Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chad Morris on the QB competition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chad Morris on the QB competition

Sep 6, 2014, 5:13 PM

Chad Morris on the QB competition

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris on the QB competition

Sep 6, 2014, 5:18 PM

No!!!!!

The future is NOW.

Sep 6, 2014, 5:19 PM

Actually, now is the past.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hate to see us lose to Fla St. because the best players

Sep 6, 2014, 5:18 PM

are not on the field like a week ago, Reminds me of Tommy Bowden when he was fired because he wouldn't get rid of Rob Spence

It's ridiculous to compare what Dabo has done and is doing

Sep 7, 2014, 12:45 AM

..to anything that Tommy Bowden did with Rob Spence. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Re: hate to see us lose to Fla St. because the best players

Sep 7, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to hate to see us lose to Fla St. because the best players ]

Rob Spence was a proven failure. Cole is not. The great news is that both Stoudt and Watson are very gifted players, and Watson certainly is a capable and talented QB who is contributing. If he clearly is the better guy, I have no doubt that he will move into the starter's job, but all we have seen is snippets of him in games. We don't know the whole body of work and how he executes daily. To coaches and team mates that matters as to the level of trust. I think both are very good. What a nice "problem".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2014, 5:29 PM

I'm not even going to get worked up over it. It's obvious the coaches want cole as the starter and there doesn't seem to be any changing that.

It's hard to be excited with Cole at the helm but I will continue to support our tigers regardless.

Looking forward I watching Watson when he does get the call though.

Sep 6, 2014, 5:40 PM

I am not now or will I ever be a " sunshine pumper" I am a realist. We need to accept Cole as our starter and let things take care of themselves. Soon and very soon, a new starter will emerge, without question. This is homage to Cole and his loyalty. We don't know what promises were made to Cole and his dad(who seems to be wyyyy to involved in the business of the team. I guess it's easier to just say, oh well...

Sep 6, 2014, 5:45 PM

There seems to be some animosity between morris and dabo at times on the side line. It appeared Morris was snippy on several occasions in the Georgia game. Dabo is a loyalist and morris is a do anything to win kind of guy. Hopefully they come to some sort of conclusion before FSU. In my opinion the 2 QB system doesn't give either qb the opportunity to get in a rhythm against a formidable opponent.

Watch the interviews***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:20 PM

Cole looks antsy at the end, when being questioned about the situation.

And if u listen carefully...

When deshawn is asked about the fsu game... He says this a new year , that he's on the team, and that him and his teammates were going to get a victory...

He's proclaiming a victory already!

Go tigers!

Re: Watch the interviews***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:35 PM

Downgrade me if you want, whatever. I am true Clemson 100% and think the coaches are playing this perfectly. Cole has played well. Deshaun has played lights out no doubt. I personally am glad they are bringing along deshaun relayively slowly (some programs he's be on the bench and never see the field). Deshaun is learning and getting better, but cole seems to be executing as well. True he's not a Lamborghini, but plenty of guys that can run the system have done very well in football. I trust him and so do the coaches. Deshaun is looking crazy good and I know he can bring that added element if we stall vs fsu.

I have no problem with Cole distributing and letting Tay Scott or mike Williams make some plays. Keep deshaun in the games every third series or so is my vote*.

*I never played a down of even hs football, so I'd even agree that compared to some of you I know nothing. Just my opinions

Learning and getting better?***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:40 PM

That man scoring Touchdowns when he come in. Not settling for 3, which cole has a tendency to do.

I do think the coaches are playing this well, but it could be played even better!

Re: Learning and getting better?***

Sep 7, 2014, 1:15 PM

Ummm...Cole has only started in 2 games.....Leave the kid alone.

Re: Watch the interviews***

Sep 7, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Watch the interviews*** ]

Your opinion makes more sense than some on here. I would imaging that when there is clear separation between the two in favor of Deshawn a change will occur. I will admit that Watson has looked very good in the games, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2014, 4:42 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Chad Morris on the QB competition ]

Morris is so "do anything to win" that he played not to lose against UGA. Interesting. Cole hasn't played bad by any standards and Watson is only 2 games in to his career. Just let the season play out

I don't think every FG yesterday was on Cole either

Sep 7, 2014, 10:59 AM

A couple of those I think we settled for FGs purposely, so Lakkip could get some kicks in.

Sep 7, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Chad Morris on the QB competition ]

I agree. I have noticed a real tendency to get more conservative and "protect" a lead rather than continuing to pour it on. That has cost us dearly in the past. We clearly saw it at Auburn several years ago, and it has hurt us in other games where we won, but our lead slipped, like last year vs. ugay. Keep the pedal to the mettle like Barry Switzer used to do, at least until there is a very unreachable lead. Then let other players have some PT and get some experience.

Sep 7, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Chad Morris on the QB competition ]

I tend to agree with "Stone Cold" Austin: When you have 2 QB's, you nave no QB.

Sep 6, 2014, 5:30 PM

> > cellspacing=0>
> href="/update/coach/Chad-Morris-QB-competition-16998"
> class=newstitle>Chad Morris on the QB
> competition

> class=newsbody> > href="/update/coach/Chad-Morris-QB-competition-16998">
> Read Update
> »

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Sep 6, 2014, 5:30 PM

> > cellspacing=0>
> href="/update/coach/Chad-Morris-QB-competition-16998"
> class=newstitle>Chad Morris on the QB
> competition

> class=newsbody> > href="/update/coach/Chad-Morris-QB-competition-16998">
> Read Update
> »

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Try this again.....Is that Korncoot next to him?***

Sep 6, 2014, 5:31 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Try this again.....Is that Korncoot next to him?***

Sep 6, 2014, 5:32 PM

Yes

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's an idea for you...

Sep 6, 2014, 5:41 PM

you and nikki could pay for the wedding and have some cash left over from TigerNet donations if one of you would punch him in the head....or anywhere you like.

He heard the press box was serving fried chickenmelon

Sep 6, 2014, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Try this again.....Is that Korncoot next to him?*** ]

because SC State

useless chunk of lard

Thanks for weighing in Fuzzy Zoeller

Sep 6, 2014, 8:34 PM

You do realize we have Black players too?

Re: Thanks for weighing in Fuzzy Zoeller

Sep 7, 2014, 1:17 PM

And also Black Members on Tiger Net too. I found his comment very insulting.

I'm sure our black players appreciate your racism...

Sep 7, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to He heard the press box was serving fried chickenmelon ]

You sir, are worthless.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2014, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Try this again.....Is that Korncoot next to him?*** ]

Mr. Hood, what's your opinion on this whole QB thing? I understand that Cole is a good QB, but he is not the best one on the team. IMO anyway, what say you?

Sep 7, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Try this again.....Is that Korncoot next to him?*** ]

I wish they wouldn't let him set foot on Clemson soil ever again.

Sep 6, 2014, 5:39 PM

Good interview. Morris says the politically correct things, but it seems pretty obvious that he favors Watson. Wouldn't you if you were in his shoes. Watson opens up the whole play book.

They should not announce the starter until right before the game. This would keep Fla St. guessing.

Sep 6, 2014, 5:40 PM

I hope it is a disguise.

Sep 6, 2014, 5:44 PM
image.jpg(55.3 K)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2014, 6:08 PM

Wait a second... The game was "too big" for him?? No no no. I think the game was too big for you Chad Morris. I thought he did a great job considering the circumstances. If it wasn't for the crap play calling, I think you would have seen that....

Sep 6, 2014, 6:12 PM

Nevermind that last post. Apparently I can't read.... :(

After listening to this interview, I think we'll see more of

Sep 6, 2014, 7:31 PM

Gallman/Choice at HB in two weeks instead of Howard/Davidson. I still think Davidson is a pretty decent HB and deserves to play, but I think we heard our first hint of the end of the Howard era.

Re: After listening to this interview, I think we'll see more of

Sep 6, 2014, 7:50 PM

Agreed. For every time we heard Howard's name in post game, we heard Gallman's name 5 times. 5-1. Gallman is the real deal.

Re: After listening to this interview, I think we'll see more of

Sep 7, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to After listening to this interview, I think we'll see more of ]

Choice also brings another dimension in that he was a QB in HS, and he can throw the ball pretty well, too. I could see all kinds of very difficult situations for opposing D's with him in the game and Watson's speed on the outside as a possible receiver.

Caption: " I'm wearing uscc colors on purpose, I hate your

Sep 6, 2014, 8:54 PM

guts Chad & I'm getting fatter eating this free food from Clemson."

Sep 7, 2014, 11:52 AM

Please wake up before Tallahassee! If you get down there, it's great to start Cole! Whatever, he's been here for a long time a d been on the bench but let him have his time. But as soon as Watson gets a drive, and he delivers points or moves the offense much faster and down the field instead of 3 yards at a time, let him play!

Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 PM

I wish they would let Watson play a whole quarter, instead of a drive or two. Not all season but just once, in a big game. They should have done it in Georgia. I agree that a 2 QB system won't work but it is hard to compare 2 drives against a whole game at Georgia, (so we can't really say who is truly better, there are too many variables that are unknown with only two drives) and you can't really use SC state, or practice, to predict how Watson would do playing teams like FSU and USC.

If they would let Watson play a whole quarter in a big game then at least people would have a better idea of if he is the right man for the job over Cole. THEN after you can make a real comparison and figure out who your starter is because a lot of fans aren't convinced that this decision is being made from a "Dabo playing favorites/ making promises/letting the senior play" instead of who is really the best chance to win.

If we beat Florida State ANYTHING is possible for the rest of the season, even after a loss to Georgia week 1. I would hate to see us give that up, especially for the other seniors on the team like Vic who decided to stay an extra year, for stubborn reasons.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic