winning games by more

Nov 4, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to I don't know. I think the committee (as well as most poll ]

than the skin of our teeth we will move up. Also, more teams are going to lose ahead of us and we will start passing some of them eventually.

we have not looked like world beaters

Nov 4, 2014, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Not sure we did anything to move up ]

And Georgia losing along with FSU looking less than stellar doesn't help our case. If we win out we will be fine though. Too much fretting way too early.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: Not sure we did anything to move up

Nov 5, 2014, 5:37 AM [ in reply to Not sure we did anything to move up ]

I disagree. Except for the defense the win against Syracuse was nowhere to being impressive. Until we start demolishing these inferior teams we really don't deserve to move up. Hopefully with a soon to be mostly healthy offense and lights out defense that will come tomorrow night. Go Tigers!

Nov 4, 2014, 9:31 PM

Why are people complaining? We had a bye last week and have looked like a joke offensively since Watson has been out. There's no doubt our defense has been great, but we have no offense without Watson in the game. If Watson comes back for Georgia Tech, State and South Carolina and we are able to win those games (along with Wake) with him looking good, there's no doubt in my mind that the committee will move us up. I think the only reason why we haven't moved down in the rankings is due to their respect of our defense and believing that Watson will remedy our offense upon his return.

There's no room for complaint here guys.

Nov 5, 2014, 5:53 AM

One failicy I see with your statement is why does no one give credit to defense?
There are mutiple teams ranked with great offense but no defense. Why can you have half a team on one side but not the other. That does not make sense. Personally I think a great defense gives you a better chance to win than an offense.

The 2-loss teams ahead of us have better resumes.

Nov 5, 2014, 7:45 AM

I don't think there's anything more to it than that. Our best wins right now are Louisville, @BC, and.... ?? Seriously our 3rd best win is probably UNC.

Honestly there's not much to complain about right now.

Nov 5, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson doesn't move up in CFB Playoff rankings ]

I'd argue those teams likely have better resumes, as TigerandCubs suggested.

The thing is, I believe our defense is getting credit and that's why we've been staying in the same place instead of dropping.

The 2-loss teams in front of us are Ole Miss, LSU, Oklahoma, Utah, Arizona, UCLA, and Georgia. The only ones I'd say are truly one-sided are UCLA and Arizona...but they both have more impressive resumes than us. It should be noted that their horrible defenses aren't any worse than our horrible offense.

Again, if we get Watson back and look impressive in these final 3-4 (depending on whether he plays), then we'll move up and eventually be ranked properly. However at this time, I'd say #21 is an accurate spot for this squad.

So much for D-Rad saying anything to help the cause***

Nov 4, 2014, 9:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2014, 8:21 AM

Wouldn't expect them to move up next week either since we only play WF this week. They might even drop us.

how are we behind Utah?

Nov 5, 2014, 10:35 AM

they lose to a decent Az State team, but losing at home to Washington State?? Give me a break.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic