Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson LB decides to give up football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson LB decides to give up football

Aug 15, 2015, 1:22 PM

Clemson LB decides to give up football

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College athletics is a brutal grind.

Aug 15, 2015, 1:25 PM

Hoping he rethinks his decision and returns to the team.

Another scholarship open? Who gets it?***

Aug 15, 2015, 1:27 PM

Duuuude, the season was so close. I hated practice too.

Aug 15, 2015, 1:28 PM

All he's done is practice since he got here. So I get it. Grinding practically everyday. And for what? That red shirt year is a long year.

What for?

Aug 15, 2015, 1:31 PM

I paid through the nose for my Clemson Degree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am still in debt.

Aug 15, 2015, 2:51 PM

I would have switched spots in a second.

Duuuude, the season was so close. I hated practice too.

All he's done is practice since he got here. So I get it. Grinding practically everyday. And for what? That red shirt year is a long year.

Re: FB Update: Clemson LB decides to give up football

Wow this was out of nowhere. I had high hopes for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

should have stuck it out this year. Quit After the season***

Aug 15, 2015, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2015, 1:33 PM

Shame, he had plenty of physical talent but wasn't fully invested in playing. I'd heard rumors that he wasn't really into football entirely which explains his slower-than-expected development. Wasn't going to play a huge role this year though so not a major loss, does hurt depth though. Mostly this means Joseph needs to stay healthy and Williams needs to continue his development as a solid prospect. Makes bringing Shaq Smith back into the fold a major priority, thank God for Tre Lamar.

Aug 15, 2015, 1:33 PM

Shame, he had plenty of physical talent but wasn't fully invested in playing. I'd heard rumors that he wasn't really into football entirely which explains his slower-than-expected development. Wasn't going to play a huge role this year though so not a major loss, does hurt depth though. Mostly this means Joseph needs to stay healthy and Williams needs to continue his development as a solid prospect. Makes bringing Shaq Smith back into the fold a major priority, thank God for Tre Lamar.

All well said.

Aug 15, 2015, 2:47 PM

Also, aside from Shaq Smith, what other 2 LB's are we in the hunt? Sounds like we need to bring in 4 LB's in this class without question.

Aug 15, 2015, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson LB decides to give up football ]

So I wonder how this works out as far as scholarships and paying for this semester. He is an out-of-state player. Do the Tigers get his scholarship back effective this season? Can he stay at Clemson? Do we pay the bill? Can he transfer?

That's nothing.

Aug 15, 2015, 1:37 PM

I quit football forever three times last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta be more to the story***

Aug 15, 2015, 1:41 PM

agreed it smells as much as a wife

Aug 15, 2015, 2:22 PM

Breaking her husbands rear windshield with a golf club and dragging him out of the wrecked car.

Re: Gotta be more to the story***

Aug 15, 2015, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Gotta be more to the story*** ]

UGAy, Free Shoes and Geek Tech.

Gotta be more to the story***

Aug 15, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Gotta be more to the story*** ]

^^^THIS^^^

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I completely understand....

Aug 15, 2015, 1:47 PM [ in reply to That's nothing. ]

I gave up on Fantasy Football. I couldn't logon enough and it took way too much time. I ended up with players on IR, couldn't make roster changes in time etc... It was just too much! On a serious note, I wish him nothing but the best and he will always be Tiger!

This makes no sense on the surface

Aug 15, 2015, 1:48 PM

Not speculating but he's walking away from a scholarship as well, isn't he? Chad Smith avoids a redshirt for sure now

He's from the wealthy ATL suburbs....

Aug 15, 2015, 3:26 PM

So the scholarship may not be as impotant.

We're recruiting a lot of kids from the Atl 'burbs. They come from good families, but the desire isn't always there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell a fish.

Aug 15, 2015, 1:55 PM

nm

So who has the best shot at moving into his spot and backing

Aug 15, 2015, 2:10 PM

up Boulware?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aiken being moved there. I know Jalen Williams

Aug 15, 2015, 2:15 PM

has had an impressive camp but not sure how much time he's received at WILL. Chad Smith was recruited for the position

What a bummer....

Aug 15, 2015, 2:15 PM

I was wondering about him yesterday when I was looking at the roster. I was thinking was surprised I hadn't heard more about him lately. Now today he s gone. What a bummer. I wish him well though.

Aug 15, 2015, 2:25 PM

Good for the young man. When you don't have passion its hard to give it your all. That's why I had to give up being a garbage man

Good for him. You gotta want it.

Aug 15, 2015, 2:29 PM

And if you don't, better to cut your losses early and redirect your energies to better things.

Good luck young man!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him. You gotta want it.

Aug 15, 2015, 2:29 PM

And if you don't, better to cut your losses early and redirect your energies to better things.

Good luck young man!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good news is...

Aug 15, 2015, 3:03 PM

...I don't think he would have quit if he was going to get a lot of playing time. I'm speculating, but I'm hoping that the younger LBs (Joseph, Smith, Williams, & Davis twins) were pushing for playing time at Rogers expense. Advanced development of the younger LBs would be a good development.

Also, Rahshaun Smith decommitted after Tre Lamar committed. I'm wondering if R. Smith was afraid that there might be too much talent in front of him with the arrival of Lamar and decided to take a second look at programs where the LBs aren't as talented and deep. He might reconsider Clemson with the loss of 4-star redshirt freshman Korie Rogers.

Regardless, I wish Rogers would reconsider and wish him the best going forward.

Seen Rogers play a few times and he was one of the best

Aug 15, 2015, 4:30 PM

LBs I have ever seen in high school. IF some of these other players were pushing to take his snaps then they are going to be a special talent for us. Bummer that he has decided to give up the sport. Would love to see him reconsider but if not wish him the best regardless.

How did he ever get #43?***

Aug 15, 2015, 3:03 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he knows this guy...

Aug 15, 2015, 3:24 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25269731/report-snoops-son-cordell-broadus-quits-ucla-football

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 15, 2015, 5:57 PM

Dang I had a feeling this kid was gonna be rlly good...In my experience quitting something(like a season) is easy to do when your going through the tough initial phases(like grueling summer practices), and I usually look back and wish I had seen alot of things through that I didn't...Hopefully he made/makes the right choice, and good luck to Korrie in the future:)...

Best wishes Korie

Aug 15, 2015, 5:58 PM

If you don't love football it may be best to find another love.

If you have a talent I hate to see it wasted. Hope you find direction.

Wow..Whoa.. Now Thats Some Salt On The Wiggins Wound ----

Aug 15, 2015, 7:31 PM

I was really looking for this kid to be flying around the field like he did at Buford high school. He does have gifts as a player and would be a beast.

I wish someone could have seen the early signs of problems and put their arms around this kid and say that things are going to be okay Korie. Got to put out the counseling team a little more because as time goes on the pressures of this world ARE mounting. Thats tough on anyone at any age.

Aug 16, 2015, 12:33 PM

You don't give up right before the season especially when you're going to play. He's leaving the team when they need him. Perhaps he wasn't gelling well it doesn't feel obligated.

Aug 18, 2015, 11:11 AM

Just an FYI If a player withdraws before the first game and then declares for a different school they are eligible the following year. If they play a single game then leave they are out for that season plus the next. UCLA just had a redhsirt Freshman QB four star withdraw on Monday an he can play in 2016 at Division I FBS level

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic