Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chad Morris the favorite to land Ole Miss job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chad Morris the favorite to land Ole Miss job

Jul 22, 2017, 3:22 PM

Chad Morris the favorite to land Ole Miss job

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow

Jul 22, 2017, 3:31 PM

Usually tension is good in life, but my disdain for Ole Miss will trump my gratitude to Chad Morris.

Re: Wow

Jul 23, 2017, 11:19 AM

Idk now that freeze is gone and chad Morris take over I'll def like ole miss more and want them to do good in sec. Bc I respect Chad Morris a lot and think he can be a winner at ole miss!

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris the favorite to land Ole Miss job

Jul 22, 2017, 3:33 PM

Not happening. Chad will be the next coach at Texas A&M which may happen as early as 2018. Ole Miss is a dead end job for the next 15 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 3:35 PM

Yep ... I believe old Chad is a whole lot smarter than that.

Jul 24, 2017, 10:13 AM

agreed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2017, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Chad Morris the favorite to land Ole Miss job ]

I agree. This is now the biggest headache in the FBS. Why would Chad want to leave his home state for a problem like 'Ole Mess? Other Texas jobs will pop up soon enough.

Jul 22, 2017, 3:34 PM

Have them ALL, but Coach V is OURS!!! Go Tigers!

He may be the favorite, he'll just be the 1st to say no

He wants to be in Texas.
Tex AM may be open soon if Sumlin cannot turn it around.
Why wouldn't he just keep building at SMU until a good job is open?
Only possible reason for someone taking that Ole Miss job is good money and guaranteed 5ish year contract to rebuild.
I say he stays at SMU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You can't win at SMU

Jul 22, 2017, 10:09 PM

Best you would do there is 6-6 once every 4 or 5 years.

Re: You can't win at SMU

Jul 23, 2017, 9:32 AM

Uhh.. they went 5-7 just last year, in his second season as head coach.

Considering they were 2-10 in his first season, and 1-11 the year before he was hired.. I wouldn't be so sure that 6 wins is the ceiling there for the right coach.

I would really like to see Morris get that Job, him and Dabo could hook us up with a home and away with Missy. And Dabo could show Morris who the daddy really is by winning both games:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 3:37 PM

Who in the world would really want that job? A perennial looser engulfed in bad, bad things.

As much I despise Ole Miss if I were a coach

Jul 22, 2017, 3:42 PM

and had the chance to make 3-4 million per year for at least 3-5 years - I take it unless I'm positive something better will come along. That kind of money doesn't come around more than once, if ever, for most. Set for life

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 22, 2017, 3:39 PM

:)

Jul 22, 2017, 3:40 PM

Jul 22, 2017, 3:43 PM

No chad. Nooooooooooooo.

Hugh Freeze was the 9th highest paid coach in college

Jul 22, 2017, 3:45 PM

football at $4.7 million set to rise up to $5.1 in 2019. If Morris, who currently makes $2 million, gets a $5 Million plus offer to coach Ole Miss, I think he takes it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they're going to pay 3.25 million for a coordinator

Jul 22, 2017, 9:56 PM

at the highest. Maybe would pay 4 for a proven head coach, and Chad is not a proven head coach yet.
I'm certain I'd rather Chad go than BV :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I think they're going to pay 3.25 million for a coordinator

Jul 24, 2017, 10:58 AM

I'm willing to bet that BV wouldn't give that job a second thought. How many times does he have to say that he loves the comfort that he and his family has at Clemson before they hear him. Ole Miss is the one place he would never think about going to for any reason!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 3:46 PM

does The Chad know this?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sure he is "hanging" on every word the

Jul 24, 2017, 10:24 AM

Ole Miss athletic department has to say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I would rather he stay at SMU

Jul 22, 2017, 3:46 PM

He's a Texas man and turning around an SMU program that was destroyed by the "death penalty" is one of those once-in-a-lifetime achievements. Or he can go to Ole Miss and languish under Alabama and LSU year after year.

Jul 22, 2017, 3:56 PM

Don't see it.

Morris has a reputation for interviewing employers as much as they interview him, and there was about a 20-point list of requirements he was going to have to have to even consider a job...he left the guys at Texas Tech and NC State quite taken aback by his demands, actually.

He is not going to walk into a collapsing house of cards just for a paycheck, and I do not see those slimy Ole Miss AD's having anything resembling an engaged eye-to-eye conversation with Morris. Especially if Morris has had his usual quadruple dose of Red Bull. The dude is blunt. And he does not like BS. And Ole Miss is rife with bull-puckey at the moment.

I wish them luck, but he's about as 180-degrees-removed from Hugh Freeze as a personality as you can get.

agree except the part where you wished them luck***

Jul 22, 2017, 4:12 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 4:00 PM

I would hope he doesnt get drawn into that dump

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always wish Morris success, but will be hard to pull for

Jul 22, 2017, 4:09 PM

Ole Miss. Also, I think Chad can get a better job without all the Ole Miss baggage.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:12 PM

The Loozerville coach is more qualified for the job. He is well qualified for all aspects of ol' Miss culture.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:15 PM
QlZJQ.gif(95.2 K)

Jul 22, 2017, 4:27 PM

I may have missed something here but don't they usually offer a job to a person who has demonstrated that they can take it and go. I really liked Chad at Clemson but his progress since has been a bit slow. Putting him in an enviroment that demands more may cause the law of diminishing returns to set in. Then there's the fact that he needs to wait out a better situation. Good recruits will hold Ole Miss at arms length without bowl games. On the other hand , Bobby P. will be packed and ready in a moments notice for most any kind of raise. That's the way he rolls.

Jul 23, 2017, 7:15 AM

His progress has been slow? You do understand SMU was an absolute dumpster fire before he was hired, right? As in "going 1-11 while playing in a mid-major conference" dumpster fire? SMU has improved every year since he's been there.

That would be the second mistake he's made***

Jul 22, 2017, 5:00 PM

Don't do it Chad.

Jul 22, 2017, 5:05 PM

Going to Ole Miss right now would be more of a career suicide than going to South Carolina. I think he's too smart for that and wants to stay in Texas.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Massive probation and pending multi million dollar lawsuit

Jul 22, 2017, 6:03 PM

Would not be a wise move, unless they give him a boatload of cash. It will take them a decade to get over it.

My take

Jul 22, 2017, 8:27 PM

Ole Miss is a dumpster fire right now & if looming NCAA sanctions are coming (& they will b/c Ole Miss isn't 1 of the NCAA blue bloods like UNCheat), that's going to be a tougher job than it already is competing under the scrutiny of being in same division w/ Bama, LSU, & Auburn. Plus feel he needs to show just a little more @ SMU. He had them close to bowl eligibility last year - if he gets them over the hump & possibly in the conference race, then he'd be due a more lucrative offer from a bigger school.

@ end of the day, Chad was a big part of getting Clemson turned around & if he feels whatever decision is best for him & his family, then I hope he does well.

Like most others, I highly doubt it

Jul 22, 2017, 8:36 PM

SMU is on a nice trajectory and he has alumni/fan/admin support. He can bide his time and wait for a better opportunity like A&M as others have stated.

Ole Miss is just gross.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad needs to settle down...

Jul 22, 2017, 9:20 PM

Chad will never have success at SMU this way.

Seems like he started applying for other jobs as soon as he hit their campus. He needs to aggressively remove his name from this list and at least pretend he's at SMU for life so he can pull in a few recruits and land his next job on the strength of his accomplishments as a head coach.

Re: Chad needs to settle down...

Jul 22, 2017, 9:33 PM

What job has Morris "applied for" exactly since being at SMU? Good coaches on the rise will always be mentioned for open jobs. That's just the way it works.

Interested in the evidence you seem have where he is actively looking to ditch SMU.

Jul 22, 2017, 9:20 PM

Ole Miss looks nuclear to me. Don't see Morris or Coach V getting in that mess. Money isn't worth the institutional roadblocks.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2017, 5:09 AM

I have a hard time believing this. SMU isn't exactly college football heaven, they're no blue blood, but why would any coach with a decent coaching future want to get involved with that mess? They're probably going to be forced to just hire the OL coach, Matt Luke, on full time and keep him on until this whole NCAA Investigation clears and they actually know their punishment.

Jul 23, 2017, 9:09 AM

Not to be argumentative but chad was not the architect he was the executioner! Dabo had the vision of what he needed the offense to look like and chad had the experience. If you dont believe that to be true look at the recruits that were brought in pre chad and how they havent changed. Just sayin! If you revamp a system you gotta change your parts and all we did was use our parts as they were intended!

The Chad is waiting for A&M job...

Jul 23, 2017, 11:48 AM

Why would he go to that dumpster fire when he can go to Texas A&M later this year when Sumlin gets fired?

The Chad is an Aggie and a Texan. Mississippi is not on his bucket list.

Dabo vs The Chad coming right up in a home & home series...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he gets and takes the job, i hope he doesn't dance

Jul 23, 2017, 2:41 PM

like this

Re: If he gets and takes the job, i hope he doesn't dance

Jul 24, 2017, 6:59 AM

Yikes.. that's something I wish I could unsee, and 7 seconds of my life that I'd like back. Dabo isn't the greatest dancer, but Chad sure makes him look like it.

Good night! How many Red Bulls has he had?!?!?***

Jul 24, 2017, 10:25 AM [ in reply to If he gets and takes the job, i hope he doesn't dance ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: If he gets and takes the job, i hope he doesn't dance

Jul 24, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to If he gets and takes the job, i hope he doesn't dance ]

This isn't actually Chad Morris. It does look quite a bit like him, but it's a video from an older guy who posted it on Vine back when that was still a thing. Pretty hilarious nonetheless.

Jul 23, 2017, 3:18 PM

IMO this would be a lateral move for Chad Morris because of the damage created by Ole Miss. to Ole Miss. I don't think anyone will forget this scandal. There has been so much deception, cheating, misinformation that if I were a recruit I may consider walking on at another school if Ole Miss was my only offer.

Chad is making some headway at SMU and I would think he would be on a short list if Kevin Sumlin leaves A&M. Which I think is a much better job with little baggage to go with A&M.

Idk if Ole Miss will ever totally recover from the Big Freeze era! This is what happens when winning becomes the only thing.

So thankful for Dabo and Co. a well oiled machine doing things the right way.

Hey! BV is on that list...***

Jul 24, 2017, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey! BV is on that list...***

Jul 24, 2017, 11:47 AM

I don't see BV going anywhere. Why would you want to uproot your family from Clemson to be the HC at Ole Miss.

I am not say BV would not be a successful HC, but IMO every highly successful coordinator does make it as a HC. I think as long as he is being paid well and Clemson continues to build on its past success BV is happy building awesome Clemson defenses. Clemson is probably in the top 5 college program to work for. It maybe even be the best place to work, if you consider success of the program, family life, enjoyment of job, compensation, and many other perks, as well as the fan base.

Not every coordinator is cut out to be a HC.

Jul 24, 2017, 10:12 AM

Gotta agree with the posts saying Chad would rather stay and hold out for the A&M job. He had plenty of offers to leave Clemson but wanted to go back to Texas, so SMU made sense. Now he should really just wait for TA&M, they'll pour him a boatload of money and he's still in Texas. Plus he'd never get credit for anything he does at Miss 'cos they're going to suck for a long time, regardless of the coach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may have to imrove his overall record at SMU before

Jul 24, 2017, 11:53 AM

money is poured on him or he goes anywhere.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic